Author Topic: After the Vomeron Fiasco will GodSpire be back to normal  (Read 8878 times)

Ser Red Ronnet Connington

After the Vomeron Fiasco will GodSpire be back to normal
« on: March 23, 2006, 06:31:01 AM »
Just want to know if the Godspire mod will be returned to normal... or if the old mod will be used from now?

I just hope all the friendships that have been broken/disrupted, the loss of trust between all parties, the fact that people have been banned for thier love of GodSpire, will all be mended over this relatively foolish and upsetting little fiasco.

I can understand Mo's desire for fun... and i dont blame him at all...  good for him...... even the most serious people want to mess around a bit.

I hope some people have not been to deeply offended over it.. just a game :)

<_<  <_<  <_<  ;)  ;)  :huh:  :huh:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 06:58:24 AM »
I hope some people have not been to deeply offended over it.. just a game :)
[snapback]27559[/snapback]

Ser, you've only been here a few days, so it doesn't matter as much to you, but to the rest of us, Godspire is our home online, and we're serious when someone starts toying with us.

As for the old Halls, yes, it's back for good.

-Elessar

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 07:41:25 AM »
Ser, you've only been here a few days, so it doesn't matter as much to you, but to the rest of us, Godspire is our home online, and we're serious when someone starts toying with us.
As for the old Halls, yes, it's back for good.
-Elessar
[snapback]27561[/snapback]

I completely understand and i feel the same way as u do... i was upset but ive put it behind me now since i have realised it was a hoax....

btw ive been on GodSpire alot longer then a few days :)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 08:19:15 AM »
I completely understand and i feel the same way as u do... i was upset but ive put it behind me now since i have realised it was a hoax....

btw ive been on GodSpire alot longer then a few days :)
[snapback]27563[/snapback]
Though not a long as most of us.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »
Though not a long as most of us.
[snapback]27566[/snapback]

Obviously ive not been on as long as most.... ive played there on and off with different names for a few years. But i still have feelings for the mod and the server.... and im also really peeved at what happened but i think it is now harmless as Mo is Vomeron.. and as he said he did it for a laugh... im sure he would have stopped it even if we had not become as suspicous as we were of him.

I just feel sorry for Viper and Cannixxx and the fact that many people have fallen out over it... it is most definetly time to mend relationships

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »
Obviously ive not been on as long as most.... ive played there on and off with different names for a few years. But i still have feelings for the mod and the server.... and im also really peeved at what happened but i think it is now harmless as Mo is Vomeron.. and as he said he did it for a laugh... im sure he would have stopped it even if we had not become as suspicous as we were of him.

I just feel sorry for Viper and Cannixxx and the fact that many people have fallen out over it... it is most definetly time to mend relationships
[snapback]27567[/snapback]
I dont blame Canixxx at all and I suspected Viper was playing the entire time.

I send this PM to Mo right after Mo made that "Viper is now GodSpire Enemy #1" post
Viper is still on the Marauders clan list, be convincing at least =p
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 12:50:50 PM »
Do we really need more than one topic about Vomeron? Let's not turn this into a "I've been here longer than you thread" either.

"Classic" GodSpire is back for good, the only players that got banned were the ones that were crashinging the server or clients. The lesson is, don't fight hackers with hacks.

I believe Viper was in on it the whole time but some of us *cough*me*cough* didn't catch on until a few hours before the big showdown between Viper and Vomeron.

For some reason everyone went and hid during the showdown, but I saw the whole thing in DM mode. Shakespeare would have been proud if he wasn't a fictional character invented by a team of writers.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 04:05:43 PM »
Viper is still on the Marauders clan list, be convincing at least =p

No he isnt on the clan list anymore.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 04:22:36 PM »
so like he isn't anymore on marauders clan list even if all was just a hoax??
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »
so like he isn't anymore on marauders clan list even if all was just a hoax??
[snapback]27582[/snapback]

"just" a hoax?! Do you even what we have been through? This has gone far beyond a "hoax"!  :angry:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 05:39:04 PM »
I would still be pissed, but I am one of those people who believe strongly in "what's done is done" and seeing as what was done was nothing negative to the present, I am not angry that I was angry, only happy that I no longer have a reason to be. Okay, so that probably made no sense... hahaha.

Calm down Hubbs.

Everyone else, PLEASE leave the situation between Viper and Mercy about the Marauders, stay between Viper and Mercy, and whatever Mardies have input. But not in this thread however.

And was Nemesis a part of it? Cause he up and disappeared, and was the first to see Vomeron. I am not going to miss that scawny little elf with that thing over his head, although I am curious as to what Mo would have done if me and Taarna said we would try and get Vomeron to be a DM, like Vomeron wanted. Of course, not knowing it was a hoax, we never would have said that, hence why we didn't. Still curious though.

I hope Tolar has been told, and isn't still angry, we seemed pretty ticked towards the end, and I do not blame him. Seeing as he dislikes forums, I doubt him seeing any of this.

Thank you very much Mo, for returning the halls back to their original state, along with all the other Godspire coolness that is in those halls. (The orange lighting of the place still distorts me, hence why I love my cloak. It has no light on it, but it radiates white light on my screen anyway? Sept when I die, then I must re-equip.)

Offline kanrei

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 05:49:15 PM »
I was furious last night.  I have thought it over today.  I am still hurt.  I am not sure why Mo would have kept it up once he saw how out of hand it was getting.  Viper also got way into his role.
Today I still feel used and betrayed.  Last night I was pondering whether or not to return.  I wondered if I could still trust Mo.  I realized today that I will in time and that it really does not matter overall.  I do not play this game for a place.  Mo sent me the email that brought me back.  I owe him that much.  This fiasco also showed me how much I still cared for Godspire.  You can take the girl from the server, but not the server from the girl.
I will continue to play at Godspire.  I will be friends with Mo.  I will not hold a grudge.  I also will not forget.  My friendship will not die, but my trust will have to be restored by both Mo and Viper.
I am just happy things are normal and there never was a real hacker threat to my PC.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 06:34:55 PM »
Ok I'm gonna be frank here.

For those of you who want to turn this into a "trust" issue, save yours words, cause trust has nothing to do with this.  I didn't betray anyone's trust, because I simply didn't do anything wrong, cause any damage, or hurt anyones feelings.

If you some how got hurt through this, I am sorry, but move on, it was all a game and this IS a game to begin with.

As for Viper, I said he had nothing to do with this, so put him back in Marauders.  Nevermind I'll do it myself.  If you want to protest by leaving the clan, go ahead.  Viper is innocent and that's the last word on that. Oh and he should be reinvited to the Hounds also IMO.

My take on this is that some of your are overreacting because you were all tricked and no one likes to be "had" as it were.  The difference here is that it was all for fun and games and not at any time was any malice wished on anyone.  Geez if 420 can get over this in 5 mins then i'd expect everyone else to follow suit cause he was tricked and fooled more than everyone put together times 3.

If anyone wishes to dispute anything I've said here, please go ahead, but better make it smart, cause I will attempt to rip it to shreds ;)

PS. Sorry if I come off harsh...I'm having a shit day.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:36:29 PM by Mo »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 06:54:30 PM »
Ok I'm gonna be frank here.

For those of you who want to turn this into a "trust" issue, save yours words, cause trust has nothing to do with this.  I didn't betray anyone's trust, because I simply didn't do anything wrong, cause any damage, or hurt anyones feelings.
[snapback]27597[/snapback]

What a load of shit!  Mo, you gave us a load of grief for a while, and trust me, you caused damage and hurt people's feelings. And you definitely betrayed my trust. You'll be lucky if you ever have it again.

If you some how got hurt through this, I am sorry, but move on, it was all a game and this IS a game to begin with.

Ya, its a game, where people go to have fun, not to get griefed by a DM who thinks he needs to stir up a little unwanted mischief.

As for Viper, I said he had nothing to do with this, so put him back in Marauders.  Nevermind I'll do it myself.  If you want to protest by leaving the clan, go ahead.  Viper is innocent and that's the last word on that. Oh and he should be reinvited to the Hounds also IMO.

Nothing to do with this?! Viper gladly accepted your proposition to help grief the community and he royally fucked big time. And frankly, I don't think Viper will be let back into the Hounds for a LONG time.

My take on this is that some of your are overreacting because you were all tricked and no one likes to be "had" as it were.  The difference here is that it was all for fun and games and not at any time was any malice wished on anyone.  Geez if 420 can get over this in 5 mins then i'd expect everyone else to follow suit cause he was tricked and fooled more than everyone put together times 3.

Mo, we trusted you, and here you go and trick us into thinking we have a HACKER in Godspire. That's not a joking matter. And 420 gets over it so fast because he is just like that; others of us, however, aren't so forgiving.

PS. Sorry if I come off harsh...I'm having a shit day.

Good.

And Mo, just so you know, there are other DM's here who probably would have prefered to have been in the loop on this and who the community holds in higher regard than you. These other DM's probably would be the ones hosting GodSpire right now, too, if they were able to.

-Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »
And Mo, just so you know, there are other DM's here who probably would have prefered to have been in the loop on this and who the community holds in higher regard than you. These other DM's probably would be the ones hosting GodSpire right now, too, if they were able to.
-Elessar
[snapback]27605[/snapback]

Hmm ok if that's how you feel maybe you shouldn't play on my server.

When Talon stopped hosting GodSpire, who stepped up right away to make sure GodSpire never had a down period?  Who built a server from scratch and upgraded his Internet connection to host it for everyone?  Why when my server went down in October did no one decide to pick up GodSpire and host it?

My advice to you is to quit this while you still can, or I'll just take the mod down and use my server for something else. I think I'm entitled to the benefit of your silly doubts here.  Before I actually take the server down though, I'll probably just start banning ungratefuls such as yourself, until there's no more reason to keep this mod up for you alll to enjoy.

***EDIT: I've never asked for any gratitude from anyone.  I've spent time and money on this mod and server.  Now you're starting to piss me off and insult me and trust me you don't want to approach that road.  You'll end up causing more problems than Vomeron could ever have done.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:09:45 PM by Mo »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
What a load of shit!  Mo, you gave us a load of grief for a while, and trust me, you caused damage and hurt people's feelings. And you definitely betrayed my trust. You'll be lucky if you ever have it again.
That depends on how much fun you had with it. I admit Viper did a good job at being irritating but if I was asked to play a joke on your people and stir up a little interest in NWN again I probibly would. + Viper wasnt ever smart enough to look for me in the Inn.
Ya, its a game, where people go to have fun, not to get griefed by a DM who thinks he needs to stir up a little unwanted mischief.
Mo never greifed. A little mischif is better than a little...nothing
Nothing to do with this?! Viper gladly accepted your proposition to help grief the community and he royally fucked big time. And frankly, I don't think Viper will be let back into the Hounds for a LONG time.
That was the only thing that really got me, i figured the DMs were in on it and everyone was playing their part, but when Throbble carried it over into GW and booted him, that really made me thing twice. As for not forgiving Viper, read my first answer.
Mo, we trusted you, and here you go and trick us into thinking we have a HACKER in Godspire. That's not a joking matter. And 420 gets over it so fast because he is just like that; others of us, however, aren't so forgiving.
Good.
That is because 420 realizes that it was with good intentions. Granted a hacker would be a very bad thing, but when 420 posted that it was in the GodSpire custom item list, I suspected a DM right off, thats when I got over Elros comming back and focused on who has the most ability to pull it off.

Other DMs need to have some interesting to do. (420 fucking pwns)

Ginny, unless you had a miscarrage because of stress, you should take this as a learning experiance, if nothing else. Mo gave us something to focus on. Granted, booting random people and Viper interupting duels with that horrible 2000 Horrid Wilting were probibly where I wouldnt have gone, but  B)
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 07:13:12 PM »
Please use the other thread from now on.