Author Topic: Gameplay  (Read 5505 times)

Ser Red Ronnet Connington

Gameplay
« on: April 22, 2006, 06:46:14 AM »
Thx for all the help with the spells issue. It works fine now. Unfortunetly a new issue has arised, in fact 3 of them. Firstly in GodSpire unlike in antes one cannot cast spells with improved expertise activated, Secondly in GodSpire unlike in antes Bards can curse each other at anytime.. it does not depend on who curses first. Thirdly in both antes and GodSpire with 6 darkvisions on the helmet one gets the affect/spell of See Invisibility on them permanently.

Id love it if anyone can give me help with these problems, like where to start or if anyone has a script that fixes these issues id love to have it if ur willing to part with it, or if someone can help me with making my own. What i want is a server with gameplay that is similar to Godspire, so i dont want ie to be used when casting or bards being limited on cursing and See invisi would help alot to thx :).

Ser Red

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 09:34:05 AM »
You could just modify true seeing into see invisibility and darkvision at the same time. Atleast in theory it might work, not sure its early and i have to go to fucking work.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gameplay
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »
No idea about the bard song/improved expertise issues, never noticed those problem myself. Antes probably uses the True Seeing scripts that I made a couple years back.

Basically It uses the OnEquip and OnUnequip event triggers to check for items with True Seeing. OnEquip it removes the True Seeing item property (add 5 or 6 darkvision props to balance the items value) and applies a see invisibility/ultravision effect. OnUnequip it removes the effects and re-adds the True Seeing property to the item.

Modifying the spell True Seeing is even easier since you just have it apply the See Invis/Ultravision effects instead of True Seeing.

Ser Red Ronnet Connington

Gameplay
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:30:35 PM »
No idea about the bard song/improved expertise issues, never noticed those problem myself. Antes probably uses the True Seeing scripts that I made a couple years back.

Basically It uses the OnEquip and OnUnequip event triggers to check for items with True Seeing. OnEquip it removes the True Seeing item property (add 5 or 6 darkvision props to balance the items value) and applies a see invisibility/ultravision effect. OnUnequip it removes the effects and re-adds the True Seeing property to the item.

Modifying the spell True Seeing is even easier since you just have it apply the See Invis/Ultravision effects instead of True Seeing.

[snapback]28432[/snapback]

Yep they do m8,

I saw the code u posted on bioware by doing a google search but the problem with that is people who have made their builds with darkvision now instead of true seeing will not beable to get see invisibilty as it will only give builds with true seeing see invisibilty. Do you by any chance still have the code u sent to the antes 420 ? if so id be grateful if u could give it to me m8.

thx alot for the help.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 01:31:35 PM by Ser Red Ronnet Connington »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gameplay
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 04:32:25 PM »
I saw the code u posted on bioware by doing a google search but the problem with that is people who have made their builds with darkvision now instead of true seeing will not beable to get see invisibilty as it will only give builds with true seeing see invisibilty.
[snapback]28433[/snapback]

I posted my True Seeing scripts to Bioware!?!? I can try to find the old exported files but it would probably be quicker to get it from Bioware if I posted them there.

And yes, people who put multiple darkvision props on their items instead of True Seeing are being silly. Let the server handle that stuff.