Author Topic: Why Antes are considered noobs on GodSpire  (Read 30401 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Why Antes are considered noobs on GodSpire
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:19:41 PM »
Originally posted here: (Link)

there are a few good players on Antes, secondly their english doesn't suck it's quite good.
[snapback]27705[/snapback]

All a matter of opinion. If the Antes want to lose their newbie status with the GodSpire regulars then they need to stop exiting the server whenever they are about to lose a duel. It is very rude.

It is also very rude when they don't bother saying "gf" after a duel (when they choose not to just log off the server that is).

The only people that I know that lack internet etiquette are newbies and ass-holes. If they'd prefer to be known by the other term I'll be happy to oblige.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
First of all I think you left cuz they took away your DM power i dunno for what anymore but you thought they were wrong instead of admitting your own error... and ehm...there are a few good players on Antes, secondly their english doesn't suck it's quite good.
[snapback]27705[/snapback]
Actually, the only thing I ever truly did "wrong," in their opinion, was that I spent too much time on Godspire (hmm... I left to be at Godspire right??? WOW!! That actually makes sense!!! omg!), and the other, was that I never changed my DM appearance to a lizard, and Gwydion felt that I was lying about it, because I couldn't get it to work. Later I figured out how, I had never used advanced options back then, I just used the regular options. Every time I tried to use advanced, none of it would work. I found out that I had to use ctrl+s, and back then I didn't know that. That was all. As the first part suggests, if I played alot at GodSpire, it makes sense why I would leave to be at GodSpire, now doesn't it? Plus I was irritated by the amount of noobs being recruited, most of them lacking in communication skills as well.

Sure they can say the words correctly, and in proper order too! Until they misread everything, that's where the miscommunication comes in, and don't say it isn't there, I see it all the time.

@420 the only person I've seen do those things is their very own leader, Gwydion. Apart from him I haven't seen any do it.

About DE, so, did Shade kill it yet, or are you awaiting a post??? Will she ever post? =O By the time she posts nwn 2 will be out and it won't be necessary? lol?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »
As I said in the other thread, along with my cool on-topic part at the end... they don't seem to have any trouble typing it, or spelling it, but when it comes to reading it, there is alot of misreading and communication, things get twisted and then everything goes to shit.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 06:13:51 PM »
Poor Hell, getting all misunderstood. -pats on back- :) Antes are nubbies. What irritates me is that they left Godspire for their own server and yet they still will go on Godspire...

-Elessar

PS: Hell- theReply to your question in the other thread, since it belongs there more than here.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 06:14:03 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »
@420 the only person I've seen do those things is their very own leader, Gwydion. Apart from him I haven't seen any do it.
[snapback]27712[/snapback]

Actually one of their "hacthlings" or whatever has been doing it recently too. However, I find it very funny that their leader does it. Just goes to show that a clan reflects its leader.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 06:18:52 PM »
I almost feel sry for them, but whenever they tell me "bad duel" I just kill them again and normaly get put in a cut screan.

I have never seen a reason not to call them n00blets. They fit every discription of newb and n00b I know.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 02:30:26 AM »
All of this i have encountered and agree. Numerous occasions i duel an Ante and they abort the duel when losing and dont say gf. Even a couple of times i encounter an Antedilvian using a DM kill toy in duel and then having the ignorance to then say "Gf" However some good competion is starting to rise on ante serv, not from the antes but from the legit ED, and they are generally nicer mannered.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 02:32:36 AM by Cannixxxx »

Offline ~Cheric~

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »
:angry:  Can i ask why we are 'newbies' ?!? i mean some are (maybe a lot) but that's because Gwydion, Rebecca and Ramsus(Kel-Morian) join everyone who ask to join. But we are a server which helps 'hatchlings' to grow and to evolve, so i matter of speaking: we train them, we help them how to use Nwn and toolset and stuff like that. But the problem is we don't have enough time to help everyone and evolving takes time and those people don't wanna evolve later, so sometimes we'll have to evolve people who are not done yet. So stop calling antes noobs. I mean am i a noob?  :huh:
_________________________________________________________________[/span]
[span style=\'color:blue\'] Cheric - Lord of the lost world Hellrise, And soon reborn as Ã?Â¥DeathWishÃ?Â¥ - Lord of Hellrise in Guild Wars.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 11:34:11 AM »
When I can kill 10 different Antes with a paladin, im saddened. When i get dazed because, in duels, im beating the shit out of them all you get my undieing hatred.

I have also seen Antes calling people "faggots".  Homophobic assholes like that should hope they are a hider because if you arent, I will kill you fast enough you wont be able to daze me.

The only build I have seen Antes run well is a hider. Of course, hiders are pathetic and do not get a single shread of respect from me.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 02:25:34 PM »
:angry:  Can i ask why we are 'newbies' ?!?
[snapback]27729[/snapback]

Did you even bother reading the thread before you posted?

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »
Ramsus (Kel-Morian)

Don't you think you are mixing up with another Ramsus? Because the Ramsus i know (acc: FantasyForge) is a very good player and a good friend. He also plays on Ante server and Godspire. Would really like to know.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »
thats a different guy

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 05:33:13 PM »
Don't you think you are mixing up with another Ramsus? Because the Ramsus i know (acc: FantasyForge) is a very good player and a good friend. He also plays on Ante server and Godspire. Would really like to know.
[snapback]27738[/snapback]
I know both FantasyForge and Kel-Morian. I also know myself. Hi!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »
FantasyForge is good, I remember killing the other one.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline ~Cheric~

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 08:03:35 AM »
pff....you guys are patchetic....1. if you swear in antes you get de-evolved or maybe even banned. 2. you guys look at antes from 1 year ago, now there are every kinda builds there are, but we can't play on all of them at the same time you know  :mellow:  only noobs think about others like tou do, if we are such big noobs then why do you guys care about us? why do you make a topic about us? if we are noobs then let us be noobish somewhere in a corner and be THE MAN yourself if you guys think you are good (that's what you think......you guys are pretty arrogant man)
[span style=\'color:blue\'] Cheric - Lord of the lost world Hellrise, And soon reborn as Ã?Â¥DeathWishÃ?Â¥ - Lord of Hellrise in Guild Wars.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 09:07:41 AM »
pff....you guys are patchetic....1. if you swear in antes you get de-evolved or maybe even banned. 2. you guys look at antes from 1 year ago, now there are every kinda builds there are, but we can't play on all of them at the same time you know  :mellow:  only noobs think about others like tou do, if we are such big noobs then why do you guys care about us? why do you make a topic about us? if we are noobs then let us be noobish somewhere in a corner and be THE MAN yourself if you guys think you are good (that's what you think......you guys are pretty arrogant man)
[snapback]27756[/snapback]
Stop talking in one big cluttered paragraph.

Capitals are your friend.

I also noticed that you arent denying that Antes use their DM items in duels that they are loosing.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »
pff....you guys are patchetic....
No one will be "patchetic" until the 1.67 patch

1. if you swear in antes you get de-evolved or maybe even banned.
Irrelevant to this topic. What does being punished for swearing have to do with anything?

2. you guys look at antes from 1 year ago, now there are every kinda builds there are,
I'm not sure where you got the "1 year ago" thing, I'm talking about the behavior of Antes on GodSpire since it came back 2 weeks ago.

if we are such big noobs then why do you guys care about us? why do you make a topic about us?
Uh, if you hadn't noticed this topic is in the Antedeluvian subforum. Not only do they get their own topic, they get their own forum on LM. Isn't that special?

(that's what you think......you guys are pretty arrogant man)
[snapback]27756[/snapback]
This comming from someone who refuses to read through a topic before posting his off-topic nonsense.

Now if you don't want to read through this thread but you still want to post I suggest you read this summary:

Why Antes are considered newbies, newbs or noobs (take your pick)

1. They log off of GodSpire when they are about to lose a duel.

2. If they stick around until the end of a duel they never say "gf" or "good fight"

3. They post off-topic rants because they can't be bothered to read the thread before posting.

This is only the Antes behavior on GodSpire mind you. I don't visit the Ante's server and from what people have been posting it's a good thing I don't. Using a DM tool to win a duel, that's just sad.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:12:27 PM by 420 »

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 08:49:53 AM »
Gywdion now kicks if you beat him in a duel and reguarly takes the restarts the server if he gets annoyed

He also stones you if you bash attack any objects such as sign posts

hes a complete retard

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
ye happened to me too, i was dueling gwyd with my mage he was near death and i was still intact then he counterspells and logout :/  then i asked why he logged and booted me, and a sent there forgot who was i killed him 5 consecutive times in a fair duel, he got pissed and stoned me .... and they say theyre not noobs, of course a very few play fairly but most .....

Offline ~Cheric~

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 08:25:56 AM »
gwyd kills, boots, turns off server vault always if he loses a duel...and there only a few who are that rude as you guys say. Well anyways...i quit Nwn so i don't care about Antediluvians anymore...last time i said goodbye to antediluvians, did one last duel with gwydion, won and what ya think? he killed me without a reason. Only noobs act like that so yeah...you can call antediluvians homeworld noobish...but that's because the hoster is one big noob and the noobs who join the clan follow his behaviour. And 420..i did read the topic and i just doesn't make any sense.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 08:26:41 AM »
ye happened to me too, i was dueling gwyd with my mage he was near death and i was still intact then he counterspells and logout :/  then i asked why he logged and booted me, and a sent there forgot who was i killed him 5 consecutive times in a fair duel, he got pissed and stoned me .... and they say theyre not noobs, of course a very few play fairly but most .....
[snapback]27848[/snapback]
That is pathetic
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »
Well, i talked to Gwyd about the "Boot/kill when you loose" case and replied with the following:

"I don't care, if they don't like it they should go somewhere else"

Ofcourse we like it to get booted when we loose Gwyd! Why shouldn't we?

Pft.

Edit:

After that he called me pathetic and blocked me, lol.

That's typically Gwyd, blocking or leaving when he's about to lose the discussion..

I just hate him.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:40:53 AM by Hubba Bubba »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »
Well, I'm glad to hear Cheric finally saw the truth of the matter. Though I think giving up NWN all together because of a bad apple like Gwyd is too bad.

Gwyd came onto GodSpire yesterday and I told him that I was sorry if I upset Cheric and that I made the whole "noob" thread just to poke fun at the Antes.

At first he pretended like he didn't know who Cheric was or what noob thread I was talking about. After I acted like he was oblivious to anything going on in his clan he suddenly seemed to remember who Cheric was and what noob thread I was talking about.

Despite my repeated attempts to teach Gwyd how to check people accounts by clicking on their portrait in the dialog box his responses were something like this:

"I don't care if my clan members have a problem."

"Who are you?"

"People don't have to come to my server if they don't want."

"Who are you?"

"GodSpire should thank me because you probably get more players because they leave my server."

"Who are you?"

I'm beginning to suspect that Gwyd is actually retarded.

Offline Hubba

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 01:56:34 PM »
"Suspect" ? lol.. He just is.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »
Actually Cheric didn't leave nwn because of that. He left because he couldn't play the game for some reason, I believe, like Dhaal, it is because his comp would overheat from playing nwn.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 06:12:18 PM »
Cheric and Dhaal left because their comp crashed when they play NWN and their parents didnt want them palying it anymroe becasue of it.
Gwyd banned me for a day once when I beat him in a fair duel   :wacko:
Most tend not to duel him anymore.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
Cheric and Dhaal left because their comp crashed when they play NWN and their parents didnt want them palying it anymroe becasue of it.
Gwyd banned me for a day once when I beat him in a fair duel   :wacko:
Most tend not to duel him anymore.
[snapback]27875[/snapback]
I'll duel him any day. At GodSpire that is. What can he do but leave? hahaha

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »
"GodSpire should thank me because you probably get more players because they leave my server."
[snapback]27866[/snapback]
Why not, I think Gwyd should be left alone on his server and everyone go to GodSpire. I will gladly help anyone make a decent build. The only thing I ask is to get out of the habit of using those ugly lizard skins.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »
Why not, I think Gwyd should be left alone on his server and everyone go to GodSpire. I will gladly help anyone make a decent build. The only thing I ask is to get out of the habit of using those ugly lizard skins.
[snapback]27877[/snapback]

Hear, hear!  :drinks:

-Elessar

Chard!

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »
I'm at GodSpire making a new character. Suddenly i lag like hell... When i look around i see gwy casting laggy spells on me. I tell grug i need help in tell. When grug comes up he tries to dispel gwys spells. After a few sec Gwy gives up and leaves.

@Gwy: Er.. Why did u try to crash me? Is it because i left the clan?  :blink:

Anyway, this pisses me off   <_<
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:52:02 AM by Chard! »