Author Topic: Can't login to GodSpire?  (Read 8225 times)

Offline Deekin

• View Profile
Can't login to GodSpire?
« on: August 15, 2005, 02:34:27 PM »
Every time I try and log in to GodSpire it just sits there going "attempting to find server" Then "server not found" blah blah..In the action section it shows that it's there, but it's really not..Am I the only one having problems now? >_>

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:53:17 PM »
This is usually a problem with gamespy, I logged into GodSpire 2 times today and failed to connect once. If you are having problems connecting through the "actions" section, try connecting through "history", failing that, you can usually log in through the "buddies list" tab if someone you know is already on.

You can also try direct connecting, I believe the IP address near the top of the LM board is GodSpire's current IP.

You can also try logging into ThrobbleServ in the "social" section. You'll start in a forest, head a short distance west to the cliff then walk north to the portal.

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 03:57:03 PM »
I never use the program Gamespy... i always use ingame gamespy and i never have any problems..

Offline Deekin

• View Profile
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:01:07 AM »
Tried going through Throbbleserv, but when I try and enter this comes up

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 12:17:47 AM »
OK, I'm going to log into GodSpire now, and try to stay logged in most of tomorrow. Anyone having problems connecting try to add "420" to your buddies list then clicking on my name to join. I have found this the most reliable way to log into GodSpire when I have problems connecting.

Hubba, when I talk about GameSpy I mean the "in game" NWN interface, this goes for any program using GameSpy as I have never used an independant GameSpy program. (didn't know one existed actually)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 01:19:52 AM »
I really don't know what the problem could be.  Maybe some gamespy ports need to be open that i don't know about.  Could someone list all known lamespy ports plz.

Offline Deekin

• View Profile
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 01:28:14 AM »
Oh, forgot to mension...I don't use lamespy (gamespy) Last time I used it I got like 5 trojans! :o

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 11:56:01 AM »
Oh, forgot to mension...I don't use lamespy (gamespy) Last time I used it I got like 5 trojans! :o
[snapback]26612[/snapback]

As I said in my above post, if you're playing NWN online you are, in fact, using gamespy. (Notice the "Powered by GameSpy" icon in the upper left corner of the multiplayer server selection interface.)

Anyway, I'll try to stay logged into GodSpire most of the day today, just add "420" to your Buddy List and double-click on it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 03:29:09 PM »
OK, Deekin was able to successfully log into GodSpire by double clicking my name on his buddies list. Someone else was able to log in by entering Ryu's name on their buddies list also. Once this is done you should be able to access GodSpire through your "history" list if no one on your buddies list is logged in.

It's about 12:30 PM for me, I will stayed logged into GodSpire until around 4pm PST. If anyone having trouble logging into GodSpire needs me to log in first just send me a private message or post here. I'll check back here every hour or so.

Thanks for your patience,

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 06:46:05 PM »
I really don't know what the problem could be.  Maybe some gamespy ports need to be open that i don't know about.  Could someone list all known lamespy ports plz.
[snapback]26611[/snapback]
If your looking for independent gamespy ports I dont know any, if anyone does please list them cuz I'm looking for them too.

These are NWN Ports that I know of:
NWN1 Ports:   5120  -  5300
NWN2 Ports:   6500  -  6500
NWN3 Ports:   27900  -  27900
NWN4 Ports:   28900  -  28900

Now whether these are the ones your looking for or not I don't know, but these are the ones I have open opened. And I can get through with any program I opened ports for EXCEPT hosting on nwn. So thats the best I can give you, except for this which may also list the ports you need if you know what you're looking for:

This link: Port Forwarding

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Can't login to GodSpire?
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 08:40:53 PM »
[snapback]26612[/snapback]
If you use directconnect you easy can avoid gamespy. Just say lan-game and directconnect to bluestarnet.com

Note: In contrast with the httpd, I never had problems connection/playing on the GodSpire nwserver. Also never heard of trojan problems connected with gamespy... I missed something?

-Mel