Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Wiki  (Read 7460 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« on: August 21, 2006, 03:50:49 PM »
I was looking around for Forgotten Realms information earlier and on Wikipedia, I stumbled onto an FR-Wiki. Unfortuneatly its still growing and gettings its articles created, so I decided I'd post about it incase anyone here *cough cough*420*cough cough* has some hidden stronghold of information on parts of Faerun within them and maybe some spare time would be interested in helping them fill in gaps.

*clicky for FR-wiki*

don't forget to note references unless your like me and suck at figuring out who the hell to put down in something like the monster manual!

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 06:09:54 PM »
don't forget to note references unless your like me and suck at figuring out who the hell to put down in something like the monster manual!
[snapback]30887[/snapback]

If it's from the 1st edition Monster Manuals then it would be Gary Gygax, creater of D&D  (Mordenkainen is his RPG character).

For any 3E or 3.5E material, it's all WotC, since they own any intellectual property that their writers create.

Oh, and thanks for the link!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 06:21:08 PM »
If it's from the 1st edition Monster Manuals then it would be Gary Gygax, creater of D&D  (Mordenkainen is his RPG character).

For any 3E or 3.5E material, it's all WotC, since they own any intellectual property that their writers create.

Oh, and thanks for the link!

[snapback]30888[/snapback]

ahh, thanks, now i just have to figure out how i'd write it...i'm no good at bibliographies :x thankfully i just copy and paste other peoples for the campaign setting book, lol...

hehe, np, i figured you'd be interested, but posted since it's a good resource for anyone once it gets fuller, although some articles are decently sized already.. btw, how woudl i cite you as my source? lol...(ya, i really need it - here)

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:48:58 PM »
btw, how woudl i cite you as my source? lol...(ya, i really need it - here)
-Elessar
[snapback]30889[/snapback]

Actually all my beholder info comes from the D&D book Lords of Madness (WotC).

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
(copyright date?)

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:20:19 PM »
(copyright date?)
-Elessar
[snapback]30892[/snapback]

Lored of Madness: The Book of Aberrations
2005 Wizards of the Coast

Sounds like the site could use an "Official Sources" page that lists all the official TSR and WotC D&D related material with all that info so people can just link to it instead of having to write it out for each article.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 10:22:41 PM »
Lored of Madness: The Book of Aberrations
2005 Wizards of the Coast

Sounds like the site could use an "Official Sources" page that lists all the official TSR and WotC D&D related material with all that info so people can just link to it instead of having to write it out for each article.
[snapback]30896[/snapback]
it does have some of them in there, but not all of them...i actually found the date on the wizards official site afterwards when i thought to check there, hehehe...btw..*is sitting on throbbleserve too bored to fill out more random pages that links want to go to with short entries with a stub at the bottom*

-Elessar

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Forgotten Realms Wiki
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »
Actually all my beholder info comes from the D&D book Lords of Madness (WotC).

[snapback]30890[/snapback]

Thats a great book! :D I had that sucker pre-ordered before it came out. :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?