Other > General Gaming

Emulators

<< < (5/5)

420:

--- Quote from: Soul Sojourner on May 01, 2009, 06:33:40 PM ---To put it bluntly, there's pretty much an emulator for everything worth making an emulator for, and if there's not, you just gotta wait a little bit longer.

--- End quote ---
I'm going to wait for an emulator that emulates all the other emulators.

Soul Sojourner:
There are emulators that emulate emulator functions, it's a start.

Soul Sojourner:
Added info on JoyToKey, a useful little program I use that emulates keyboard functions with a PC controller/joystick. It's useful when playing roms and computer games.

Link:
JoyToKey

420:
My local bar is having a problem. They have MAME on a laptop in an arcade case with 4 Street Fighter 2 style controls. Each of the joystick directions and each button must be assigned to a different keyboard key.

The problem is that certain key combos execute Windows commands. For example, I'm playing Street Fighter 2 and I hit the top 3 buttons to execute Zangief's whirlwind move and it just so happens that those 3 buttons are assigned to Ctrl, Alt, and Delete... yeah. So I had the guy that maintains the machine reassign that particular combo but there are a bunch of other Windows commands like that like Windows key + m.

So there are two solutions I see, either disable the Windows key combo commands somehow or come up with an optimized key assignment for the controls that will minimize the chance of Windows command combos. There are 60 total keys that need to be assigned (8 joystick directions + 6 buttons + start button x 4).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version