Author Topic: A Suggestion?  (Read 7852 times)

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« on: August 05, 2004, 12:42:35 PM »

Well I guess this can be better phrased as a question. Is there something that can be done about the nasty lagg experienced when say....about 20 ppl are on the server? Perhaps creating off-shoots for the main Pvp area? Maybe sharing servers and capping ppl at 16 each?

Anyways, it gets so bad sometimes one can hardly duel. I have lost a couple that way with lag spikes.

Finally, I want to thank all the peeps that have made my entrance into GS (after playing NWN for 2 years enjoyable), Wudan, Talon, Raven, Nate, Nehu, BatnTheHat, and many more...

C r a n e_Leader of The Necriss and proud member of The Mauraders.

Offline 7th Heaven

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 12:49:08 PM »
Only time its laggy with 20 people is when most of them are mages. Anyway if we split up godspire onto two servers or making any shootoffs, or any thing like that, it wouldnt be any fun cause i like being in the middle of huge crowds of people  :P .
"In an age of nothing, at a time when we stand at the brink of our own destruction-strengthen your belief in yourself, in the future of humanity, in things of this world which cannot easily be percieved. Awaken that which lies dormant now within your soul. Re-ignite the flame of your consciousness, and measure the strength of your conviction. Reveal the lie. Renounce your hatred. Seek, find, and embrace the truths you are fortunate enough to discover. Cherish them, use them to anchor you in the sea of chaos that is the world we live in. When twilight draws near, when you are pushed to the very limits of your soul, when it seams that all you have left are the dead remains of the fabric of your life-BELIEVE"

-Disturbed

Offline Jackal

• View Profile
    • http://www.warcraft.com
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 02:52:36 PM »
like i was saying ealyer, they should make a new area for mage duels or make like angban or doriath a place for mage battles only, there will be less lag in the halls where other classes can duel
Please Keep In Mind As You Are Reading this:
*mario theme song*

C'mon lets play monopoly, suck other people's property!

-Jackal, Jaina's Guardian
I LoVe J00 Jenny!
WuTe  :D

Offline 7th Heaven

• View Profile
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 03:19:18 PM »
Good idea  :D  but Angband is alot bigger for mages
"In an age of nothing, at a time when we stand at the brink of our own destruction-strengthen your belief in yourself, in the future of humanity, in things of this world which cannot easily be percieved. Awaken that which lies dormant now within your soul. Re-ignite the flame of your consciousness, and measure the strength of your conviction. Reveal the lie. Renounce your hatred. Seek, find, and embrace the truths you are fortunate enough to discover. Cherish them, use them to anchor you in the sea of chaos that is the world we live in. When twilight draws near, when you are pushed to the very limits of your soul, when it seams that all you have left are the dead remains of the fabric of your life-BELIEVE"

-Disturbed

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 05:17:19 PM »
like i was saying ealyer, they should make a new area for mage duels or make like angban or doriath a place for mage battles only, there will be less lag in the halls where other classes can duel

True that ^O. Talon.....?

C r a n e_Leader of The Necriss and proud member of The Mauraders.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 08:54:24 PM »
areas are already made - just havent added a script to jump you there :D

Offline 7th Heaven

• View Profile
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 09:02:10 PM »
Cool, i want to see  :)  

-Disturbed

Offline Jackal

• View Profile
    • http://www.warcraft.com
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 02:42:33 AM »
wow i didn't know there were extra areas like that, so about when will you have them ready talon?
i would like to check them out :D
Please Keep In Mind As You Are Reading this:
*mario theme song*

C'mon lets play monopoly, suck other people's property!

-Jackal, Jaina's Guardian
I LoVe J00 Jenny!
WuTe  :D

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
A Suggestion?
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 12:06:59 PM »
Well, first you officialy announce Doriath/Angbangd as random spots. Will you now force mages away? (It usually helps to just go to a corner of the Halls where there is no people... And the lagg, is probobly most peoples Video Cards that cant handle too many person on one spot etc. Talon said for like a week ago when someone complained about the lag, that it was his Video Card... Cause the server runs smooth now. Anyway, my suggestion for you experiencing lag, turn all your graphics options to the lowest. It might help a bit. Me myself need a new Video Card all together. lol... kk Cya :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 12:39:05 PM by Hydros »
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  [span style=\'color:purple\']Billy Cosby[/span]