Author Topic: Locked Statues  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Locked Statues
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:48:27 PM »
One thing I never really thought about is why are the Havens of Doriath and Land of Angband statues locked and are they holding anything?

I dont know if anyone cares, but the description of the Doriath statue says it, "contains the soul of the leaders of Doriath" For one thing, thats bad english. Second, I dont want my soul in the damn statue I cant unlock.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Locked Statues
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »
Hahaha, the statue has your soul! I've wondered that very same thing.. you know, truly I have.
Or why in the blazes Marauders doesn't move their base into Angband for it's lack of usagenessnessness. And those benches.. don't get me started on those.
After all is said and done, I miss the old halls. =) Lotsa memories there, plus there's just too much space in these ones, too many npc's, and extra uneeded useless areas.

Err, now I'm ranting. Back to the statues... yeah they suck.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Locked Statues
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:09:21 PM »
No offence to Xen, who im sure put a lot of effort into that version, but I do miss the old halls.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Locked Statues
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 11:55:01 AM »
After all is said and done, I miss the old halls. =) Lotsa memories there, plus there's just too much space in these ones, too many npc's, and extra uneeded useless areas.
[snapback]27172[/snapback]

We all miss the old halls, I try my best to destroy all the NPCs (except Belog of course) in the halls whenever I log in.

No offence to Xen, who im sure put a lot of effort into that version, but I do miss the old halls.
[snapback]27173[/snapback]

Pfft, I said it before, Xen didn't put any effort in to the changes he made. I spent more time making the Servant of Juiblex and that's just a copy of one of my monk duelers. After Xen made the changes I listed all the bugs that he had created and his response was "I can't be arsed to fix it."

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Locked Statues
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 02:13:51 PM »
I say we revert.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Locked Statues
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »
Agreed, especially since new people tend to get lost because it's a little too complicated...

Sincerely missing the old halls and unable to understand why they were changed in the first place,
Elessar

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Locked Statues
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »
ya the "new" hall is made perfectly....if we had 1,000+ players.... <_<
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Locked Statues
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 05:45:05 PM »
If anyone does make any changes, see if you can set all other npc's to the same faction as Belog.. I had issues the other day.. lol.

Although less important, I think that the way to the city should be further in the halls, rather than at the docks, for the same reason that people don't get lost. But it doesn't matter all much, we don't get many visitors anyway, I try standing around in an empty server at times, hoping it may draw some people in, but you normally need at least to people in there to get that to work. =(