Author Topic: help !!  (Read 9019 times)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« on: August 01, 2005, 04:29:20 PM »
i just downloaded lineage 2 and installed it, then i created an account but always i put the account in game it says always the password of my account doesnt match,
some ppl said there are free servers but i cant even enter the game  :(

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 10:23:56 PM »
forget it i got it to work  :P

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 02:03:01 AM »
Lineage 2 pay to play? I looked at the site quick something about a free subscription?  And what did you download Tyrael? The game?? DO I need the first Lineage to play the second? what's the difference??

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 06:33:18 PM »
Lineage 2 pay to play? I looked at the site quick something about a free subscription?  And what did you download Tyrael? The game?? DO I need the first Lineage to play the second? what's the difference??
[snapback]26245[/snapback]
You dont need the first to play the second. And it IS pay to play unless you play a free server. Yeah he DLed the game, and probably a patch for a free server too. There is a large difference between graphics, plot, and all that other shizz. And currently if you get the full version Chronicles 3 I found the download to be 1.88 Gigabytes... ya I said gigabytes, and then u do the unzipping, then the installing then u run the updater... yeah it takes a bit.

Anyway, I go to run it and it tells me AGP isnt actively running or some shit, and to activate AGP. Or the game may not run consistantly. And then it just sits there and never does anything... and I have to go and hit end process... wtf is AGP? and what in the nine-hells am I supposed to do?
I hope it aint talkin AGP video card wise...

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
help !!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 06:43:30 PM »
I hope it aint talkin AGP video card wise...
[snapback]26357[/snapback]
Well, there's a good chance there are problems with the acceleration. Could be drivers, mobo config, or just the game ..(corupted archive for example).. it's an illigal download, not?

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 06:54:12 PM »
Well, there's a good chance there are problems with the acceleration. Could be drivers, mobo config, or just the game ..(corupted archive for example).. it's an illigal download, not?

-Mel
[snapback]26359[/snapback]
No its not illegal download, and my video card isnt AGP, and in addition my acceleration is as high as it goes and if I decrease it games go slow.

Well I still get that message, but I found after waiting 5-10 min it actually loads, then it gives me a nice little error message saying GameGuard could not update and to do a virus scan or check you mo******<--blocked out by the ok button*** properties.

How quaint.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 07:28:43 PM »
my video card isnt AGP
[snapback]26360[/snapback]

Good Lord! I'm surprised you can run any games on a video card that doesn't use AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port).

What video card do you use HeLL? It could be that you just never enabled the AGP in the CMOS setup or in the software drivers.

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
    • http://
help !!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 07:30:23 PM »
Good Lord! I'm surprised you can run any games on a video card that doesn't use AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port).

What video card do you use HeLL? It could be that you just never enabled the AGP in the CMOS setup or in the software drivers.

[snapback]26366[/snapback]

PCI-E video cards run better than AGP video cards.  If I remember correctly, AGP has more potential than PCI-E but video card companies are not able to get there yet.  I could be wrong.

I'm using the power rangers to steal bandwidth from 10,000 people in florida.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 07:53:41 PM »

[snapback]26366[/snapback]
Err... yeh I meant it uses PCI slots rather than AGP slots and uhh.... yeh it tells me I dont have it on... =/
Card: ATI Radeon 9550 (Not what I'd like, but shit cost money yaknow?)

Also yeh, here some info.

VIA CPU to AGP2.0/AGP3.0 Controller
Device is working properly.
No conflicts.

It also cannot be disabled or enabled without stressing to disable it, and remains enabled.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 08:03:04 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 10:18:38 PM »
Err... yeh I meant it uses PCI slots rather than AGP slots and uhh.... yeh it tells me I dont have it on...
[snapback]26374[/snapback]

Well, you can't take advantage of the AGP capability of a graphics card if it isn't in an AGP slot. So an AGP video card in a PCI slot won't have AGP functionality.

New motherboards are extremely cheap compared to other hardware. I suggest Asus.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 03:30:14 AM »
Nevermind that you can't fit an AGP card in a PCI slot

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
    • http://
help !!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 03:50:43 AM »
^^ Yah cuz I bought a sweetness one that wouldn't fit and they won't return it. =(
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 10:28:02 AM »
Ah who cares about that crap anyway, it still says that everytime I turn it on. Well so I wait 5 minutes for it to come on, and here I change my screen size so large that i can barely read the text on the icons from how small it is. Run it, and go figure it worked. Heck a full screen program couldnt even take up my full screen it was so big. Then I went into its options and changed it to 800x600, then changed my screen back to 800x600 and all is well... I still dont know wtf it did that for, or why it keeps bothering me to activate AGP for consistancy... but whatever it works now so... I'm good. =D

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 08:13:12 AM »
err sorry meclar havent seen forums in like some weeks  :P
to play l2 only need the game file from oficial site
Lineage 2
then install it and let it auto update then to play for free just  put the 2 files in this patch l2 server patch in your game system folder and ready to play :P
now u can start the game and put the account and pw u want it creates it automatically

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
help !!
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 12:47:27 PM »
I had to create the username and password on the L2 Global site, then I could use them. Also, you can just get the client from the L2Global site as well.