Author Topic: Claiming Sanity  (Read 9103 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:42:50 AM »
My entire life I have been called many things, ranging from weird, abnormal, special, to insane, psychotic, and even mentally ill.  :angry:

So, I have accepted that perhaps I am "crazy" as some people say, but when people still claim that I am truly insane (I have had remarks like this from my own teachers, and even school administrators), I beg to differ. The true meaning of insanity is quite different than todays society makes it out to be.  :D

So here I am, claiming my sanity, and replacing that with what I claim to be individualistic. See here:
Insanity

Also, my other reason for this post, was that I was bored, and figured this may become a hot topic.  B)

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 02:01:03 AM »
you sure run around talking to yourself a lot for a sane person :tease:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:03:52 AM »
you sure run around talking to yourself a lot for a sane person :tease:
[snapback]26161[/snapback]
Alot of sane people do that, my father talks to himself when he works for instance. Just many years spent in solitary loneliness and boredom is all it is. I've gotten used to it.

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:06:42 AM »
Alot of sane people do that, my father talks to himself when he works for instance. Just many years spent in solitary loneliness and boredom is all it is. I've gotten used to it.
[snapback]26162[/snapback]

yeah yeah yeah that's what they all say :rtfm:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 02:29:05 AM »
I'm crazy also

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 02:59:41 AM »
I'm crazy also
[snapback]26164[/snapback]
LOL, I'm not alone! =D

But I just accidently discovered an hr. ago that I am more than a reasonable suspect to have APD (Antisocial Personality Disorder), or in other terms, a Sociopath/Psychopath, kind of strange, I took the test, and found it to be true, but nonetheless it is'nt official unless I take it for a Doctor, or whatever. This seems to be a good night for me, in yet another attempt to expand my knowledge which I seek like I would gold, I may have discovered what has been "wrong" with me all these years. They told me Depression, they told me ADD, they even had the nerve to mention OCT, and ADHD. No matter the outcome of this though, when I mention it to my Psychiatrist, and or my Psychologist, I will tell them flat out I am not taking any meds for this, I like the way I am, and don't want to be "cured," I'll just finally be happy to know more about myself. lol, what a twist of fate eh? =D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 03:02:59 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
My entire life I have been called many things, ranging from weird, abnormal, special, to insane, psychotic, and even mentally ill.  :angry:

So, I have accepted that perhaps I am "crazy" as some people say, but when people still claim that I am truly insane (I have had remarks like this from my own teachers, and even school administrators), I beg to differ. The true meaning of
Insanity

Also, my other reason for this post, was that I was bored, and figured this may become a hot topic.  B)
[snapback]26160[/snapback]

why i am intrested is why did some ppl call you crazy you did smt wrong or smt
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 10:14:04 AM »
why i am intrested is why did some ppl call you crazy you did smt wrong or smt
[snapback]26167[/snapback]
Well, I have almost no idea what you just said. But I am going to guess you meant, The reason you are interested is because you are curious as to why people would call me crazy, and are wondering if I did something wrong or something else to be called that.

Well if that was your question, I am sure it is because I don't fit into most of todays social norms and am individualistic. Basically meaning I act different and am interested in different things than most of what people today are interested in. On top of that it is assumed I am "insane" because I act peculiar, when in reality this may be from one or several different personality disorders, but the one I mentioned above seems to suit me quite well, for people under the age of 18 it is not meant to be a test and for those people it is considered Conduct Disorder, but I have reviewed both, and they are not the same, so I believe I may have APD. And according to my personal results from the PCL-R Test I would be clinically considered a "Psychopath," but since Sociopath Criteria and Psychopath Criteria were combined into one, I would be considered to have APD. But like I said, it was a personal test, and I do not Officially have APD.

Hope that answered your question... lmao.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 10:29:36 AM »
Psychiatrist told me I'm normal, so I totally own you and your internet testings.

Edit:  And to totally own the internet tests: They generally always tell me there's something wrong, but since the psychiatrist said there isn't, and he's a doctor and all, specializing in that crap, I believe him more than a web page of yes and no questions.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:31:03 AM by CABAZON »

I'm using the power rangers to steal bandwidth from 10,000 people in florida.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »
Psychiatrist told me I'm normal, so I totally own you and your internet testings.

Edit:  And to totally own the internet tests: They generally always tell me there's something wrong, but since the psychiatrist said there isn't, and he's a doctor and all, specializing in that crap, I believe him more than a web page of yes and no questions.
[snapback]26180[/snapback]
Actually it isnt an internet test, it is the actual test they use to diagnose you, not some bullshit test you find on some random website.
And on a side note, that had nothing to do with me claiming my sanity.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »
Hey, I forgot about this thread. Well... it turned out I wouldn't have APD. The reason is because the test, has a score 0 - 40, if you score above 30, you are in range for a possible diagnosis of APD, I scored a 37. But the few points I didn't have, were some where it said "lack of empathy or emotion toward others" I am empathetic, and do not lack emotions towards others, this happens to be the biggest factor in a APD person, and as I do not have it, I most likely do not have APD.

Yes, I discussed that with a certified person long ago.

The only disorder I have actually been diagnosed with is depression, and they can bite me. =)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »
"I may be insane, but I'm not yet crazy."
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 10:48:15 AM »
Hey everyone - come look at me!
I havent got anything useful to see so ill let you all know that im crazy!
lolzers! w00t!
Oh - and ill slip in somewhere through the thread that its just been officially confirmed that i might be completely nuts!
But of course, i may retract this statement later! w00t!
Now everyone respond to me - i need attention, or i might have to think of something more ridiculous to waste your times with!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:52:07 AM by Talon »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 10:54:44 AM »
Aug 3 2005...

Necro your own tread about how crazy you're.  <_<

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Claiming Sanity
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »
Hey everyone - come look at me!
I havent got anything useful to see so ill let you all know that im crazy!
lolzers! w00t!
Oh - and ill slip in somewhere through the thread that its just been officially confirmed that i might be completely nuts!
But of course, i may retract this statement later! w00t!
Now everyone respond to me - i need attention, or i might have to think of something more ridiculous to waste your times with!
[snapback]28269[/snapback]
Damn straight.

What next? How about... hmm... oh I got it!

Okay... I got this big flippin hole in my tooth right... and it's like... huge. I think part of a filling fell out, but that's okay, because I take care of my teeth, so well, that I spend all day in the bathroom brushing them, coming out once in a while to make a ridiculous post. Thank you, thank you, *elvis impersonation begins* thank you very much *ends* =D