Author Topic: Off topic trash  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:16:23 PM »
Good points of the old server were it technical parts (as well scripting as hardware/software), the amount of newbies that rejoined and kept playing on the server, just the amount of players, and that the server was simple.
To play it boiled down to:
-don't random, stay nice (common sense)
-500k limit - no resist - no immumes (you can use the generic stuff if you don't get it)
-run into the first big and only door you see, and you're where you want to be, and want to stay.

And if you ask me what happend to the old GodSpire... Talon stopped hosting, and I think a few poeple did a nice job blowing up the rest of a good server, without themself realizing it. Changing back, to match the old GodSpire, stopping with changing it all the time, and giving new players (newbies) a warm welcome, is probably what can keep GodSpire from dieing.

On another note: When Talon came in the other day, he mentioned that he was the one who created "Xen's Portable Stool". Mo, Xen, if this is true, I ask you to change it. It's slightly disrespectful to leave it as "Xen's Portable Stool" if it should be "Talon's Portable Stool."
[snapback]26206[/snapback]
:rofl:

Anyway, nice post (Hell's too), and I'm happy to see Talon isn't completly death ;)
Sigh, I miss a lot of the old players. Anyone saw Raven? Or Ludo...  
I bet Cab still doesn't knows where his nwn-cd's are.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Off topic trash
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:47:37 PM »
I'm very busy during the day for the next few weeks.  After which I will have a look at the mod and streamline it a bit.

Elessar I really have no[edit] knowledge at all about the origins of "Xen's Stools".

When I said GodSpire is an advanced server, I ment that it has a large learning curve.  You can not just come to GodSpire, get Belog items and start to excel at pvp.  There are a lot of restrictions that require a new player to really spend a lot of time figuring things out.  Some people like Jimbo enjoy this, but most new players these days do not.  So they go to uber server, buy uber items and duel, simple as that.  Uber requires nothing at all but the same set of items on every player.

I think a few poeple did a nice job blowing up the rest of a good server, without themself realizing it.

Hope you and everyone can now understand why you've been excommunicated. (look it up)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 01:32:41 PM by Mo »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 01:09:51 PM »
Hope you and everyone can now understand why you've been excommunicated. (look it up)
[snapback]26209[/snapback]
It's funny to see how you try to pick things out of my posts (even posts that are months older), in search for something to show evryone why you were so right to kick me out. And as you know, I had, have and will have critique on how you run GodSpire. But you simple don't get that I'm not attacking you or whatever, I'm just saying where I think something is wrong.

Could you forget a second, that you kicked me when you see me, and think of something constructive, to post, or to do on GodSpire. This thread is the communety (what is left of it) saying something is wrong, it's not about the problems between me and you. I doubt if anyone exept you is interested to continue a little flame war about it.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off topic trash
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 01:15:59 PM »
I doubt if anyone exept you is interested to continue a little flame war about it.

Exactly!! I don't want to continue any flame war.

SO WHY IN THE NAME OF HOLINESS DID YOU POST:

I think a few poeple did a nice job blowing up the rest of a good server, without themself realizing it.

You're just so rude and condesending it's sickening.  I doubt it's your fault, cause you're posting in a language that is quite foreign to you.  So how about you exercise some common sense and just keep your mouth closed, cause you're bound to offend someone everytime you speak.

GAH!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 01:17:52 PM by Mo »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 01:20:29 PM »
I doubt if anyone exept you is interested to continue a little flame war about it.

You're just so rude and condesending it's sickening.  I doubt it's your fault, cause you're posting in a language that is quite foreign to you.  So how about you exercise some common sense and just keep your mouth closed, cause you're bound to offend someone everytime you speak.

GAH!!
[snapback]26212[/snapback]
Here we go again..    <_<

-Mel
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 01:21:03 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off topic trash
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 01:25:55 PM »

Here we go again..    <_<

-Mel
[snapback]26213[/snapback]

What did I just say? We're not going anywhere. Back on topic please.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 01:43:57 PM »
Mo, honestly, I'm getting sick of the way you act when it comes to Mel.  For someone who speaks English as a second language, she speaks very well, yet you continue to outragously claim she speaks in riddles.  She is by no means deserving excomunication! Quite honestly, she is perhaps one of the most helpful persons I've ever seen when it comes to new players. She is always patient with them. She helps them, she explains to them, yet her critique of the way you do something somehow makes her unworthy to play at Godspire and be a DM? And then you have the nerve to tell me that she is "rediculously ignorant"? Now that is rediculous! Honestly, I think the only one that thinks she is offending anyone is you. Mo, you're the one being offensive in trying to make her seem like she is wrong and should be banished from everywhere for life every time you have the chance.

You know, sometimes I think she's right: What happened to Godspire is that Talon stopped hosting. After that, things started changing-for the worse. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I don't get to see some of you guys otherwise, I'd really leave Godspire. I liked everything better when Talon ran the show, even when I was warned that I could be Taffy-Banned.

-Elessar Telrunya

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Off topic trash
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 01:55:06 PM »
Mo, honestly, I'm getting sick of the way you act when it comes to Mel.  For someone who speaks English as a second language, she speaks very well, yet you continue to outragously claim she speaks in riddles.  She is by no means deserving excomunication! Quite honestly, she is perhaps one of the most helpful persons I've ever seen when it comes to new players. She is always patient with them. She helps them, she explains to them, yet her critique of the way you do something somehow makes her unworthy to play at Godspire and be a DM? And then you have the nerve to tell me that she is "rediculously ignorant"? Now that is rediculous! Honestly, I think the only one that thinks she is offending anyone is you. Mo, you're the one being offensive in trying to make her seem like she is wrong and should be banished from everywhere for life every time you have the chance.

You know, sometimes I think she's right: What happened to Godspire is that Talon stopped hosting. After that, things started changing-for the worse. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I don't get to see some of you guys otherwise, I'd really leave Godspire. I liked everything better when Talon ran the show, even when I was warned that I could be Taffy-Banned.
-Elessar Telrunya
[snapback]26215[/snapback]

Really nothing has changed since he stopped hosting.  You are being delusional.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 01:58:04 PM »
Really nothing has changed since he stopped hosting.  You are being delusional.
[snapback]26216[/snapback]

Mo, the only one wrapped in delusion is you. You've gone bang outa order with this.

-Elessar

Cochy says:
lol oh man
Cochy says:
anyway i split that crap out of the topic into random ranting
Cochy says:
honestly it's not onyl my opinion of her.. I'm just vocal about it

Then start being vocal about your other oppinions of her. Until then, you're the one giving the crap.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 02:00:09 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 02:26:01 PM »
Thx ellesar,
Anyway, it's better if you let it be, it's too late anyway.

On the other side, I heard some older players (Raven,Talon,maybe others) logged past days. That's not bad at all, I'll log myself too time to time fom now on. Or at least keep an eye on the server. Just, I wish them to play a bit more nwn and GodSpire, but I stay away from GodSpire myself. Isn't logical ;)

-Mel

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Off topic trash
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 03:02:01 PM »
Could all of  you guys stop bitching and just be nice for eachother? :'(..

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Off topic trash
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 03:03:29 PM »
*Hugs Hubba*

I know I'm mad to do that :D

-Mel