Author Topic: Screwed on the pre-order (again)  (Read 4511 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Screwed on the pre-order (again)
« on: September 11, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »
Well, I got screwed on the preorder again, I just hope some thoughtful person posts the NWN2 toolset to NWVault on the 18th.

Details here: Link

Pfft, they locked my first topic  without giving me any help. Uppity scum!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »
Bah, fuck them. Say what you want! - That's just my opinion on the subject. LOL

There's nowhere else you can preorder? I don't know much about it, as I've never done preorders before, and I normally wait a little while after it's been released to get a game.

Personally, I do not want to get the game until my next comp upgrade, so I can almost assure you, I won't be in-game for probably a few months or more. It all really depends.

Is Bioware really the right place to be asking? Just doesn't seem completely right since Obsidian are the developers of 2.

I know I'd talk to them EB Games fools again and make demands! And it appears as though you could pre-order, and all that jazz, from Best Buy.
Beyond that, there's little I can suggest.

EDIT: I just did a little snooping, I think I'm getting it. Pretty fucked up shit. Have you seen this? http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...496674&forum=95
Because of his friend, it seems he didn't have a problem. Bah, fools.

This thread seems to have some useful info, don't know if any of it could help you though:
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...496305&forum=95

With all my looking, it only seems as though Bestbuy has been the way to go for the pre-release toolset in the US. Everyone seems to get nothing from everywhere else.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:24:35 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:58:32 PM »
True Bioware and Obsidian aren't involved with the publication and distribution of the game.  So they wouldn't have anything useful to say.  However posting the problem on the Bioware forum makes sense as it is an NWN2 forum and the post fits within it's context of being related to the game.  Anyway my opinion is not to bother with pre-ordering the game.  There will not be a problem with the release and I'm sure there will be plenty of copies to meet the demand.  If not just bittorent the toolset until you can buy a copy :P

I probably won't wait until my next upgrade which will likely be in December to get the game.  Hopefully it will run nicely on my aging Athlon XP and GF4.  Come December I'll be in Intel Quad Core heaven ahhhhh  :angel:
 Booya
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:02:54 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
True Bioware and Obsidian aren't involved with the publication and distribution of the game.  So they wouldn't have anything useful to say.  However posting the problem on the Bioware forum makes sense as it is an NWN2 forum and the post fits within it's context of being related to the game.  Anyway my opinion is not to bother with pre-ordering the game.  There will not be a problem with the release and I'm sure there will be plenty of copies to meet the demand.  If not just bittorent the toolset until you can buy a copy :P

I probably won't wait until my next upgrade which will likely be in December to get the game.  Hopefully it will run nicely on my aging Athlon XP and GF4.  Come December I'll be in Intel Quad Core heaven ahhhhh  :angel:
  Booya
[snapback]31232[/snapback]
Nerd. :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 07:28:49 PM »
Obsidian doesn't have their own forum, heh, they just use Bioware's.

Unfortunately the only Best Buy in San Francisco closed. Ugh, I hate this stupid city.

Besides I already forked over my cash to EB Games and there is a really trashy bar next door that I like to hang out in while waiting for the delivery to arrive on release day.

Hopefully it will run nicely on my aging Athlon XP and GF4.  Come December I'll be in Intel Quad Core heaven
[snapback]31232[/snapback]
Don't say that! I'm about to get a new computer and I don't want to wait until December!

Speaking of which, I heard NWN2 was going to be "Vista Compliant" which means that all save games will be saved to the "My Documents" folder. Clear evidence that Bill Gates is senile and Microsoft has outlived its usefulness.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:03:49 PM »
I'm more of a bestbuy junkie, I get almost everything I can from there.

THe funny thing is, Im getting a new laptop for Collage, and the one im getting is likley to be 2x better than my desktop B)
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 09:27:33 PM »
Atari released a press statement today (after I pre-order of course) explaining what the deal is.

NEW YORK - Sept. 11, 2006 - Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR), one of the world's most recognized brands and leading third-party video game publisher, today announced that the Company will support a pre-order campaign for Neverwinter Nights 2 with Gamestop and Best Buy.
Full Press Release

I found a Best Buy in San Francisco (we have one left) so I'll head down there to preorder from them tomorrow. Unfortunately it's in one of the worst parts of town, I'll have to bring mace and a crowbar.

EB Games can have the $10 I dropped, it's worth it to never go into that place again.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 11:49:19 PM »
All's well that ends well.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
Don't say that! I'm about to get a new computer and I don't want to wait until December!

[snapback]31235[/snapback]

Quad core will be available next month don't worry :P