Author Topic: Problems after GodSpire's recent "facelift"  (Read 18855 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Problems after GodSpire's recent "facelift"
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 01:12:32 AM »
Bioware is fuxxored, why did such a shitty company have to make such a good game... if only Blizzard or something made it... at least it isnt as fuxxored as Morrowind... rofl... horrible... and ya it takes about 5 seconds... with my monk ;)
[snapback]25658[/snapback]

Blizzard blows. Bioware have made a crap load of awesome games. Crazy but true.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 02:16:28 AM »
Blizzard blows. Bioware have made a crap load of awesome games. Crazy but true.
[snapback]25668[/snapback]
I like blizzard, too bad they're always overrun with hackers...

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 08:22:25 PM »
I never liked Warcraft but Starcraft and Broodwar ruled.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2005, 01:03:29 AM »
I never liked Warcraft but Starcraft and Broodwar ruled.
[snapback]25676[/snapback]
Warcraft II owns...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2005, 12:58:51 PM »
Blizzard was a great company until Diablo 2. Before that you could buy a Blizzard game knowing that it was a complete game with very few (if any) bugs. In fact, the only patches that games like warcraft 1 and 2, Starcraft and Diablo needed were due to Battle.net upgrades and very minor bugs.

Then Blizzard released Diablo 2 as a half-finished game. Traditionally a story has 5 acts, but Diablo 2 only had 4 "acts" and space to add a tab for the 5th act when it first came out. The Lord of Destruction expansion pack was actually the rest of the original game. Truely sad.

Of course, even before Diablo 2 was released most of the original creators of battle.net and the original Diablo left to make arena.net and Guild Wars because they were disgusted by the direction Blizzard was going in. Even the employees of Blizzard could tell that releasing half a game and then working on a pay-to-play game would be the downfall of the company.

Of course I have been saying this on the battle.net forums for years and you can imagine the responses I get from their loyal fan base.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2005, 05:26:58 PM »
Blizzard was a great company until Diablo 2. Before that you could buy a Blizzard game knowing that it was a complete game with very few (if any) bugs. In fact, the only patches that games like warcraft 1 and 2, Starcraft and Diablo needed were due to Battle.net upgrades and very minor bugs.

Then Blizzard released Diablo 2 as a half-finished game. Traditionally a story has 5 acts, but Diablo 2 only had 4 "acts" and space to add a tab for the 5th act when it first came out. The Lord of Destruction expansion pack was actually the rest of the original game. Truely sad.

Of course, even before Diablo 2 was released most of the original creators of battle.net and the original Diablo left to make arena.net and Guild Wars because they were disgusted by the direction Blizzard was going in. Even the employees of Blizzard could tell that releasing half a game and then working on a pay-to-play game would be the downfall of the company.

Of course I have been saying this on the battle.net forums for years and you can imagine the responses I get from their loyal fan base.

[snapback]25690[/snapback]
So true... nonetheless.... WC2 Owns! =D That was before D2 though of course, I admit D2 was fun... but it was also fudged, and the "hackers" came back again...
uhh... notice the quotes? lol

Offline ihatecapslock

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2005, 06:52:53 PM »
About the new godspire, there is no need for the 20 or so NPCs wandering the halls, All they do is spam thier annoying emotes and get lost, with the new trash script the no longer need to run to pick up garbage. Master Brinsbane is bugged, he will attack you is you attack him and chase you forever, this also counts if u accidentialy cast a spell at him.  Oh and Susy says "I'm no such a harmless old man now am I" When you attack her.  :P I suggest replacing the 20 wandering NPCs with a few that stand still up against the wall so there is less confusion. Lights might wanna be clickable too.

NO REALLY I DO HATE CAPS LOCK!! ah s*** . . .

Offline Dark Jimbo

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 06:31:59 PM »
As of this minute, GodSpire is unleashing some crazy lag. Periods of like 10secs of lag, every couple of secs.....and now its just crashed, lol

Edit: Seems it didn't actually crash, everyone just lagged out...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:34:17 PM by Dark Jimbo »
Jimbo™

"...its better to ask and not get the answer you want, than to not ask at all..."

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 07:16:55 PM »
As of this minute, GodSpire is unleashing some crazy lag. Periods of like 10secs of lag, every couple of secs.....and now its just crashed, lol

Edit: Seems it didn't actually crash, everyone just lagged out...
[snapback]25836[/snapback]
I've been noticing that for the past couple days, it doesnt do it all the time, but it will do it every now and then...

Offline Crim

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2005, 11:02:57 PM »
Facelift, wha?  :(
[I'm as perfect as a ragdoll gets.]
Long live the blue glowie buglamps! :]

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 04:36:54 AM »
Facelift, wha?  :(
[snapback]25846[/snapback]
=D Ya lull come check it out =D