Author Topic: No CD?  (Read 7358 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
No CD?
« on: June 21, 2005, 02:05:25 AM »
I don't remember ever being able to not use the CD to run NWN.  Is this new with the 1.66 patch or?  Do I now have 3 CDs to fling off on my weedwacker?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
No CD?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
I don't remember ever being able to not use the CD to run NWN.  Is this new with the 1.66 patch or?  Do I now have 3 CDs to fling off on my weedwacker?
[snapback]24647[/snapback]

Could be new with the patch, I noticed they fixed a few things that weren't mentioned in the release notes. For instance, before the patch if you cast "Death Ward" twice, or "Undeaths Eternal Foe" twice (or one of each) then the immunity to negative energy was removed. These spells now stack properly and don't remove the negative energy immunity if cast multiple times.

I'll post any other interesting tid-bits that I discover were fixed by 1.66 but not documented.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:14:15 PM by 420 »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
No CD?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 03:56:42 PM »
I don't remember ever being able to not use the CD to run NWN.  Is this new with the 1.66 patch or?  Do I now have 3 CDs to fling off on my weedwacker?
I have also found that true.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
No CD?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 02:09:30 PM »
I used to use Death Ward to protect against Implosion but now with the patch Death Ward doesn't block against it because Implosion is an Evocation spell and not a death spell  >.<

That's nice to know about Deaths Eternal Foe works now maybe Regen doesn't stack either.  GodSpire had fixes to this a long time ago but were never put back.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
No CD?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 02:57:22 PM »
The linux client never needed the CD in the drive. And withing days poeple had cracked the cd protection for the windows version, each new patch. I guess they found it pointless to keep the protection. So, you do have 3 CDs to fling off on your weedwacker.

-Mel

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
No CD?
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 11:45:46 PM »
I wonder what I could do with hte CDs, a blowdart gun, and a compressed air tank....
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
No CD?
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 06:28:23 AM »
If that's true that's insane cause my CD is broken :D
And was it me or people couldn't reply to post in lucid magic ?
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc