Author Topic: Any Ideas?  (Read 7078 times)

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« on: June 25, 2004, 09:30:16 PM »
Heya Everyone!

I was wondering if you guys had any cool ideas about making a server. I know there is many PvP servers so I was thinking maybe I should make something different. So if any of you have any ideas just post 'em in here:P I really want to make something fun since I can host pretty good and I feel like hosting something:P hehe Thanks guys!

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Hottari Hanzo: "Yellow-haired warrior, if you shall encounter God through your path.. God shall be cut!!"[/span]

Beatrix Kido
Member of the ([span style=\'color:red\']D[/span])eadly ([span style=\'color:red\']V[/span])iper ([span style=\'color:red\']A[/span])ssassination ([span style=\'color:red\']S
)quad
Codename: Black Mamba

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:01:36 PM »
If you really want a challenge you can try a persistant RPG server with guilds and property ownership and server vault and all that stuff.

I (occasionally) run a social server, people can just hang out, drink odd beverages and basically chat.

You can also try a "capture the flag" or "kill the fool with the chicken" type server.

So many possibilities!!!

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:52:13 PM »
I was thinking about like a hack n' slash but geez so many scripts hard to get, like im not a scripter, i just know ppl who know other ppl ya know. I f you take a look at Aventia there's alot of hard scripts, like the one that makes you lvl over 40, anyone knows that one?

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Hottari Hanzo: "Yellow-haired warrior, if you shall encounter God through your path.. God shall be cut!!"[/span]

Beatrix Kido
Member of the ([span style=\'color:red\']D[/span])eadly ([span style=\'color:red\']V[/span])iper ([span style=\'color:red\']A[/span])ssassination ([span style=\'color:red\']S
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 01:39:09 AM »
You can make a low magic hack and slash where level 40 is impossible to get unless you spend hundreds of hours playing.

If you need any scripting help just post here and I will do what I can. I'm Visual C ++ and SimScript trained and I taught myself nwscript.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Any Ideas?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 08:42:29 AM »
yeah asking 420 is a good idea, but just to let you know he kinda already has a large workload thanks me asking for scripts;p so it mite take a while.... if you are in a clan maybe you could make a place for them, I made a place for divine exaltation in Rune :lol:  

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 07:33:49 PM »
It's an good idea. yes i am in a clan but only me and my bro are in it hehe.
I'd love to make a hack n slash but i am still searching for this over lvl40 script. It seems it is very hard to get.

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 01:12:21 PM »
its not a script; its hacking. uber, as we call it. using leto to up your stats to the utmost possible. i would stay out of that business... uber will be gone within a matter of months/updates...   <_<  
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

EL CABAZONO

Any Ideas?
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 01:31:17 PM »
its not a script; its hacking. uber, as we call it. using leto to up your stats to the utmost possible. i would stay out of that business... uber will be gone within a matter of months/updates...   <_<
Factor in the productivity of bioware...

Assume "uber" will be gone in 2 - 3 patches...

Totals to... No more uber in year 2541.

Bioware are too lazy to patch.  They've had a horrid problem with crashing and refuse to fix it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 03:38:06 PM »
Bioware are too lazy to patch.  They've had a horrid problem with crashing and refuse to fix it.
I think you mean "Bioware are too greedy to patch.

Patches don't make money, new products do. Though I have argued that if you don't patch your shitty software people won't buy your new products.

Anyway, Bioware is now buddies with Microsoft and seems to be money hungry.  I suspect once the pay-per-download NWN mods thing is going Bioware will once again start patching regularly because it will be worth money to do so.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
Any Ideas?
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 07:59:59 PM »
hey getting bak on topic here, if you want to host a mod i think jarlaxle is still looking for a host for our mod (dun know if you know him or not)

Offline Black Mamba

• View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 01:41:23 PM »
So you guys mean that this script on Aventia is a hack??

!Hanzo steel Katana!

Beatrix Kido
)quad

Japanese steel rocks!

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any Ideas?
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 09:54:37 PM »
yes, it uses leto to ultra-levelup your characters to the games possible limit. making all your stats higher than normally possible, getting all the feats... pretty much just making your character unbeatable by legit (legal playing characters).

i know that bioware is lazy about updating, but note: "in a matter of updates..." and that *could* be in-fact the year 2541, but that would be in a matter of updates, no? :P  
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.