Author Topic: Gunz  (Read 30986 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »
Judgemental are we Throbble? I only used fagg for lack of a better word, plus it sounded good.
[snapback]30807[/snapback]

Don't tell me you forgot the GodSpire/LM rules concerning derragatory homosexual slurs. We have always had a "no tolerance" rule about that. Have you been away from us too long? Did hanging out on those other newb forums ruin your manners?

Anyway, I should be finishing up the CEP blueprints today so I'll be on a bit later.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2006, 12:09:43 PM »
Manners? Don't fucking make me laugh.

Oh well, sorry it offended you. Shoot me. She reversed the comment unto myself anyhow, making her statement just as bad as my own.

Just say when, and if I see it, I'll poke my head in.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 02:50:32 PM »
Oh well, sorry it offended you.
[snapback]30809[/snapback]

It's not about who was offended, Throbble is a moderator for this site and she was just doing her job.
2. Refrain from posting profanity, racist, sexist, or demeaning material. Any offensive material in your posts, including Adult material, will be removed ASAP.

The fact that she didn't edit your post makes me think she was being as nice as possible about it.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Gunz
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2006, 03:46:40 PM »
*is bored* where are you people?!

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »
It's not about who was offended, Throbble is a moderator for this site and she was just doing her job.
[snapback]30810[/snapback]
I didn't say it was, I was being an asshole.

The fact that she didn't edit your post makes me think she was being as nice as possible about it.
[snapback]30810[/snapback]
By trying to insult me? Yeah, that's real slick. If I adminned and gave a shit about a post like that, I would just ask them to refrain from such use with a post in reply, instead of attempting to insult them. Way to go!

And I sincerely hope that wasn't an attempt at making me feel guilty for my reply.

@Elessar Just sitting here listening to a song most people would dislike (keyword most), and yeah. Much more fun atm. Too lazy to kick your ass right now sorry.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 05:13:33 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 08:10:21 PM »
Alright, taking a break for Darkness of Daggerford to play some Gunz.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2006, 08:59:50 PM »
damn, if you're still there ima hop on

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2006, 09:26:09 AM »
i'm almost on at evenings GMT time servers 1, 2, 3 lvl 13 i think kicking ass :D

BTW my name is RazorSasuke
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 09:34:35 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »
I'm nearly 21, so I may throw myself into a few bottomless pits so I can play in the 11-20 games for awhile or should I just go ahead and play with the big boys?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2006, 12:30:25 PM »
I can still play with you if you become 21 using my level 34. And you can still play with the rest of us, if you make a free channel game. Which isn't extremely terrible, you are able to put a level restiction on. I would say a good 10 level difference would work. That would make anyone from 11 to 31 be able to play in that game. The only ones who would be stupid to is anyone near 30, as they may lose exp if killed by someone closer to 10.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
Gunz
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »
I downloaded it a couple days ago and play when I can [the launcher is screwy] lvl 6 atm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:18:29 PM by WitchHunter_Z »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »
I downloaded it a couple days ago and play when I can [the launcher is screwy] lvl 6 atm.
[snapback]30857[/snapback]

What's your character(s) name and what server you usually play on?

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Gunz
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2006, 06:21:13 AM »
WitchHunterZ and server 3

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Gunz
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »
anyone else getting Server 3 as "Checking" all the time?

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2006, 09:30:24 PM »
I believe I said before that Server 3 is shit.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2006, 01:31:17 AM »
For those that do not know, the North American version will soon be out and hosted on www.iiji.com. Not only will that help resolve some distance issues, but it is also maxed out with new shit, and it's about fucking time.

They've made some recent changes and so forth at gunzfactor as a result of the new changes. There's also supposedly a new guy working with Maiet regarding the new North American version. It's likely most information and so forth will come from him and iiji regarding the new version, before and after it's up and going.

The international version has gotten some recent updates as well, though not as spectacular. Starting on the North American version will mean a whole new deal, I think I may be playing both! Hahaha.

The bad news? Open beta? No. Closed, so there you have it, that's the catch. And once the beta is through, I am uncertain whether or not you'll have to dish out cash to play, so far it doesn't seem so, but we'll see.

Here is the official announcement from October 4th regarding this:

Hello GunZ International server players!

If you haven't already heard, ijji.com will be hosting the new North American GunZ server and community! The new GunZ will be holding a closed beta Test Service in late October so that GunZ International fans can preview the new Gunz and provide feedback on things that should be added and fixed.

Come to ijji.com and experience what the new Gunz is all about! Learn about all the new items and weapons that are unavailable in the International version! Experience the new Quest and Duel Modes!

Also, check out what we've got planned for the full ijji Gunz service and let us know what you think! Experience GunZ: The Duel, the way it was meant to be played, with Quest Mode, Duel Match Mode and upgraded Clan functions.

The new ijji Gunz service means a new game, new IDs and a new beginning. Reserve your GunzID by participating in the Closed Beta Test Service! Be one of the first to try out GunZ on the North American server! Experience better latency and take advantage of the opportunity to provide feedback for the new service!

In order to enable Beta Testers to see all of the new GunZ, we have accelerated the XP and bounty systems so that Testers can level up and earn money faster. Unfortunately, this means that we will have to reset the Test accounts at the end of the Closed Beta. However, we will be preserving your ID's, so be sure to reserve your ID by participating as a Closed Beta Tester!

See you all at www.ijji.com in late October! The exact starting date will be announced soon.

An announcement from from Guntrix, by the service planner of iiji:

Hello GunZ Forum users,

As many of you have heard through Venister and Guntrix, GunZ will be published on a North American server. The contract has been completed and things are already underway.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am a Service Planner of www.ijji.com. The site launched this past July and we offer more than 50 multiplayer online games. We are excited to add Gunz: The Duel to our portfolio of games.

www.ijji.com will be operating the new GunZ: The Duel service with servers hosted in North America. We expect to start closed beta testing late October. The closed beta will be a week long test and be opened for 24 hours. In order to let closed beta testers see all of the new GunZ, we will accelerate the XP and bounty systems so that closed beta participants can level up and earn bounty faster.

Upon completion of the closed beta, a database reset will occur. The server will be closed the following week. The week after that the open beta testing period will begin. At this time, everyone should be quick to sign up and reserve their character IDs.

Before I get into the details about the services we are planning for the North American opening, I would like thank you for supporting the game. None of what ijji.com and Maiet plan to provide you, the fans, would be possible without the vibrant community that you have grown and maintained in the face of adversity.

Ever since I was assigned to this project I have been trying my best to learn as much about the game I possibly can. I was very excited to see how strong the Gunz International server community was. I have been reading the forums, playing the game, basically trying to immerse myself in the game as much as possible. I truly believe that in order to successfully do my job, I need to know all the facets of the game and the people who play it. I am a gamer and have played games my whole life. Games are a passion, a hobby, and also happen to be my job. I promise to do my best to serve the current GunZ community the best I can.

Having said all this, I would like to go in a little bit more detail what exactly GunZ: The Duel on www.ijji.com has to offer.

North American Servers:

A lag free game is one of the main goals for any online game no matter the platform, type of game, or location of servers. With servers located in North America, all users should experience a much better gameplay experience in terms of latency.

Migration:

There will be no IP blocking for GunZ: The Duel on ijji.com. Unfortunately, this also means that there will be NO TRANSFER of Game IDs or Game Accounts from the International Servers or any other countriesâ?? server to the new ijji GunZ service. Account migration is extremely complicated from a technical standpoint because ijji.com is a site that is already in service with many, many active accounts.

Game Modes:

In addition to the standard game modes which you are familiar with there are more on the way.

1) The Quest Mode,

This mode is currently in the original version of the game. It will be available on GunZ at ijji.com. It will also be updated going forward as well.

2) Clan Channel

An upgraded Clan system will be available on Gunz at ijji.com. In addition to the channel, many Clan features will be available through the web. Stay tuned for more details about these features.

3) Duel Match

Some of you may have heard about this mode. It is the perfect mode for players to show off their skills on an individual basis. This mode is currently in the original version and will be available in the North American version as well.

Individual Statistical Rankings:

We plan to offer a service which will track all individual user achievements and implement a ranking system.

Hackers:

Hacking is another major problem in online games. We will do our best to combat this problem.

Please let me know what you think about these plans. I hope this preview will help generate interest for ijji.comâ??s North American release of GunZ: The Duel.

Iâ??ll keep you posted here as time goes on. However, all official announcements and service related issues will be posted at www.ijji.com. Thanks for your interest!

And this following message brought to attention by Guntrix about the above message:

This message was delievered directly from the manager of ijji.com

Please feel free to quote this announcement on nother forums as well.
It would be nice if these words broadly spread over whole GUNZ community.
More information will be added on ijji.com soon.

Also, this is the last post of mine about the new version.
Further notoces and accouncements will be manageed by ijji.com staff.

Thank you for loving GUNZ.
Guntrix

For more information, go to:

http://www.gunzonline.com/
http://www.ijji.com/
http://www.gunzfactor.com/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:57:55 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2006, 07:31:01 AM »
yeah that version seems to have a whole lot of new stuff i saw a trailer with a guy weilding a greatsword besides some more fun costumes, and finnally the quest mode >_<, im not sure if ull have to pay or not cos in the news they call it "comercial version" but in the load screen it says "Gunz is a game that you can play free forever" so its confusing  &lt;_&lt; , anyways i dont think ill play gunz anymore once nwn 2, dark messiah of might and magic and gothic 3 come out cos... im gonna get all 3!!!!!  :D

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2006, 01:31:02 PM »
Looks like the NA version is finally up and running!

Check it out!
http://gunz.ijji.com/

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2006, 03:23:02 PM »
Looks like the NA version is finally up and running!

Check it out!
http://gunz.ijji.com/
[snapback]32731[/snapback]
Does it cost anything?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2006, 04:01:24 PM »
Looks as free as can be, I'm not sure if they got some beta event going on right now or what's going on, but it's downloadable finally. I already dled it. ^^

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
Gunz
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2007, 07:52:46 AM »
ok i know im a few months late but do you guys still play? i just started playing few days ago, got a level 18. its very addictive. im a dagger user btw  :lol:

edit: 19 now, should be 20 soon
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 01:55:56 PM by Cannixxxx »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »
ok i know im a few months late but do you guys still play? i just started playing few days ago, got a level 18. its very addictive. im a dagger user btw  :lol:
[snapback]33643[/snapback]
I tried installing it on my new computer but I think I was trying to install the old version so I couldn't connect to the server. I'll try the link that HeLL posted in this thread and see if I can get it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »
Alright what is with this gimpy half-assed game?!?!?

I download the fucking "GunzInstaller.exe" and run it. The game installs (I assume) and I got the Gunz icon on my desktop. When I click on the Gunz icon FUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER opens to the Gunz website. What in the fuck is wrong with these people I just want to play the fucking game?!?!?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2007, 03:50:54 PM »
If you're talking about the North American version, 420, you have to go to ijji.com, register an account, and to play, you must play using your internet explorer browser. If you would prefer Firefox, just ask, and I'll provide a link in how to make it possible when it's not supposed to be.

Unfortunately, for some odd reason, the NA version just laggs alot for me, so I do not play it often, I stick around International from time to time, and I still get lagg, but it's server lagg and everyone else gets it too. I-GunZ just runs way better for me, for some reason. The whole browser/play deal, is fucking retarded in my opinion, and I do not like it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »
The whole browser/play deal, is fucking retarded in my opinion, and I do not like it.
[snapback]33646[/snapback]
Exactly how I feel, I figured it out eventually. NA version seems fine, certain players lag but I got to level 6 pretty quick.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
i liked gunz but they made all the new costumes/weapons have to be bought with real money which pisses me off and makes it unfair to the rest since new swords are overpowered, so i went from playing everyday to like once a week.

btw cannixxx daggers suck try to learn bf (butterfly) with sword :P

i have 2 lvl 20s on na gunz and a lvl 25, lvl 20 and like 3 lvl 15s on igunz lol and i only played with swords and can do nearly everything with them, less some very hard moves

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gunz
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
Daggers rule.
Swords rule.
Kodachi's rule.

My opinion: Personal preference and style, every weapon has equal kickassedness, it depends on the user. If you think daggers suck, it's probably just that you suck with daggers.