Author Topic: More Wacky Questions from the K-man  (Read 15336 times)

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
More Wacky Questions from the K-man
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
Hmm....most warriors don't use axe ( i am talking about pvp here becouse i find it more important somehow ), they are using hammer or sword.
I think that dmg absorb on armor does not work against spells, it works only vs physical attacks.

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »
I think that dmg absorb on armor does not work against spells, it works only vs physical attacks.
[snapback]25389[/snapback]

Correct, but remember that armor is affected by Armor Piercing (strength attribute and some skills) and damage reduction isn't. I think it's safe to assume that Damage Absorption works better against physical damage (in general) while Armor works better vs. extremely high damage and elemental damage.

Keep in mind that they have rebalanced Damage Absorption before and they may do so again. It's not in Arena.net's best interest to make one type of armor superior to any other for PvP purposes.

I really haven't had to deal with this problem since I use Gladiator's Armor for the increased mana. Even at -60% Death Pentalty I have exactly 15 mana which allows me to use any of my skills.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 09:04:43 PM »
Alright, that made a little bit of sence, but I really dont get it. For the simple people (me) just tell me who was correct in their guessing so that i can read what they said and get a better idea what is going on (i dont like links, they are confusing).

-Doh, theres a second page *slaps forehead*....alright n/m that question, i have enough of an understanding now i dont really care anymore.-
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 09:07:09 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 02:39:37 AM »
Well again i am talking about pvp. No1 will just poke you there. You will be either smashed by hammer ( mostly), sword does preety big dmg to considering to plenty of powerfull skills, or you will take extremly high elemental dmg. I doubt that anyone will take Knight's armor just becouse it's better against LOW dmg...

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2005, 08:34:51 AM »
(To Rune's past three posts)
Blind man! he just told you! If he is surviving longer that means that the armor is clearly doing a better job than platemail armor, and surviving longer under heat of fire does make you better. And how are you saying there is no proof when you are saying that the proof is on other forums where people are saying platemail is better. Somehow nothing seems to penetrate your thick skull, obviously if they care about surviving longer, they will do better in PvP because they are trying to survive longer. You were not saying which armor is better, you were saying which armor you think is better. Also, plenty of people use axes and it doesn't matter that a lot of them are made pvp in the beggining, because they're pvping with axes. Just look at Four Two Zero, he's a great axe warrior, and he probably does well in PvP too. As for what you think you'll be hit by in PvP, look again- there are tons of people who play mesmers, rangers, necros, and even smiting monks who will all dish out damage to you in large or multiple small quantities. And, since you weren't aware of it, if you make a PvP only character, you can't get platemail, but you can get Knight's armor, meaning a good amount of people are using Knight's armor.

-Elessar
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 08:35:08 AM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2005, 08:59:19 AM »
<_< can this BULLSHIT be taken to another thread....this is a QUESTIONS TOPIC not a freakin flame...  :angry:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2005, 09:03:22 AM »
And, since you weren't aware of it, if you make a PvP only character, you can't get platemail, but you can get Knight's armor, meaning a good amount of people are using Knight's armor.

you can make a pvp character and still play through...

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2005, 11:00:30 AM »
if anyone knows, could u plz post a list of craftables that DONT require spending money (ie, carpaces -> shells) cause i'd like to start crafting this stuff i got :P 77shells w00t!

i'd like to craft linen for my rangers and maybe charcoal, i see it for sale from Material Dealers, but i'm cheap :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.