Author Topic: CEP v2 uploaded to NWVault!  (Read 5949 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
CEP v2 uploaded to NWVault!
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:09:26 PM »
The CEP v2 has been uploaded to NWVault. Should be available later today once the NWVault people get it set up.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 05:22:24 PM »
Ahh! I expected a credit line, but a whole page! Now that's impressive!

And now the moment you've all been waiting for: 420 and Throbble's credit page!

[attachmentid=931]

-Elessar

Edit: woops, forgot to change the format at first, lol

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 05:23:25 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 09:01:43 PM »
Ahh! I expected a credit line, but a whole page! Now that's impressive!
[snapback]31540[/snapback]
Actually, the doc credits sort of got merged with the online bios. Here is the full bio which should show up on the forum in the near future:

420â??s Bio

I was introduced to computers in the late â??70â??s when my mom became a third-generation language programmer for the Department of Defense.

I got my first home computer in the early â??80â??s, a  Radioshack TRS-80 (a.k.a. â??trash 80â?). It featured a black and white screen, two 5 Ã?¼â? floppies and no hard drive. I was able to play a few of the early computer games on it, like Zork and some games created by my momâ??s co-workers.

However, I had access to some real nice computers (ie color monitor and hard drive) when I went to my momâ??s work late at night so she could feed punch cards into a machine the size of my bedroom. Here I discovered a wonderful ASCII graphics based game called Rogue. This was my first real dungeon crawling, hack nâ?? slash experience and the beginning of my interest in CRPGs.

During the â??80â??s I also became interested in Dungeons and Dragons when I picked up a basic starter kit from a garage sale. Iâ??ve always been a big fan of monster books like the Encyclopedia of Legendary Creatures, and soon got my hands on the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Monster Manual and Monster Manual II.

It was around this time that my cousin introduced me to an amazing new game on his Commodore 64 called the Adventure Construction Set. This was the very first RPG computer game to come with tools to build your own adventures, you could even create custom 4-color 6x8 graphics! I used this to create an adventure based in the Marvel Comics universe.

In the late â??80â??s and early â??90â??s I worked part time for the government. While there I learned all about computer and network hardware as well as this brand new thing called the "Internet". Back then the only browser was Mosaic and there weren't a whole lot of graphics or sound on the net, just a ton of hypertext and Sci-Fi/Fantasy trivia.

By the early â??90â??s I had played some amazing games such as Sim Earth (which I crashed by trying to evolve robots into sentient beings), DOOM, Dungeon Hack (an Infinite Dungeons style hack nâ?? slash random dungeon generator) and Might and Magic IV and V (Clouds and Darkside of Xeen respectively, a.k.a. World of Xeen). This is around the time I discovered the next generation of CRPG building programs, TSRâ??s Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures which allowed you to make adventures based on the engine used for TSRâ??s D&D â??gold boxâ? games. In fact, my wife and I used this program to make â??first draftsâ? of our adventures right before NWN was released.

During the â??90â??s I got into some of the best CRPGs ever made using Bioware's Infinity Engine, Baldurâ??s Gate and Baldurâ??s Gate 2 (with expansions), Icewind Dale, Fallout 2 and, of course, the greatest computer game ever created, Planescape: Torment!

My wife and I started dating in the mid â??90â??s and together we got into multiplayer games like Diablo 2 and Quake. When Bioware announced Neverwinter Nights I dusted off my old Monster Manuals and Unlimited Adventures and introduced CRPG construction to my wife. Then I started buying the 3.0 D&D manuals in preparation for NWN.

Well, weâ??ve been addicted to NWN ever since and even turned one of our pet projects into a semi-persistent server called ThrobbleServ (after my wifeâ??s NWN handle â??Throbblefootâ?). Having a few years of C++ under my belt (as well as a few scripting languages) it was pretty easy to teach myself to script in NWScript.

Being a big fan of Planescape: Torment I was sad to see CODI dissolve but was happy to get my hands on the CODI content released by Papermonk. In celebration I decided to run a Sigil server for one weekend featuring the CODI content, the Sigil tileset and the extracted music from Planescape: Torment. In order to accomplish this my wife spent an entire weekend looking up official stats for the various CODI creatures and made blueprints for all of them while I made blueprints for the placeables. Shortly after mentioning this project on the Bioware forums I was contacted by Shadow Weaver who was very interested in using our CODI blueprints. He was so impressed that I got the offer to do as many blueprints for the CEP v2 creature models as I could before it was released.

My efforts were rewarded first by a membership in the PWARP and recently membership into the CEP team!

And thatâ??s my entire online life in a nutshell.

Details on our server can be found here: ThrobbleServ

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:02:15 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 09:14:39 PM »
*whistles* What in the Marvelverse were you basing your Adventure Construction Set game on?

-Elessar
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:15:47 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:51:54 PM »
*whistles* What in the Marvelverse were you basing your Adventure Construction Set game on?
-Elessar
[snapback]31542[/snapback]
Basic plot:

A large section of down town New York is suddenly encased in a giant orb of energy. Directly above the isolated part of the city there is a rip in space that connects to the "world-ship" of Galactus. Your character recently discovered they are a mutant and they quest through the sky-scrapers of New York fighting famous people like Venom and Wolverine.

Eventually you gained the Ultimate Nullifier and the surfboard of the Silver Surfer which allowed you to travel through the void and destroy Galactus.

I was probably around 10 or 11 when I made this adventure.

Offline Frank10LR

• MSN Messenger - fralapla@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - frank10lr@yahoo.it
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hackweb.altervista.org
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 06:19:27 AM »
WOOOt, GREAT  i'll try it now.
"If I talk to God I'm religious, if God talks to me I'm crazy"[/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']Ψ ~~~ ₣!gђÃƒÂ¢? !πg 4 Pâ?¬аÃ?©ξ Ỉâ? '$ Ł!κΣ ₣υÃ?©k!πg 4 ٧!Ã?®g!π!â? Ã?Â¥ ~~~ Ψ