Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 7934 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:48:50 AM »
The nwn2 website has gone up last night!! link: Neverwinter Nights 2

more and better news: it's planned for THIS SUMMER  :D  :lol:
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 12:30:56 PM »
The nwn2 website has gone up last night!! link: Neverwinter Nights 2

more and better news: it's planned for THIS SUMMER  :D  :lol:
[snapback]27793[/snapback]

Neat! I thought for sure it would be out by Christmas since we hadn't heard any news.

Offline fireknight40

• MSN Messenger - fireknight40@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fireknight40
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - briortheforesaken
    • View Profile
    • http://members.dslextreme.com/users/fierynight3/Iceys%20Hints%20and%20Tips.htm
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »
YEAH! w00t! :D

Lord of Doriath[/span]
[span style=\'color:blue\']Sentinel of GodSpire[/color]

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:25:42 PM »
A few highlights:

Whatâ??s new in the toolset?
# Heightmapped Exteriors â?? Exterior areas in the Toolset are now heightmapped, allowing you to create freeform hills, valleys and other terrain features without having to switch tilesets.

# More Flexible Interiors â?? You are no longer forced into using pre-placed objects in interiors. Tiles will come unfurnished, allowing you to customize them as you like. In addition, you will not be locked into using one tileset per interior area â?? you can mix and match tiles from different tilesets as you like.

# Static Cameras â?? You can now place cameras in the toolset and attach those cameras to lines of dialogue â?? making the once difficult task of creating cutscenes much easier.

# Tintmapping and Scaling â?? You can now alter the color and size of placeables, creatures, and more, directly in the toolset.

Will I be able to make my own Overland Map?
Yes! You will be able to create and script your own overland map, with all the functionality of the Original Campaignâ??s.

The one big dissapointment about NWN for me was that you couldn't change a creature's color without a Hak. Ooo, what fun we're going to have!

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 02:21:37 PM »
BTW fellas it is said that nwn 2 runs on a new engine and if you have old 3d-cards you might wanna change them they recomend there a geforce 6 or 7 series I changed mine a few months back to a XFX GeForce 6200 256mb ram :D
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:30:09 PM »
BTW fellas it is said that nwn 2 runs on a new engine and if you have old 3d-cards you might wanna change them they recomend there a geforce 6 or 7 series I changed mine a few months back to a XFX GeForce 6200 256mb ram :D
[snapback]27803[/snapback]

Off topic Side note: Do not spend a lot of money on a new graphics card until Vista comes out.  That is, if you are interested in watching high-definition content from DVD-HD, Blu-ray or other hd sources.  The reason for this is that todays video cards go not come with the necessary digital rights management mumbo-jumbo security that will be needed.  For more information about this mumbo-jumbo click here

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »
thx mo, il keep that in mind.

AND OMG I CANT WAIT HOLY SHIT!
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 07:44:08 PM »
[snapback]27803[/snapback]

I checked out the specs on Throbble's GeForce FX 5600 and it supports DirectX 9.0c. Looks like people who bought GeForce FX cards made after DirectX 9.0c was released have "vertex shader 2.0+ and pixel shader 2.0+" (check the back of your video card box)

My GeForce FX 5200 also says it fully supports DirectX 9 but I need to find the specs since the box is somewhat vauge. Regardless, I suspect I'll need a full system upgrade for NWN2.

Mo: Vista?!?! Man, I'm still running Windows 98 Second Edition!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:11:18 PM »
Well, my next OS will be Linux... the HeLL with Vista and all that 'Trusted Computing' bullshit.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »

Mo: Vista?!?! Man, I'm still running Windows 98 Second Edition!

[snapback]27806[/snapback]

That's just crazy

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »
That's just crazy
[snapback]27809[/snapback]

If it's good enough for 3rd world countries it's good enough for me! Gates has to support my ass until 2008!

Now for the good stuff, check this thread I started on the NWN2 forums:

Creature Scaling and Coloring Thread

Basic rundown: No limit to the size you can scale creatures and placeables. No limit to the colors on creatures.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 11:47:49 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
Some new info about generating trees for NWN2 has popped up in the thread posted above. Turns out NWN2 will be using a program called "Speedtree" to generate unique trees based on an initial set of values.

Read more about Speedtree here: (Link)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 07:21:11 PM »
Some new info about generating trees for NWN2 has popped up in the thread posted above. Turns out NWN2 will be using a program called "Speedtree" to generate unique trees based on an initial set of values.

Read more about Speedtree here: (Link)
[snapback]27868[/snapback]
Thats crazy! I love it! :D
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »
Some info about parties from an interview with NWN2 people:

Now fans of Neverwinter Nights will remember the party system, which, if weâ??re honest, left a little to be desired. Your fellow adventurers were pretty much autonomous beings outside of your control. In a fight it was almost like you were having a scrap with some other people who just happened to be in the same scrap with you, even though you were all fighting a common enemy. Thatâ??s all changed now as you have complete and total control over anyone who joins your party. You can do everything to any party members that you can do with your own character, from choosing which weapons they have ready to deciding what they do in battle.

And while weâ??re on the subject of party combat, when the game is paused you can still issue commands to your party which theyâ??ll carry out when the game is unpaused. Though itâ??s still in development, its hoped that youâ??ll be able to stack up three commands per character which should introduce a nice tactical aspect to the combat.

Full interview here: (Link)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »
That looks a little scary...I'm not sure how well that will fly with me...

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »
New screenshots posted to the official NWN2 site. Shows the graphics for a selected target and some cool armored people.

Check them out here: (Link)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 06:32:47 PM »
Color me very impressed.  Maybe i'll actually design my single player campaign I've been meaning to do for years.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 08:02:51 PM »
Color me very impressed.  Maybe i'll actually design my single player campaign I've been meaning to do for years.
[snapback]28668[/snapback]
Ha! I've wanted to make one too. Heck, maybe in NWN 2, a bunch of us could work together on making one. I never tried too hard to make one alone because I know damn well I can't script worth a shit. But I'm very good at writing, making stories, plotlines and designing areas. =)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »
J.E. Sawyer
Lead Designer
Posted: Thursday, 04 May 2006 10:13AM
Yes, there's really a lot of crafting in NWN2. In addition to the older (and mostly unchanged) systems for creating potions, scrolls, and wands, you'll be able to create mundane and magical weapons and armor, wondrous magic items, and alchemical goodies. Trap-making has been rolled into the new crafting systems as well.

Smith Hold may not make it into NWN but Daedalus the Crafter sure is!