Author Topic: MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!  (Read 27768 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2006, 01:21:01 PM »
IM OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL FOREVER!
[snapback]29012[/snapback]
Me too, me too.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2006, 02:13:28 PM »
IM OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL FOREVER!
[snapback]29012[/snapback]

You may be excited about it now but let me tell you something. One day you will look fondly back on your high school days as one of the most worthless fuckarounds that you were ever forced to endure by our society. Only then will your truly come to appreciate the idiot factory (sometimes called the Combine or the State) and how it tried it's best to destroy your creativity, individuality and logic. High school will come to represent the lowest point in your social/intellectual life, a blight on your memory and your soul that serves to remind you of just how wrong adults with authority can be.

Good times...

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2006, 03:16:41 PM »
I miss high school
responsibility blows :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 03:16:57 PM by Mo »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
On a different note,

DONT SEE X-MEN 3! IT IS HORRIBLE. It will honostly ruin the other two with this lack of....everything except pointless action. You are supposed to like the movie based on the fact that shit blows up a lot.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline xCleTusx

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »
Yes. Shit blowing up > all.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2006, 09:51:01 PM »
You may be excited about it now but let me tell you something. One day you will look fondly back on your high school days as one of the most worthless fuckarounds that you were ever forced to endure by our society. Only then will your truly come to appreciate the idiot factory (sometimes called the Combine or the State) and how it tried it's best to destroy your creativity, individuality and logic. High school will come to represent the lowest point in your social/intellectual life, a blight on your memory and your soul that serves to remind you of just how wrong adults with authority can be.

Good times...

[snapback]29016[/snapback]
Not our school. Our teachers kick ass. They support creativity, indiciduality, and logic. But maybe because it's a smaller school and at least half of the teachers actually care.

Ser Red Ronnet Connington

MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2006, 07:39:25 AM »

Good times...

[snapback]29016[/snapback]

Woah.. not many americans realise that. Its good to see that some do. After being in 2 american schools for a yr i completely agree that they try there best to destroy your creativity, INDIVDUALITY and logic. Not to mention the standard of education in some of the state run schools is embarrassing.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »
Woah.. not many americans realise that. Its good to see that some do. After being in 2 american schools for a yr i completely agree that they try there best to destroy your creativity, INDIVDUALITY and logic. Not to mention the standard of education in some of the state run schools is embarrassing.
[snapback]29033[/snapback]

English schools are just as bad, I got a 2 hour detention for doing something that no-one else did that improved the work and showed good skills [Includeing a flash based on the project we were doing in IT] :angry:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2006, 08:47:11 AM »
You're generalizing. I like my school! :lol:

-Elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2006, 09:54:27 AM »
You're generalizing. I like my school! :lol:
-Elessar
[snapback]29036[/snapback]
Gin has lost his individuality, anything he says from now on is void and should be ignored.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2006, 01:26:16 PM »
English schools are just as bad, I got a 2 hour detention for doing something that no-one else did that improved the work and showed good skills [Includeing a flash based on the project we were doing in IT] :angry:
[snapback]29034[/snapback]

You got detention for doing your work well?
I happen to agree that the british scholing system sucks, but im also aware how *innocent* i was when i had to report for detention.
So - whats the full story :)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2006, 03:47:39 PM »
Gin has lost his individuality, anything he says from now on is void and should be ignored.
[snapback]29041[/snapback]

not my fault you went to a crappy highschool. i got lucky and found a good highschool to go to :)

-Elessar

PS: I SO HAVE MY INDIVIDUALITY!  :angry:

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2006, 05:41:45 PM »
You got detention for doing your work well?
I happen to agree that the british scholing system sucks, but im also aware how *innocent* i was when i had to report for detention.
So - whats the full story :)
[snapback]29043[/snapback]

Well, I made a small flash based on the project we were doing at the time [About some club for children aged 11-16]to include in the E-portfolio we were making and my teacher gave me a detention for using a program that only the 6th formers [16-17 old people] were supposed to use,he didn't like me 'wasting my time on something that won't get you marks'

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »
Ser spends some time in Ohio, of all the backwards holes in the US- no offense, Anheg - and decides he knows the entire US. Y'all Brits should be happy more Americans don't base their whole opinions of the UK on Birmingham or Barnsley.

-Throbblefoot
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:25:44 PM by Throbblefoot »
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2006, 07:26:28 PM »
Well, I made a small flash based on the project we were doing at the time [About some club for children aged 11-16]to include in the E-portfolio we were making and my teacher gave me a detention for using a program that only the 6th formers [16-17 old people] were supposed to use,he didn't like me 'wasting my time on something that won't get you marks'
[snapback]29048[/snapback]

The question is were you banned from using the program? Because if you were then the detention was justified.

Proper discipline in schools is the best thing that can happen to u in school.
Also a school that teaches u self discipline!

MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2006, 07:28:07 PM »
Ser spends some time in Ohio, of all the backwards holes in the US- no offense, Anheg - and decides he knows the entire US. Y'all Brits should be happy more Americans don't base their whole opinions of the UK on Birmingham or Barnsley.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]29052[/snapback]

Throbble i lived in Washington DC, and if the nations capital is not up to standard i doubt the rest of the states will have a better schooling system.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2006, 07:44:48 PM »
Throbble i lived in Washington DC, and if the nations capital is not up to standard i doubt the rest of the states will have a better schooling system.
[snapback]29054[/snapback]

bad assumption to make, pal, bad assumption to make.

-Elessar

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 02:06:30 PM »
DC isn't actually represented at the Federal level. Without representation, they don't get the funding that other parts of the US do.

You can't generalize about a population of 300 million from such a small sample, anyway.

-Throbblefoot

"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2006, 10:15:28 PM »
Some of the best schooling I've heard of resides in NJ, and, for the most part, that's a shithole.

It is definately different everywhere, no way does DC have a better schooling system.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 10:16:18 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2006, 12:20:58 AM »
Some of the best schooling I've heard of resides in NJ, and, for the most part, that's a shithole.

It is definately different everywhere, no way does DC have a better schooling system.
[snapback]29060[/snapback]
NJ also has the worst drivers in the US (Just think thats where JeK and Jas are from)
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
MAKE THE BUBBLES STOP!!!
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2006, 01:17:07 PM »
My comments weren't directed at US schools and had nothing to do with the quality of schools. I oppose the very idea of schools and standardized testing in general. I went to an expensive private school and I entered college with the ability to write papers well above any of the people from public school. I was also constantly in trouble and almost expelled on multiple occasions.

What I meant to say was that the concept of school in general offends me. Before college, school is a day-prison where children/teenagers are kept off the streets because their parents are all forced to spend their day in a different day-prison.

At least college gives the impression of freedom by allowing you to choose which classes to take at what times (within certain limits).

I understand that many people like school but for me growing up it was just another way society thought up to torture those of us who would rather have spent our youth outside playing, instead of being forced to endure the smooth, cold walls of the conformity factory.