Author Topic: Tournament at Antes  (Read 8721 times)

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
Tournament at Antes
« on: June 05, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »
Soon there will be a tournament at the Ante server [Now hosted by Reb] for any clans that wish to participate. It will be running on a points based 'round robin' with each clan fighting everyother.  1 point will be scored for wining, 0 for loseing the round. Victory is decided when all of the clan members from one clan die. Each clan may submit 1 team each of 5 members. Any members of the clan may participate and teams may be switched around for each round, the only rule for participants is that the clans leader [if avalible] must play each round, if he/she is not avalible the 2nd in command will take his place [and so on in order of rank]. The matches will be held on the ante server in an area desigen for this tournament. When you die a DM will teleport you to the Ante arena to wait for the match to end. When all teams have fought every other team points willbe added and the winner will be annonced, in case of a tie the tieing teams will face off against each other again and the winner be declared the victor. The rules for the tournament will be the same as the server [hideing once each round, no healing etc]. more details and exact time to follow.

Post if you wish to enter a team [non-clan teams are also welcome] or have any questions
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:23:36 PM by WitchHunter_Z »

Chard!

Tournament at Antes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »
Yay! I would like to fight in a tournament.  :diablo: No mercy!  :diablo:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 09:31:34 PM »
I'd be happy to serve as an impartial judge if needed. I still got the old black and white referee uniforms from the clan tournament.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 02:10:16 AM »
I'd be happy to serve as an impartial judge if needed. I still got the old black and white referee uniforms from the clan tournament.

[snapback]29192[/snapback]
ok thanks, we'll need another DM to get people out of there when they die [unless  Reb can get the script working] as Me and Reb will both be fighting at times. Still need to see if theres enough intrest for it to go on first.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 02:10:32 AM by WitchHunter_Z »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 02:18:09 AM »
Given the horror that was the War, I have to hesitate, but I'll dig up the old uniform if you end up needing referees.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 04:34:44 AM »
Soon there will be a tournament at the Ante server [Now hosted by Reb] for any clans that wish to participate. It will be running on a points based 'round robin' with each clan fighting everyother.  1 point will be scored for wining, 0 for loseing the round. Victory is decided when all of the clan members from one clan die. Each clan may submit 1 team each of 5 members. Any members of the clan may participate and teams may be switched around for each round, the only rule for participants is that the clans leader [if avalible] must play each round, if he/she is not avalible the 2nd in command will take his place [and so on in order of rank]. The matches will be held on the ante server in an area desigen for this tournament. When you die a DM will teleport you to the Ante arena to wait for the match to end. When all teams have fought every other team points willbe added and the winner will be annonced, in case of a tie the tieing teams will face off against each other again and the winner be declared the victor. The rules for the tournament will be the same as the server [hideing once each round, no healing etc]. more details and exact time to follow.

Post if you wish to enter a team [non-clan teams are also welcome] or have any questions
[snapback]29185[/snapback]

First of all: The Antes have both a server forum and antes subforum here in case you don't know.

Second: When is this planned for?

Third: Are outsiders able to watch?

Fourth: You said this is taking place at the Antes server? Doesn't that make it possible for characters to be using skins? Unless someone has changed the filter, characters can still get in with skins, as such this may give people an unfair advantage in battle.

Finally: What are the rules for this tournament, and are there any requirements or restrictions besides the obvious?

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »
First of all: The Antes have both a server forum and antes subforum here in case you don't know.

Second: When is this planned for?

Third: Are outsiders able to watch?

Fourth: You said this is taking place at the Antes server? Doesn't that make it possible for characters to be using skins? Unless someone has changed the filter, characters can still get in with skins, as such this may give people an unfair advantage in battle.

Finally: What are the rules for this tournament, and are there any requirements or restrictions besides the obvious?
[snapback]29201[/snapback]

1. I know, I have posted this at vgcannon as well, but most GodSpire players don't read there. I thought that this would get more attention in the NWN general than the Ante sub-forum and its for all GodSpire players not just Antes.

2. We're not sure when exactly its planned for yet, more on that later but it will take palce over a few days so people that can't make 1 match can make others etc, also it doesn't force people to have to paly for hours on end if they only have the time for an hour or so

3. Of course people are welcome to watch!

4. I belive thats fixed, but i'm not sure.

5. The only tournament specifc rules are: The leader must play each match [if possible] andyou can only have 1 build of each kind [e.g You can't have 5 37 monks]

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »
They just know 5 Doriathian mages would win too easily
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 12:59:03 PM »
They just know 5 Doriathian mages would win too easily
[snapback]29211[/snapback]
If they knew that was your plan, wouldn't it be logical to assume they would use mage-killers?

Offline ghost102

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 04:22:18 PM »
We're not stupid... fine some of us our. But I'm not!

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 04:30:59 PM »
We're not stupid... fine some of us our. But I'm not!
[snapback]29221[/snapback]
Some of us our?  :P  Should check for typos when making points like that  :D

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
Hah! Well sorry I wont be attending, so Marauders PM me for those of you who are or might attend it. And I will figure something out, but I doubt I will make it. So guys lemme know and we can figure it out. lol.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline ghost102

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 05:27:43 AM »
Ignore all my typos I typed it when I was tired. (I had such a busy day)
Othertimes I just need a new keyboard. XD

Otherwise back to tourney...

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Tournament at Antes
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 08:37:57 AM »
The tournament will most likely be held next weekend [16th - 17th - 18th]. The matches will be spread otu accross those days, so if you can't be here for one of those days but can for another and you want to participate PM me or psot here and I can try and arrange it so your team doesn't play any matches on that day.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 08:38:11 AM by WitchHunter_Z »