Author Topic: Mel  (Read 31624 times)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2005, 10:31:57 PM »
@Anheg
Well you wouldnt remember Rasham :) he is from SoU days. He is needless to say hiding from people he used to know. lol. On a rare occasion I have spoken with him, but rare as of late.

@ Mel

Well, I dont want to butt into this, but I am tired of seeing you posting the same thing. You arent a DM now, so what, nor a part of the LM team, again so what. All this endless posting you are making is just tiring and pointless. Nothing you say will change what has happened and will happen in the future. Perhaps if you just sat back and enjoyed time here things will eventually come around. So please stop whining. No offense, but its annoying me and Im sure others. Btw, Siren was talon :P.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2005, 10:38:42 PM »
No offense, but its annoying me and Im sure others.
[snapback]20860[/snapback]
The only opinion I'll add is that the majority of this thread would have been better served by PMs. People find this annoying for various reasons, and most folks could have been spared.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 07:49:34 AM »
@Mel

I read the whole post . That's what I meant when I said I totally agree with you , and btw the thread doesn't explain anything .

Though I cannot totally , like a lot of people , give my opinion because of the Dm fear ( bans , kick , etc ) . I already got banned once for giving my opinion .

I'll say again that I totally agree with you that's all .
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 07:50:41 AM by Maxou »
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Mel
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 06:50:08 AM »
*Yawn* Who cares.. Its a game. Aye I miss Rash =( But I know why he left.. And I doubt it would shock you looking at this shit spread all over teh board.

Xen.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2005, 07:25:08 AM »
Right...and what did you talk about before this "shit"? The only thing I see is the pointless spammers like Khadgar, Hell, and Zen, at least Zen tends to restrain himself and stay in Random Ranting.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:05:31 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline kanrei

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2005, 02:51:32 PM »
Time for the old timer to chime in....

There is no "Old God Spire team" per say.  Unless you are speaking of the Decius, Celestin, Talos, Raptre and ??? group.  They were the original DM's of God Spire.  I was a second or third teer DM, added on four months after God Spire started.  Of those DMs, who is left.  NONE.  God Spire evolves.  It changes with time.  When I started at God Spire, it was the Halls of Advanced Training map and filled with hackers and randomers.  There were no scripts to protect people and no duel managers.  Decius added the first scripts to strip items and people freaked out and yelled about how God Spire was changing.  Then Decius changed the DM line up and people yelled how God Spire was changing for the worse.  People were beyond pissed that he made me a DM.  Then, Evil unnamed joined as a DM, took over for Decius, and things changed more.  People were pissed at Evil unnamed and wanted Decius back even though they were pissed at his changes too.  Decius returned and made more changes.  People wanted Evil unnamed back.  Then came Talon, and he made more changes.  Decius retired and people were pissed.  Talon added mroe scripts to keep things fair and created the duel manager.  People hated the duel manager at first.  
Every single DM that has ever been added has been hated by atleast some of the players and every change that has happened has been hated by atleast some of the players.   Mel said she was not going to play as much anymore, Mo needed a DM to be there.  When I retired, I was fully prepared to return to not being a DM.  When my daughter Calia vanished, she knew she would not be a DM any longer.  When ??? left, one of the original God Spire DM's btw, he returned as a player, not a DM.  Mo has a difficult job with a lot of pressure.  He is supporting God Spire now and things will change.  What Talon expected from his DMs and what Decius expected from his does not apply.  God Spire has survived as long as it has because it changes to meet the needs of its current players.  Sometimes, we will not like the changes that happen.  I have not liked every change, but no player will ever know which changes I liked and which I did not.  A DM must keep these things between themselves and other DM's only.  To the players, everything must be calm, nice, and in agreement.  While I did not know Mel all that well, this was the wrong forum for this conversation between her and Mo.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2005, 06:03:56 PM »
Right...and what did you talk about before this "shit"? The only thing I see is the pointless spammers like Khadgar, Hell, and Zen, at least Zen tends to restrain himself and stay in Random Ranting.
[snapback]21240[/snapback]

*Glares at Anheg* Does this look like spam to you???   Nevermind don't answer that...

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2005, 06:27:51 PM »
*Glares at Anheg* Does this look like spam to you???   Nevermind don't answer that...
[snapback]21258[/snapback]
Actualy, if you actualy wrote something in response instead of that load of poo, it would not have been spam because you were responding to something I said.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2005, 10:21:16 PM »
Kanrei ------ W00T

Every single DM that has ever been added has been hated by atleast some of the players and every change that has happened has been hated by atleast some of the players.

With as much respect and tradition as I can muster....I hate you Mo!

*cries tears of joy*

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2005, 11:29:06 PM »
I couldn't have said it better Taar ;) not that I'd take the time to post something that long here anyway =P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2005, 12:50:46 AM »
Actualy, if you actualy wrote something in response instead of that load of poo, it would not have been spam because you were responding to something I said.
[snapback]21261[/snapback]
I did that on purpose.  :P

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2005, 01:53:01 AM »
Kanrei ------ W00T
With as much respect and tradition as I can muster....I hate you Mo!

*cries tears of joy*
[snapback]21268[/snapback]

I hate you all  :rolleyes:

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 06:11:41 AM »
Hmmm okay I'll add my opinions and questions to this discussion (even if I don't fully understand everything that is being said - hey I'm german but my english is much better than your german LOL) I recognized this thread today so I appologize if I am not fully up to date  :huh:

Okay it seems to be about mel. I don't care if she is a girl or a boy, doesn't matter to me! When I first met her on GodSpire I think she was sent and our first encounter wasn't a good one  :blink: As far as I remember I was randoming her and I was pretty mad because I couldn't do any damage to her character  :D
Whatever happened she didn't loose her temper and she gave me a new chance everytime and that's more you can expect from any other sent on GodSpire.
Then things went better and I played by the rules. Time passed and some of you know that Morticia gave up Antes and Alkti was trying to rebuild it. I rejoined Antes and we tried to create a homeworld for our clan (now called a "tribe")
As you may know it has become what is now called the legitBehave or JustBehave-Server  :) The rules are very similar to those on GodSpire and still lots is different there.
It would not be the same without her continous help. She tried to find bugs and helped us with lots of scripts. One day I asked her if she want to be sent because I found her very reasonable. She never did anything that would have caused any troubles or problems or whatever so things were going very well.
All of our tribe members who know her respect mel! Okay why do I post all this here? I met mel some days ago and she told me she was going to be less online as usual and may even stop playing nwn  :( So that was very sad news, because I got very used to her presence and I don't know if I would like NWN the same way I did before when she wasn't there...
I can't understand why someone is removed as DM only because he is less online on the server as he used to be. I thought there were more than one DM so it shouldn't be a problem if someone has some other important things to do in RL.
By the way, by all that power every sent on GodSpire possesses, why do they need a DM???  :huh:
Well, i know things are changing as time goes by and there is nothing you can do about it. But as mel said, there was a time GodSpire was much better as it is right now.
I am not the only one who thinks like that.
For me Mo is a bit hard to understand why he acts like that to mel but well, I don't have to understand everything  ;)
It's sad that players like mel are treated like that and others (now I'm thinking of some sents which I won't mention here) who are doing a bad job as sent are not being treated for that.
Ok, right now I don't know what I should add to my post. I just wanted to add some of my thoughts to the board...think about it what you want, do with it what you like... B)
Whatever will happen to you mel, I really hope to see you once in a while! It'll bring some warm sunrays in my nwn-world!  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 06:13:31 AM by Daniel1975 »
G[/span][span style=\'color:orange\']w[/span][span style=\'color:yellow\']y[/span][span style=\'color:green\']d[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']i[/span][span style=\'color:purple\']on[/span] - Slann [span style=\'color:red\']Lord[/span] of the [span style=\'color:green\']Antediluvians

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 07:22:52 AM »
that's more you can expect from any other sent on GodSpire.
?
others (now I'm thinking of some sents which I won't mention here) who are doing a bad job as sent are not being treated for that.
Whas ur beef?
she told me she was going to be less online as usual and may even stop playing nwn
I am not sure how your priorities go, but RL is more important than a game most of the time.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 08:18:06 AM »
?
Whas ur beef?
 I am not sure how your priorities go, but RL is more important than a game most of the time.
[snapback]23060[/snapback]

Anheg, you can't just take a few sentences and put them out of their context and then write a short question or reply to them. You have to read the whole text and most important, you have to understand what I am trying to say.
Of course real life is more important than a game, I never said anything else did I?
G[/span][span style=\'color:orange\']w[/span][span style=\'color:yellow\']y[/span][span style=\'color:green\']d[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']i[/span][span style=\'color:purple\']on[/span] - Slann [span style=\'color:red\']Lord[/span] of the [span style=\'color:green\']Antediluvians

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »
For me Mo is a bit hard to understand why he acts like that to mel but well, I don't have to understand everything  ;)
It's sad that players like mel are treated like that and others (now I'm thinking of some sents which I won't mention here) who are doing a bad job as sent are not being treated for that.

[snapback]23059[/snapback]

I read the whole, thing, just so you know. If you have a problem with a sent or sents. Then post it in the sents forum. There is more than one reason for the removal of Mel. Mo had his reasons, if he doesnt wish to tell you them all, then he doesnt have to. Its as simple as that. :)
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 09:45:34 AM »
I read the whole, thing, just so you know. If you have a problem with a sent or sents. Then post it in the sents forum. There is more than one reason for the removal of Mel. Mo had his reasons, if he doesnt wish to tell you them all, then he doesnt have to. Its as simple as that. :)
[snapback]23064[/snapback]

If you would have read the whole text then you would have noticed that I wrote "... but I don't have to understand everything"  :) and that would have made your post quite useless!
And if any sent abuses his powers or even randoms then I still won't post it here. It's not my job to do that, it's the job of the owner or host of the module to watch his sents and DMs. I do the same with our module so it can't be so hard  :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 09:48:08 AM by Daniel1975 »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 09:57:04 AM »
There is more than one reason for the removal of Mel. Mo had his reasons, if he doesnt wish to tell you them all, then he doesnt have to. Its as simple as that. :)
[snapback]23064[/snapback]
Whatever the reazon, he could have said something to me.

I tought a dm, and person who cares about the communety, deserved better than that. A banned person is told the reazon, but I'm not. Nonetheless that I asked Mo's reaction before he did remove me.

Anyway, I still wonder how it's acceptable to remove a dm without a single word.  You know I do, Mercry.

-Mel

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2005, 10:05:52 AM »
I read the whole thing and it (to me at least) is comprised of a lot of whining about Mel leaving and you dont like the way that Godspire handles the new people.

It is not Mo's job to watch everyone ever waking second. We makes people Sents and DMs because they are good people and he trusts their judgement, if you disagree with a sent or feel that they are indeed abusing their authority, then by all means, post what you see wrong. Do not  just sit there, whine about the sents, and then refuse to give any details.

Yes, I agree that Mel was a good person. I liked talking to her, but it was Mo's call.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »
Eh, I disagree that posting complains about sents in here would be a good idea. If I recall well, then it's one of the GodSpire rules to tell a dm the complains. A public post doesn't fits into that I think.

I would recommend to pm one of the (active) dm's, or talk to them on GodSpire about sents.

And as I'm taking Arivs down, I'll check Lm time to time (I daily check it). So you still can talk to me :)

-Mel

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2005, 11:24:43 AM »
No really, wether it is a Godspire rule or not, I won't tell anyone which sent is bad or whatever. As I just said, I - as the hoster of our mod - I'm watching what's going on there (Ante Homeworld) and have a look regulary! So, as I just said, it can't be difficult  :)
And I never complained about it. I just wrote it (NO COMPLAINT!)
And I am not whining about mel, you couldn't be more wrong! It's just that I respect her like a good person (even if I don't know anything about her in RL)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 11:26:12 AM by Daniel1975 »

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2005, 02:59:46 PM »
i assume Nara plays on dif timezone... because ive never seen him/her.. :)

@ Xen

I miss Rasham to... now that was a DM you could have fun with...  :D  *misses the massive moving stoned players parties..*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:05:20 PM by Hubba Bubba »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2005, 08:33:42 PM »
I always thought Mel was cool, he's a good guy, but I know a HeLL of alot better than to ask, question, or try to reason with Mo, about him being gone. Mo has his reasons, and in my opinion, nobody really needs to know them but him. I don't see what your trying to do posting Gwyd, I don't see why you should have any complaints at all about GodSpire. You don't even come here, and when you do, you walk in, start a duel, then run away and leave when you begin to lose. Your members random, and get banned for causing trouble, except for a few.

I guess that's all I gotta say, it was totally pointless bringing this thread back to life, Gwyd. :glare:

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2005, 12:24:28 AM »
ok if u have a problem with the sents pm a dm or make a thread in the sents section of the lm.  and i dont see why this was brought back after a month :blink:

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2005, 12:43:06 AM »
A banned person is told the reazon

hahah ya right do you know a guy named Tolar.  He is a great example of the morals I wish I had the balls to follow.
What I like about GodSpire is that it's not some "percieved" totalitarian government on some huge astrological sized "domination of the world" project tour.
We are still talking about a game right? And if we're all just little sprites on a screen why are we so bent on a social hierarchy of how  our words/text looks to others? So I suggest we all act as though we could never type our thoughts and exspose it to others; accept it as that.

"go back to sleep my lill sheepe"

"knits a sweater*
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:28:04 AM by Meclar »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2005, 04:07:44 AM »
hahah ya right do you know a guy named Tolar.  He is a great example of the morals I wish I had the balls to follow.
What I like about GodSpire is that it's not some "percieved" totalitarian government on some huge astrological sized "domination of the world" project tour.
We are still talking about a game right? And if we're all just little sprites on a screen why are we so bent on a social hierarchy of how  our words/text looks to others? So I suggest we all act as though we could never type our thoughts and exspose it to others; accept it as that.

"go back to sleep my lill sheepe"

"knits a sweater*
[snapback]23110[/snapback]

Astronomical not astrological
and we are polygons not sprites   :tease:

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005, 12:00:24 PM »
the divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs and terrestrial events by their positions and aspects

astrological

a disembodied spirit

sprite

I was going for the abstract meaning

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »
astrological
sprite

I was going for the abstract meaning
[snapback]23117[/snapback]

Ah well then. Still astronomical denotes size, while astrological denotes an abstract ideaology, not really useful in comparing frames of reference of comparible sizes.

And I thought you ment sprites, as in the computer graphic terms of the construction of 2D graphics, where as polygons are used in the construction of 3D graphics.  :pardon:

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2005, 03:08:41 PM »
*shrugs*

sounded good at the time

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2005, 07:28:32 AM »
I always thought Mel was cool, he's a good guy, but I know a HeLL of alot better than to ask, question, or try to reason with Mo, about him being gone. Mo has his reasons, and in my opinion, nobody really needs to know them but him. I don't see what your trying to do posting Gwyd, I don't see why you should have any complaints at all about GodSpire. You don't even come here, and when you do, you walk in, start a duel, then run away and leave when you begin to lose. Your members random, and get banned for causing trouble, except for a few.

I guess that's all I gotta say, it was totally pointless bringing this thread back to life, Gwyd. :glare:
[snapback]23100[/snapback]

if it was so pointless as you are saying HeLL then why did you post here?! You only showed me that I don't need to talk to you anymore because it's just useless!
And you know nothing about our members! So don't talk about them in such a way! And about randoming HeLL, you ain't doing better! You don't have any right to point your finger at others!
And the fact that so many posted here again shows one thing:
Even after a month there still seems to be things that need to be talked about.
May be the admins of this forum should have closed this thread if anything had been said about this but it doesn't seemed to be.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 07:33:28 AM by Daniel1975 »