Author Topic: Devolved  (Read 15530 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 03:47:40 PM »
Post count doesn't go up in RR.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
Devolved
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 04:30:04 PM »
oh plz, do i need to quote countless threads bumped from a year ago in roleplay and other sections? thx

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »
I have a thing against mind-altering substances and most that affect the body; not all the natural ones, but all, if not most, unnatural ones.
[snapback]31701[/snapback]
Please give an example of an "unnatural" drug.

Pain is natural, and if I am feeling pain, I am feeling it for a reason. That should not be shut out.
Actually, that is precisely what happens when you feel pain. Your brain releases endorphins to counteract (or "shut out") pain whenever your brain receives that signal. This endorphin was used to prove that animals felt pain even when they were sedated and unconscious.

I take freezing cold showers too. Are you going to attribute that to my demeanor?
Yes I am, it sounds to me like youâ??re addicted to adrenaline and endorphins. That's much more dangerous than being addicted to a controlled substance.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 04:43:28 PM »
Please give an example of an "unnatural" drug.

Actually, that is precisely what happens when you feel pain. Your brain releases endorphins to counteract (or "shut out") pain whenever your brain receives that signal. This endorphin was used to prove that animals felt pain even when they were sedated and unconscious.

Yes I am, it sounds to me like youâ??re addicted to adrenaline and endorphins. That's much more dangerous than being addicted to a controlled substance.

[snapback]31705[/snapback]
Crack

Yeah, but that's part of the natural process. And should be left alone, not tampered with. Of course the body uses chemicals, that's why I think the whole "chemical imbalance" thing dealing with depression should also be left the fuck alone. They said I had "Major Depressive Disorder." I don't see it as a disorder.

Well, let's see, I'm not cutting myself or purposely inflicting pain... Where as, people with such addictions do. Heck, I don't even shake nearly as badly as I used to. The only thing I ever do where I feed off adrenaline, is stay up long periods of time, and normally it just happens. I don't actually do it for the adrenaline, it's normally because I am not tired and can't sleep, am too busy or entertained to want to sleep, or am trying to fix my sleep schedule. So, I don't see how I am addicted to either of them without addictive behavior, such as cutting myself.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 04:44:16 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 06:23:35 PM »
Crack
[snapback]31706[/snapback]
Made from cocaine which comes from a plant. Hardly unnatural, maybe "highly processed".

I would make an argument that, according to evolution, nothing man-made can ever be considered unnatural.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 07:00:44 PM »
Well then, Mr. I-gotta-be-specific-about-everything-even-though-I-know-exactly-what-you-are-trying-to-say person...

Man-made/artificial is what I meant by unnatural. Or in other words, it does not occur like that naturally.

So, do you have a real reason for trying to point that out? Besides trying to degrade me, which isn't working by the way. Or just tossing more bullshit around like Elessar? :lol:

This is fun. Thanks for joining in on this, now seperate, discussion; it's keeping me busy and creating active posting from people. :D

Though for now, I think I am going to head back outside. I was smashing shit with my hatchet, so much fun. Smashing and breaking shit is the other thing that keeps me entertained for a short time these days, but winter is coming, and I don't think alot of hatchet/maul/metal pole swinging is going to go on then.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »
So, do you have a real reason for trying to point that out?
[snapback]31710[/snapback]
Just trying to figure out your drug phobia. A lot of people make broad statements about "drugs" which makes it sound like they are all grouped into the same category. Don't be afraid of the drugs, they love you!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2006, 09:01:53 PM »
Oh, I don't have a problem with anti-biotics, medicines for illnesses, etc. And I am not afraid of drugs either, I just find quite a few to be useless, and more harmful than good, and therefore, I do not believe in them, or (in most cases) their use.

If I got run over by a fucking tractor and my leg was all twisted to fuck... gimme some goddamn pain killers or I'll tear your face off when I recover. But: "oh no, I have a headache, better pop some pain killers!" Give me a fucking break. :lol:

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2006, 10:30:54 PM »
I've stayed well away from the drugs and alcohol, but insanity and violence I am familiar with.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »
I've stayed well away from the drugs and alcohol, but insanity and violence I am familiar with.
[snapback]31714[/snapback]
That means you're only getting 50% out of life!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2006, 11:28:29 PM »
And probably have a 50% longer life to make up for it.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2006, 12:21:49 AM »
forgot about 2nd page >.<'
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 12:22:24 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Devolved
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2006, 12:49:37 AM »
oh plz, do i need to quote countless threads bumped from a year ago in roleplay and other sections? thx
[snapback]31704[/snapback]
lol I just seen this now. I don't give a fuck about postcount, do you have any idea how many forums I go to? lmfao

And if I wanted post count, I would certaintly try harder than that. But you see, I want posts, not post count. And I don't mean just mine either, I mean posting in general, not just in RR but everywhere. I enjoy being on forums most of all compared to everything else I do on the comp (besides talking to my gf of course), and this is one I've been enjoying posting at, even if people don't seem to enjoy my posting. Which might actually be why I do it. LOL Plus, I don't reply to threads according to date, I feel there is nothing irrelevant about many old topics and no reason they couldn't be going now, so I often make a post as if it were a topic that was just active yesterday. Sept the Taarna one, that was cause I was bored and seen google reading it.

Do you need to? I don't know, do you? Do you really care this much about me? Wow, I'm flattered. I find my posting everywhere to be less intriguing than your sudden concern for the things I do. :lol:

forgot about 2nd page >.<'
lawl
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 12:52:22 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »