Author Topic: More Wacky Questions from the K-man  (Read 15344 times)

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
More Wacky Questions from the K-man
« on: July 07, 2005, 01:38:02 PM »
mkay...see there's this rumor that weapons can be UPGRADED (zomgwtfbqq!!!1111oneoneone :o ) but...everytime i do a salvage i get ingots, granite...wood....so...

WHERE THE FRACK IS THE UPGRADE! (ie like the example they have in the help page Upgrade) and yes, one of my characters is in post :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 01:42:33 PM »
Go Here, and way to be observent *rolls eyes*
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 02:18:18 PM »
didn't u read the subtopic of the thread :P

mkay...is there a way to salvage fur...or do i have to kill more of them poor Steriod Cows (charr) to trade for fur <_<

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »
If you find yourself lucky enough salvage charr hides, chance of getting fur are not that small, for example once out of 4 charr hides i got 4 fur squares, plenty of times none.
Charr hides are only source of getting fur, you can salvage warrior armor with dmg reduction to get it too :P

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 06:44:25 PM »
i think i salvaged charr hides (not with expert kit) and got...tanned hide  :blink:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 04:00:44 AM »
i think i salvaged charr hides (not with expert kit) and got...tanned hide  :blink:
[snapback]25247[/snapback]

Try with an expert kit

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 03:39:05 AM »
well...i salvaged 2 charr hides (with expert) and got tanned hide :( *Doesn't feel very lucky* :P

MAKE THAT 4 OUT OF 4 CHARR HIDES THAT GOT ME ONLY TANNED....WTF!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 03:59:46 AM by Khadgar of Dalaran »

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 05:18:15 AM »
Aye, it's hard but in the end you get more profit with salvaging them then giving it to collector becouse you get tanned too, and if you are tough business man like me ( :P ) you can sell 10 tanned for 210 gold max and YOU WILL get fur eventually so it's better to salvage :)

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 08:08:38 AM »
okay...why the hell are party members greyed out when they leave?

*i lost a connection while with a party and they said to try entering the mission and seeing if it'll re-add me to the party (didn't work)...so is there a way to re-join a party w/o them having to go back <_<

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 01:46:13 PM »
okay...why the hell are party members greyed out when they leave?

*i lost a connection while with a party and they said to try entering the mission and seeing if it'll re-add me to the party (didn't work)...so is there a way to re-join a party w/o them having to go back <_<
[snapback]25295[/snapback]

Every time you leave a town it spawns a new instance of the wilderness area and you basically enter your own private server. There is no way to join a group that is already in a wilderness area from town. Otherwise, like Diablo 2, high level groups of players would enter the areas your group was exploring and hunt you all down for sport.

It's a bit restrictive but it's a safty precaution to keep players from being complete jackasses to each other.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 04:15:23 PM »
Sometimes I do wish I could just shoot someone...Player hunting...I could become a mercenary!
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 06:18:41 PM »
mkay, i seen (love my grammar? :P) 3 peeps with this armor....what is it and where do i get it! MESA WANTS IT!!!! :D

@420
i know that...i'm talkin like this...

-i was invited joined went to priv. server; then i lost my connection...you should be able to rejoin a party (if you weren't kicked) with all the same stats (like if u used a res sig, u won't have it again)....cause i lost and and my party lost :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 06:21:17 PM by Khadgar of Dalaran »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 06:45:30 PM »
That's probably the 15K "Knight's" armor dyed with silver. Right now I'm saving up for the 15K "Gladiator" set but they haven't finished the graphics for it yet so it just looks like the regular "Gladiator" armor.

EDIT: Mo has it, it's the Knight's armor. Changed platemail to knights.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:30:44 PM by 420 »

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 03:45:37 AM »
:blink: Issss wantssss itssssss!!! :P
cause i hate this gladiator armor....barely covers me yet has 50 AR rating &lt;_&lt;

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 07:44:16 AM »
:blink: Issss wantssss itssssss!!! :P
cause i hate this gladiator armor....barely covers me yet has 50 AR rating &lt;_&lt;
[snapback]25315[/snapback]

ya well its meant to give you more energy... soooo you're prob gunna have to just deal with it, and those armor ratings are standard for where/who you get the armor from... so all warrior armor from yak's bend has 50 armor rating, but one of the crafter's in ascalon gives you armor with only 30 armor rating... (oh and note- don't waste money on crafting in lion's arch unless its armor you couldn't get before! it has the same armor as you should ahve already had... hehe)

-Elessar

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 07:54:32 AM »
Platemail armor is better then Knights becouse it has higher armor lever and it always can be upgraded with superior runes of absorbation. I doubt that any experienced player would choose Knights Armor

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 10:27:22 AM »
&lt;_&lt; and where is this armor (platemail) at?

@Lord
-um..my armor was rated at 50 (helm was 55) so take yo shit-ass armor (prolly elemental) and smelt it :P

*SIDE NOTE:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRO-GAMER'S DREAM!!!
great gobes of goose shit!!! 500 USD for a lvl 60 human warlock in WoW...*dies*
i can make money now, doin what i love :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 11:57:35 AM by Khadgar of Dalaran »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 01:14:19 PM »
Platemail armor is better then Knights becouse it has higher armor lever and it always can be upgraded with superior runes of absorbation. I doubt that any experienced player would choose Knights Armor
[snapback]25320[/snapback]

What Rune fails to understand is that Knights armor + Superior Rune of absorption = better dmg reduction than Platemail with Superior Rune of absorption.  What you should do is buy one piece of Knights Armor and then the rest Platemail, so you get the benefit of the dmg absorption of knights armor + the extra armor of platemail.

Thanks to 420 for researching exactly how the dmg absorption of the knights armor works.

Anyway i'd use full Knights Armor cause it looks much cooler ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 01:16:09 PM by Mo »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 01:53:35 PM »
cause i hate this gladiator armor....barely covers me yet has 50 AR rating
[snapback]25315[/snapback]
It's amazing that so many guys are uncomfortable with your half-naked Warriors in the gladiator armor. Let me guess: you're all playing male characters, right? Bet you wouldn't mind if you were using the female model...

Rimmer: "Lister, she's a computer sprite and surely that's the point - she's just a load of pixels."
Lister: "Yeah, but what pixels!"

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 02:24:09 PM »
what's the point of dmg reduction? not like the enemy gets much of a chance to dmg me :P ;)

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 03:05:45 PM »
Platemail is way better then Knights becouse 85 with dmg reduction is better then 80 with double dmg reduction, that's what you fail to understand Mo. And don't mix Platemail and Knights, full 85 with dmg reduction is the best armor for warrior.
Using Knight's armor just becouse it looks cool is wrong, look won't help much in pvp, so it's best to take what is cheap but good, of course if you are not full of money.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 03:08:46 PM by RuNE »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 06:43:49 PM »
Platemail is way better then Knights becouse 85 with dmg reduction is better then 80 with double dmg reduction.
[snapback]25336[/snapback]

Really? Care to offer up some proof?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 09:46:13 PM »
Platemail is way better then Knights becouse 85 with dmg reduction is better then 80 with double dmg reduction, that's what you fail to understand Mo. And don't mix Platemail and Knights, full 85 with dmg reduction is the best armor for warrior.
Using Knight's armor just becouse it looks cool is wrong, look won't help much in pvp, so it's best to take what is cheap but good, of course if you are not full of money.
[snapback]25336[/snapback]

Instead of trying to make other people look wrong because their oppinions don't agree with your own, try accepting it and getting on with it. There is nothing "wrong" about using Knight's armor just because it looks cool, and the armor will help in PvP just the same. Mo has a good point with using one piece of the Knight's and rest platemail for more damage reduction.

@Lord
-um..my armor was rated at 50 (helm was 55) so take yo shit-ass armor (prolly elemental) and smelt it tongue.gif

=P warriors always get higher armor ratings than other classes and I hardly play my RP elementalist. *kicks* BAD KHADGAR!

-Elessar

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 04:16:46 AM »
Proof? Man 85 is just better every1 knows that, it's a fact. If you ask any1 who know something about this game he will tell you the same. And i am not trying to make people look bad Mo tried that when he said that I fail to understand.
You have to consider that you will fight something else then physical attacks, and dmg absorbation on Knights armor can be bigger yes but only protect you against physical attacks, so it's better to have extra 5 armor ( on platemail )  that will protect you agains all dmg and you still have 3 dmg reduction ( from superior rune of absorb ) which is higher then nonupgraded Knights armor coz it has only 2 dmg reduction. Now would you really like to have 2 more dmg absorb or 5 AL ?
If yes, i don't have any problems with it, just saying whats better.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 04:18:22 AM by RuNE »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 08:19:11 AM »
Proof? Man 85 is just better every1 knows that, it's a fact. If you ask any1 who know something about this game he will tell you the same. And i am not trying to make people look bad Mo tried that when he said that I fail to understand.
[snapback]25352[/snapback]

for your first sentence- see comment below
for the second sentence- the world does not revolve around you. there are plenty of people who know plenty about this game who will not tell you the same
for the third sentence- yes you are, you did fail to understand. he said that knight's armor with supperior rune of absorption has better damage absorption than platemail with superior rune of absorption, which is true, and you know it cuz you stated it below. as for the 1 piece knights w/sup absorption and the rest platemail, that was a suggestion, so dont take it as a "this is right and everything else you say is wrong", cuz i dont think mo would really do that...

again- see below comment for my oppinion on your post in general

You have to consider that you will fight something else then physical attacks, and dmg absorbation on Knights armor can be bigger yes but only protect you against physical attacks, so it's better to have extra 5 armor ( on platemail )  that will protect you agains all dmg and you still have 3 dmg reduction ( from superior rune of absorb ) which is higher then nonupgraded Knights armor coz it has only 2 dmg reduction. Now would you really like to have 2 more dmg absorb or 5 AL ?
If yes, i don't have any problems with it, just saying whats better.
[snapback]25352[/snapback]

>.> you should add the word "oppinion" to your vocabulary, because you seem to be sorely lacking it

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 08:47:59 AM »
&lt;_&lt; sorry i even asked.....

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 09:36:43 AM »
Ellesar now i am starting to have some huge fun with you. When you know that some guy will try to " kill " everything you say it becomes fun. :P
I just helped Khad and you guys got involved in it. But this time I am right :D becouse Platemail IS WAY BETTER then knight's, LOL just check the other forums if ya don't believe me, you will see that people are saying things like " Any1 wearing Knight's armor is an idiot".
You guys are really acting strange, whenever some1 is trying to help you must get in it.  
That's why i left CH, i can't stand it :)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 09:58:47 AM »
Ellesar now i am starting to have some huge fun with you. When you know that some guy will try to " kill " everything you say it becomes fun. :P
I just helped Khad and you guys got involved in it. But this time I am right :D becouse Platemail IS WAY BETTER then knight's, LOL just check the other forums if ya don't believe me, you will see that people are saying things like " Any1 wearing Knight's armor is an idiot".
You guys are really acting strange, whenever some1 is trying to help you must get in it.   
That's why i left CH, i can't stand it :)
[snapback]25371[/snapback]

Facinating.  Well in practice I've noticed that I seem to take less dmg on average than my friend who has full platemail.  I also seem to survive longer in the wilderness.  Which is weird since I am an "idiot with knights armor".  Coming from a game design point of view, the game designers would have two similiarly priced armors, with one being "way better" than the other.  Especially not in a game such as GW which appears to be very balanced all the way through.

Sorry to hear you left CH.  Have you left GodSpire yet?

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 12:16:34 PM »
I am sure you are very sorry. No i haven't left GodSpire yet but i am sure that soon someone will ban me just becouse i disagree with him.
And surviving longer then others does not make you good or bad and it is NO proof on which armor is better. Why don't you give me some proof. If all would be like you and care just about how long they will survive teams at pvp just wouldn't work. Sometimes you have to sacrafice for your friends who are dieing. Maybe that's the problem. And omg i was just saying which armor is better, i wasn't forcing you to get platemail. Go with presearing armor for all i care. And i didn't say that you are the idiot with Knight's ppl on forums did, go and check it out.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 12:17:44 PM by RuNE »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 02:10:24 PM »
Here's an interesting link.

The chart seems to be missing but you can get an idea of what it looked like by reading the post.

Looks like the effectivness of Armor vs. Damage Absorption is related to the amount of damage being recieved in a single attack.

Armor reduces damage by a percentage while absorption reduces damage by a set amount. So against a relativly weak hit (like an axe warriors low end damge) 5 armor will be less effective than 2 Damage Absorption. Against a high damage hit or elemental attack 5 armor will be more effective than 2 Damage Absorption.