Author Topic: Question  (Read 6444 times)

Offline Who The Man

• View Profile
    • http://
Question
« on: April 05, 2005, 05:02:54 AM »
What's the point of the trashcan forum?
And there's two ROSE Online redirected forum things, might want to delete one of them...

Edit: And why are there Sub Forums in the Trash Can forum?

Edit 2: I believe everyone already knows that the server forum has been moved to NWN General, I suggest deleting the Server redirecting thing and just make a short note in the News and Announcements Forum.

Edit 3: You might want to move the ROSE Online thing to the Role Playing Category, and delete the guilds forum, because apparently nobody is posting there.

Edit 4: Maybe you should, maybe you shouldn't, but maybe you should move WoW and Guildwars to General Role playing? And then make all of the Guild Wars Forums into sub forums?

More edits shall come!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 05:21:12 AM by Who The Man »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 07:19:54 AM »
And there's two ROSE Online redirected forum things, might want to delete one of them...

Edit 2: I believe everyone already knows that the server forum has been moved to NWN General, I suggest deleting the Server redirecting thing and just make a short note in the News and Announcements Forum.

Edit 3: You might want to move the ROSE Online thing to the Role Playing Category, and delete the guilds forum, because apparently nobody is posting there.

Edit 4: Maybe you should, maybe you shouldn't, but maybe you should move WoW and Guildwars to General Role playing? And then make all of the Guild Wars Forums into sub forums?

More edits shall come!
[snapback]20881[/snapback]

To origanal post: to put deleted topics in. if we ever need them again as reference, they are still there.

To Edit 1: those were deleted subforums

To Edit 2: Someone might be stupid and not know that.

To Edit 4: No that shouldn't happen because they are their own games, and if you did you would have to move NWN into it also, because it is based on D&D which is a roleplaying game. plus Guild Wars has some specific PvP parts

-Lord Elessar

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Question
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 09:41:50 AM »

[snapback]20881[/snapback]

1) The trashcan is where deleted topics go, d'uh. Oh, and there's only one redirect forum.

2) Deleted forums.

3) Stupid reasoning there... not everyone will know...

4) ROSE is not Role Playing only. Guilds will stay, they might be needed in, say, GW.

5) No.

~Celestial
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 09:43:11 AM by Celestial1 »
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Who The Man

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 11:30:41 AM »
To origanal post: to put deleted topics in. if we ever need them again as reference, they are still there.

To Edit 1: those were deleted subforums

To Edit 2: Someone might be stupid and not know that.

To Edit 4: No that shouldn't happen because they are their own games, and if you did you would have to move NWN into it also, because it is based on D&D which is a roleplaying game. plus Guild Wars has some specific PvP parts
-Lord Elessar
[snapback]20884[/snapback]

Okay, first, What makes a website get deleted? My first guess would be if it's breaking the rules, otherwise it should be left where it was. If it is breaking the rules then it is probabaly something bad. If it's something bad then it is most likely unwanted on this site. Therefore no point in making the trash can. Why make a category for old topics, or topics that have just been randomly selected?

Again what is the point to have deleted sub forums?

If someone wonders where the Server forum went, maybe he/she would be sensible enough to check out the Announcements topic?

Offline Who The Man

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 11:37:46 AM »
1) The trashcan is where deleted topics go, d'uh. Oh, and there's only one redirect forum.

4) ROSE is not Role Playing only. Guilds will stay, they might be needed in, say, GW.

~Celestial
[snapback]20888[/snapback]

1: Why delete topics?

4: I believe it would make more sense to be in the Role PLaying category rather than the other category, but fine whatever. In case you haven't checked the Index of this board for more than 10 seconds i'll let you in on a little secret, there is already a forum for Guild Wars guilds. Of course there *might* be a possibility someone would like to post in that forum, but why not make a hundred forums such as: Mouse Forum- If you have a problem with any pests in your house then post here! Battery Forum- Wondering if you should be regular Duracel or Duracel Ultra? Well this is the forum for you! Hunting Forum- Are you hunting for water fowl? Post here for tips on shooting, cooking, and eating!

Edit: Btw I don't know why there's a forum dedicated to ROSE Online, when it's got a whole board dedicated to it :blink:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 11:42:23 AM by Who The Man »

Offline Celestial1

• View Profile
    • Email
Question
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »
Okay, first, What makes a website get deleted? My first guess would be if it's breaking the rules, otherwise it should be left where it was. If it is breaking the rules then it is probabaly something bad. If it's something bad then it is most likely unwanted on this site. Therefore no point in making the trash can. Why make a category for old topics, or topics that have just been randomly selected?

Again what is the point to have deleted sub forums?

If someone wonders where the Server forum went, maybe he/she would be sensible enough to check out the Announcements topic?

"What makes a website get deleted": Assuming you mean topic or post, it would be breaking the rules. We only delete things that we feel need to be deleted.

Deleted subforums: A guild is left for dead. (eg. KoZ or O'hana or Pink Posse) The subforum is then thrown away because it is not needed.

Server forum: Since when does News & Announcements say "Check here to find out where the NWN server forums like GodSpire and Throbbleserv went!" in the description? Think on that a bit, then let me know.

1: Why delete topics?

4: I believe it would make more sense to be in the Role PLaying category rather than the other category, but fine whatever. In case you haven't checked the Index of this board for more than 10 seconds i'll let you in on a little secret, there is already a forum for Guild Wars guilds. Of course there *might* be a possibility someone would like to post in that forum, but why not make a hundred forums such as: Mouse Forum- If you have a problem with any pests in your house then post here! Battery Forum- Wondering if you should be regular Duracel or Duracel Ultra? Well this is the forum for you! Hunting Forum- Are you hunting for water fowl? Post here for tips on shooting, cooking, and eating!

1) Uhm, d'uh, they break rules and/or aren't wanted/needed.

4) No, who says GW or WoW is strictly role play? And NWN is an RPG, why didn't you say that it should go and fill up Role Playing to no freaking end?

~Celestial
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 11:51:34 AM by Celestial1 »
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Offline Who The Man

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 12:07:53 PM »
"What makes a website get deleted": Assuming you mean topic or post, it would be breaking the rules. We only delete things that we feel need to be deleted.

Deleted subforums: A guild is left for dead. (eg. KoZ or O'hana or Pink Posse) The subforum is then thrown away because it is not needed.

Server forum: Since when does News & Announcements say "Check here to find out where the NWN server forums like GodSpire and Throbbleserv went!" in the description? Think on that a bit, then let me know.
1) Uhm, d'uh, they break rules and/or aren't wanted/needed.

4) No, who says GW or WoW is strictly role play? And NWN is an RPG, why didn't you say that it should go and fill up Role Playing to no freaking end?

~Celestial
[snapback]20912[/snapback]

For Number 4, I meant the ROSE Online thread,, but as I thought about it more I wondered what was the point of it? There's already a huge website for it, why make a small forum for it?

Yes I meant topics. Instead of moving the topics to the trash, why not Lock or actually delete the thread so it won't be seen again? I'm pretty sure you don't want threads breaking the rules on this website....

Offline Celestial1

• View Profile
    • Email
Question
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 12:15:06 PM »
The ROSE online forum is not role play, and it's not for the role playing part of ROSE, and the forum under Random Ranting was put there by mistake.

Locking the thread we still do. We delete more posts than topics I believe, and if a member tries to come back at us, we have reference for what they did in the past which they can deny all they want.

~Celestial

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 11:19:43 PM »
Battery Forum- Wondering if you should be regular Duracel or Duracel Ultra?
OMGWTFBBQ WE NEED A BATTERY FORUM

that question will haunt me for the rest of my days...

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Question
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 09:44:55 AM »
go Ravoc Ni-MH :P
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Question
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 09:58:32 AM »
Energizer pwns all the competition :P
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles