Author Topic: 50 Cent, Arrested  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« on: September 09, 2006, 08:23:40 PM »
This is some news brought to my attention by our newsman and moderator at RoD, and I thought this topic might spark a few insults, maybe some interests.

Can't get the link to the article to work on here no matter what I try, so I'll link to it at RoD, the link from there works fine.

Link

Rapper 50 Cent arrested in New York
By Daniel Trotta
Fri Sep 8, 5:23 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rapper 50 Cent was arrested for traffic offenses while driving a silver, open-topped Lamborghini on Friday, generating a crowd that cheered the recording artist and jeered police as they handcuffed him.

The rapper, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, was cited for making an unsafe lane change, driving with an expired permit, driving without insurance and driving without a vehicle registration, a police spokesman said.

The 31-year-old recording artist was pulled over in Midtown Manhattan by plainclothes officers in an unmarked patrol car. At first he refused a police order to get out of the car, instead making a call on his cell phone, tourist Ian Parvess said.

"Eventually the cops opened the door. ... He just got out of the car and put his hands on the car and they put the cuffs on him," Parvess, who videotaped the arrest, told Reuters.

50 Cent, wearing a black baseball cap over a white do-rag and a shiny silver necklace over a white T-shirt, was taken to a police station and released soon after being given four summonses, a police spokeswoman said.

Spectators crowded around the scene outside the New Yorker Hotel, insulting police and breaking into a chorus of boos when the star was handcuffed.

The bullet-scarred, tattooed king of the hip-hop charts last year starred in a movie based on his life, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'."

The movie's title is the same as his 2003 debut CD, which sold 7.6 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which tracks record sales. His three albums have sold 13.7 million records overall.

New York-born Jackson, who took the name 50 Cent after of a fabled Brooklyn thief, became the first artist to have four songs in the top 10 of Billboard's Hot 100 since the Beatles in 1964.

His spokeswoman did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 12:10:07 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:59:14 PM »
This is some news brought to my attention by our newsman and moderator at RoD, and I thought this topic might spark a few insults, maybe some interests.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060908/music_...HNlYwNtZW5ld3M-
[snapback]31182[/snapback]
Uh, the link doesn't work.

As far as insults and interests, I'm not interested enough in 50 Cent to insult him or even really care about his minor traffic violation.

If I made a movie about my life it would be called, "Get Away From Gangster Rappers or Kill Them Tryin'."

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 12:07:56 AM »
As far as insults and interests, I'm not interested enough in 50 Cent to insult him or even really care about his minor traffic violation.
[snapback]31188[/snapback]
Funny how you then decide to follow up with an insult.

The link works for me at RoD, and every time I copy and paste it from there, or from the address bar, and edit my post, it no longer works. Something keeps breaking it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:16:04 AM »
[snapback]31190[/snapback]
Not sure how you took that as an insult.

I don't want to be near gangster rappers for the same reason I don't want to be near Hell's Angels. And I would never insult a Hell's Angel.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 01:35:37 AM »
Well, a statement like that looks like it could easily be taken offense to, and therefore, could easily be considered an insult. I know I would probably take it as one.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 05:15:34 AM »
Well, a statement like that looks like it could easily be taken offense to, and therefore, could easily be considered an insult. I know I would probably take it as one.
[snapback]31193[/snapback]
What I want to know is: In what way could you possibly interpret that statement to be an insult and to whom is the perceived insult directed?

You say it's potentially insulting but you offer no explanation or examples.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 01:03:03 PM »
I would take it as an insult to my kind, as though you're implying all gangsters and/or rappers are bad people, and to get away from them, or that killing them is okay. Of course, I'm not a ganster, or a rapper, but that's how I would take it.

Had you asked for an example, I may have given one. It's never safe to assume.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 03:40:01 PM »
I would take it as an insult to my kind, as though you're implying all gangsters and/or rappers are bad people, and to get away from them, or that killing them is okay. Of course, I'm not a ganster, or a rapper, but that's how I would take it.

Had you asked for an example, I may have given one. It's never safe to assume.
[snapback]31200[/snapback]
You are absolutely correct; it is never safe to assume.

It is never safe to assume you can make your point without an example.

It is never safe to assume someone is trying to be insulting.

It is never safe to assume that "gangster rapper" includes all gangsters and all rappers.

It is never safe to assume you know what the reactions of other people are going to be (especially when you don't belong to their group, organization or category).

It is never safe to assume you comprehend the nuances of the English language.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 03:40:24 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 09:54:44 PM »
See!? Now look what you just did! You assumed I assumed those things! How dare you!? I was only implying! Hmph!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 10:13:31 PM »
See!? Now look what you just did! You assumed I assumed those things! How dare you!? I was only implying! Hmph!
[snapback]31211[/snapback]
You might want to shut up before he burns you again....

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 10:43:20 PM »
I was only implying!
[snapback]31211[/snapback]
Ah, were you implying or was I inferring?

Ha!

EDIT: Wait a minute, I never said you did any of those things, though I may have implied it, they were just examples!

heh, I bet this is the coolest 50 Cent thread on the internet!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:27:49 AM by Throbblefoot »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 01:29:24 AM »
lol 50 cent's music, well some of it, according to me obviously, is decent. But alot of it sucks, and his whole style and way he acts, is something I could care less about.

EDIT: ROFL, I just noticed Elessar's post. It's so tiny and unimportant I didn't notice it the first time. :lol: And you could consider it a burn, had it really been true at all.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:33:41 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 01:33:36 AM »
his whole style and way he acts, is something I could care less about. [snapback]31216[/snapback]
This from the one that started the thread....

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 01:35:24 AM »
This from the one that started the thread....

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]31217[/snapback]
What does that have to do with anything? The whole fact that I don't care for him, especially his attitude towards things, would be MORE of a reason for me to post a thread about him getting arrested, than the other way around.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »
his whole style and way he acts, is something I could care less about.
[snapback]31216[/snapback]

The whole fact that I don't care for him, especially his attitude towards things, would be MORE of a reason for me to post a thread about him getting arrested, than the other way around.
[snapback]31218[/snapback]
*Gets out the HeLL-to-Logic translator.*

So, you are saying that you posted an article about 50 Cent because you could care less about him? That makes absolutely no sense, which isn't surprising coming from you.

Link
[snapback]31182[/snapback]
Again, you posted the article thinking it might spark insults or interests towards someone you could care less about.

You are either profoundly confused or mistaken about your feelings toward 50 Cent. In fact, I think deep down you love 50 Cent and this thread was a subconscious attempt to declare your true feelings for him.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 04:03:20 PM »
What I mean by "care less" for something, doesn't mean a complete lack of caring about that something, it only means I have a distaste for that something. Just like you, here, probably could care less about me, but does that stop you from attempting your critique? No.

Just curious, are you trying to get a certain reaction out of me? Or is it that you're seeking one from others? Or is it something entirely different? What makes you "care" enough to keep replying here?

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 04:12:38 PM »
i was just drivin my borg, yo

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 04:21:28 PM »
Just like you, here, probably could care less about me, but does that stop you from attempting your critique? No.
[snapback]31223[/snapback]
Oh HeLL, don't try that false self-deprecating crap with me, I got tired of it from all the teenagers back when I was in high school.

You answered your own question: If I could care less about you I wouldn't critique you.

Just curious, are you trying to get a certain reaction out of me? Or is it that you're seeking one from others? Or is it something entirely different? What makes you "care" enough to keep replying here?
[snapback]31223[/snapback]
You started it:

[snapback]31190[/snapback]
Don't start what you can't finish.

I hate it when people pick fights with me then, when it goes badly for them, ask me why I won't leave them alone. It's like opening Pandora's Box then wining about the pestilence you released.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »
Oh HeLL, don't try that false self-deprecating crap with me, I got tired of it from all the teenagers back when I was in high school.

You answered your own question: If I could care less about you I wouldn't critique you.
[snapback]31226[/snapback]
Self-deprecating? Nay, mate. I find myself to be splendid indeed, I however, did not think that something you would agree with me on. Hahaha.

You started it:
Don't start what you can't finish.
I'm still posting aren't I?

I hate it when people pick fights with me then, when it goes badly for them, ask me why I won't leave them alone. It's like opening Pandora's Box then wining about the pestilence you released.
When did I ask you to leave me alone? Hahaha. If anything this is amusing me, hence why I continued on my part. And personally, I don't think anything is "going badly." On the contrary, I always end up putting my messages across the wrong way, or I cannot find a way to say exactly what I want. I've always had that problem, were I actually speaking, I do not feel I would have such an issue. However, that doesn't stop me from continuing, because despite the other argument, I normally always walk away still feeling exactly the same about the subject.

But hey, I'm a self styled individual. Honestly, I find disagreeing with you is far more fun than some other people. You at least do not seem to take any of it to heart, or mix in any emotions that do not belong on the net. That makes such conversations far more enjoyable.

i was just drivin my borg, yo
lol! :lol:

Okay, it was far more difficult reading and trying to concentrate when you've got people yelling their lungs out. It will hurt them, but oh well, I think it is time they get stabbed.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 07:14:52 PM »
And personally, I don't think anything is "going badly." On the contrary, I always end up putting my messages across the wrong way, or I cannot find a way to say exactly what I want. I've always had that problem, were I actually speaking, I do not feel I would have such an issue.
[snapback]31227[/snapback]
If my message was being misunderstood (or misstated) I would call that "going badly" and try to explain myself more clearly.

I'm notorious for coming off in text (email, message boards, etc) like I'm pissed off. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I refuse to use emotes, so I come off a lot more harsh than I mean to sound.

So... yeah, I think we can agree that gangster rappers may look cool on TV but I wouldn't want one in my living room.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 07:39:59 PM »
If my message was being misunderstood (or misstated) I would call that "going badly" and try to explain myself more clearly.

I'm notorious for coming off in text (email, message boards, etc) like I'm pissed off. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I refuse to use emotes, so I come off a lot more harsh than I mean to sound.

So... yeah, I think we can agree that gangster rappers may look cool on TV but I wouldn't want one in my living room.

[snapback]31234[/snapback]
Nah, happens all the time, I forget to worry about it.

Not to me. Your words appear simple and emotionless to me, except at key moments where they appear the same, only sugar coated. Though don't try to understand what I mean by that, since I don't know how else to describe it, and if you guessed what it meant, you'd probably guess wrong.

For the most part, yeah. Though to me, Eminem doesn't come off as a bad guy at all, not like alot of the others do. (by 'bad guy,' I mean personality wise)

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 10:28:52 PM »
I know a few hells angels over here.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »
A few months ago a guy wearing a Hells Angel shirt was shot and killed by a rival gang called the Outlaws in my very small city. The guy killed wasn't even in the Hells Angel.

"They call themselves bikers," she said. "They don't even have bikes. They have guns."

That's a qoute from the mother of the victim.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
50 Cent, Arrested
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 05:20:13 PM »
A few months ago a guy wearing a Hells Angel shirt was shot and killed by a rival gang called the Outlaws in my very small city. The guy killed wasn't even in the Hells Angel.

"They call themselves bikers," she said. "They don't even have bikes. They have guns."

That's a qoute from the mother of the victim.
[snapback]32062[/snapback]
He was an idiot. If a rival gang didn't kill him it would have been the Hell's Angels themselves.

A friend of the family owned a tow truck business and he impounded a truck that belonged to this guy who came over to the house with a couple buddies and beat the snot out of him. They claimed to be Hell's Angels at the time. A couple weeks later he got a phone call to tow a vehicle. When he got there, there was no vehicle, just a lone Hell's Angel that told the guy that the three thugs that beat him up were not Hell's Angels and that he would never have to worry about those three guys ever again.