Author Topic: NWN2 Limited Edition Content (What a rip-off!)  (Read 4662 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Limited Edition Content (What a rip-off!)
« on: August 28, 2006, 03:26:16 PM »
* Limited Edition Content:
- A powerful new feat called Blessed of Waukeen, which will generate +1 bonus to all saving throws,
- Two special items
- Access to a unique weapon
- A magical golden aura which lights above your character
- Cloth map showing in-game locations
- Book of art, depicting characters and scenes from the game
- Two silver antique rings: Good & Evil

OK, this is just wrong, they are planning to restrict access to official content based on whether you shell out an extra $10 or not. What in the hell are these greedy bastards on about? The whole point of NWN was the freedom to access the official content to build your own adventures!

Voice your objections here: (Link)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »
So basically the map and the art book are the only things which cannot be recreated by the toolset or scripting. Ohh and +1 to saves, I think i just wet myself, no wait, theres a leak in the bottom of my coffee mug.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »
So basically the map and the art book are the only things which cannot be recreated by the toolset or scripting.
[snapback]30980[/snapback]

That's what isn't clear, they make no mention of the limited edition content being available to players that don't own the limited edition. I personally think this is some kind of poorly thought out promotional idea by Atari, who apparently doesn't understand the custom mod/multiplayer aspect of NWN/NWN2.

The current thinking by the community is that the limited edition feat/items/glow will be available only to limited edition player in the single player campaign but available to everyone online in custom mods. Of course, that could just be wishful thinking.

I, for one, don't trust Atari and I think we need to make a big stink about this to let those cheap fuckers know that the community won't stand for their abuse anymore.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:58:39 AM »
lol who cares.  5 days before it's hacked and everyone gets a funky aura hehe.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 10:36:01 AM »
ive still got my baldurs gate 2 T-Shirt. i guess ill be getting this as well

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 07:15:15 PM »
pfff I payed my first NWN when it came out 60â?¬(~60$) so if this limited edition is also that much i'll prolly buy it if it's more then they can shove it up their greedy asses.....simple as that

*EDIT* but it's really not suprising that Atari did this as you said 420 they are in money trouble and they need the money, and they wan't to do everything that's possible to get more money...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:39:46 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f