Author Topic: Mel  (Read 31129 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »
@Meclar
I not really get why I'm metioned with technical support concerning GodSpire. As far I know, I barley had the possibility to help GodSpire on this point. Actually the poeple running GodSpire now made clear that they don't want me to help them at all. If you read the post here, and you know that I'm removed as dm not long afther that, then it's more than clear. Also, removing me seems me something relevant, but I never saw anything from Mo. Something I dislike a lot.

I don't like mindless pvp, neither I like standing on a square, waiting to get randomed. (things I can do in GodSpire right now), I'm happy that the things about Cm showed up, it keeps a bit live in this place for me. I always wondered what Cm was like since I saw a few players during the switch to patch 1.64.

You mention me with technical support and GodSpire while I barley did anything in that direction. It's not even something like "hosting Arivs while GodSpire is down".

Nothing wrong with what you said , but it pretty much shows how I waste my time.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »
Actually the poeple running GodSpire now made clear that they don't want me to help them at all. If you read the post here, and you know that I'm removed as dm not long afther that, then it's more than clear. Also, removing me seems me something relevant, but I never saw anything from Mo. Something I dislike a lot.

[snapback]20122[/snapback]

Ok if you are asking for an explanation here it is.  There were many reasons for that decision.  I will only mention the top few:

1) You said you would not be around GodSpire as often as you had been (you were still DM when you said that)
2) I can not communicate with you, I am now making an educated guess that you want an explanation.
3) "neither I like standing on a square, waiting to get randomed. (things I can do in GodSpire right now)"  That's a great quote.  You just insulted every player on the server.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 01:02:37 AM »
@Mo
I said that, I'm only active for 3 hours a day on nwn now. And I can't really help much on my english. Also I'm human (read: not perfect, I make mistakes too). Nr3 is a bit weird. I could have chosen my words better, that's true. It's not like I try to insult anyone. But that a quote to a recent post of me is one of the top reazons that I'm removed, is something I don't understand. Also I could give a list, with things I've done for GodSpire and the communety, like hosting a temporary server while GodSpire was down. But it wouldn't contain anything you don't know already.

I'm not on nwn, just to play the game. Or to play some pvp. (that's what I mean with 'standing on a square', it's not my thing). I like to do something more for the communety, I always did. And you made it nearly impossible for me to do this, including on Lm. Also, that post I made, that I was going to be less active. Was a bit feedback, and was there because I felt that I wasn't going to be dm for long anyway. From the moment Talon made me dm, a few players, had more than a few problems with it. Altough me and Tolar in one team probably won't give problems, it also can be quite explosive I think.

I don't want to be dm in the GodSpire like it's now. Too much changed anyway, like the dm team, the system, the players. It's still GodSpire, but I don't feel home there anymore, also I miss a lot of poeple. I not really see what I can do in here now, there isn't anything to do about Cm for me anymore, niether for the ante server. Probably I'll give a person or two a hand with scripting, but that's about evrything left in here for me.

Lucky I still have good memorys of the past. I don't know how others think of it, but I wouldn't have any problem with a day GodSpire like it was around july 2004.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 03:46:59 PM »
i remembered when i came at godspire 1 of the first things i noticed was melisa.
Nara probably has the capacibilities of being dm but so has melisa.
anyhow its just a fact. The way i read this and other mentioned writings about mel subject it seems to me melisa does not neccesarily wanna regain dm status but wants a better explanation why she was removed.
The way i read it its just some powerplay, angerment or envy from mo towards melisa. i dont know the reasons and i could be wrong. its just, those reasons u said earlier are not the right reasons to do it.

anyhow , my advice: meet in person (i mean characters or so) and talk this over.

u probably respond with ur no longer on godspire etc.
but i was just giving some advice and made my statement.
[snapback]20580[/snapback]

I believe I gave the reasons in plain English.  If you no longer want to play on Godspire then you can no longer be DM.  Calia (who happens to be one of my closest friends on nwn) was removed recently for this very same reason (lack of playing).  If you wanna think i do things for personal reasons or because I am "envious" (which I never am) then all I have to say to that is "please indulge yourself".

I make decisions based on what is best for GodSpire.  That's all. There is a reason why Talon trusted me with the mod.  So please do not publicly attack my motivations.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 03:47:40 PM by Mo »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 06:09:21 PM »
Eh well,

I have back acces to Lm (other words, skins are back, tell me if something is wrong with them)

Also I never have been unactive on GodSpire, it happens that I don't log a day, and I also don't log 8 hours a day anymore. But ok... I think nobody does that. And I don't plan to leave GodSpire, exept if you guys ban me out or something.

If poeple want me back as dm, they are free to start a poll like this one. (Nathan probably will nuke it, but well)  I'm not going to ask anyone to be sent/dm or whatever. Never did that, and also never will do that.

And basicly, I don't think there was a reazon to remove me. Exept that I'm a evil little girl somethimes :P (sorry for whatever I did)

Just like with Cm, I'm already happy that some things are sloved here too.

(btw, thx for the idea 420, it did help)

-Mel
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 06:13:47 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
    • http://
Mel
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 09:17:16 AM »
I believe I gave the reasons in plain English.  If you no longer want to play on Godspire then you can no longer be DM.  Calia (who happens to be one of my closest friends on nwn) was removed recently for this very same reason (lack of playing).  If you wanna think i do things for personal reasons or because I am "envious" (which I never am) then all I have to say to that is "please indulge yourself".

I make decisions based on what is best for GodSpire.  That's all. There is a reason why Talon trusted me with the mod.  So please do not publicly attack my motivations.
[snapback]20581[/snapback]

wasnt my intention to offend u btw.
just telling my opinion with what i read here. If u say thats none of u concerns i agree totaly mo. But i think if such discussion is posted on lucidmagic it means other people may give their opinion. Otherwise u pm that person.
O, and i was guessing what u were referring to the former posts, u c how wrong people can get when things like that are posted publicly.
last thing before i shut my mouth on nwn general for good.
Those 3 reasons u gave were not good reasons. If those were the real top 3 reasons almost all dms should had been kicked from GodSpire 1 time.
On the other hand, new owner of godspire so new policy.

(my opinion wich means nothing)
Roses are grey, violets are grey...
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 12:41:52 PM »
@Mort
Mm, well, I'll just give my point of view like it's now, without filtering things out that can offend poeple.

I don't think that saying it over and over will help. I lost quite a lot on both Lm and GodSpire without hearing1 single word about it. Now, I have what I lost back on Lm afther a pm to Mo with a sketch of the situation. But..

About the dm things,
Well, Mo said me that he can't add me as dm again, I should ask Nem to be sent ect...
Because of that, I think one of the real reazons (not that's a good one, and probalby the only) for the removal is, that some older players didn't like to see me as dm, before they were it. One of those, that also didn't bother to call me things because I was dm, is dm now, for example.

That I'm removed, like something not even worth to talk to, by those that run GodSpire now. Is more something like a small payback, and a few probably have a lot of fun with. I'm also asking myself questions if this is what Mo means with doing the best for GodSpire. Probably it's removing an active dm, that put a load of effort in the communety inluding the forums and things like building and hosting a temporary server for the players.

So, I think there's a serious lack of respect in GodSpire, and I'm very grateful for those reponisble for it. *couch*  They should put themself in my place and think how they would "like" this all.

Ow, and if you wonder, I'm trying to push some buttons elsewhere, I wouldn't like to see this in a extinguisher. It's also my good right to say this all.

@Mo
You think Bug would have removed Nara without saying a word?

Btw, just saw this on GodSpire: "Script x_dm_death, OID: ffffffd5, Tag: , ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS". Check that script or a include of it (maybe a loop that doesn't ends), overflows are bad. Or check your mailbox, there's probably a mail that I don't want you to miss.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 02:31:58 PM »
Thank for the script error.  I know about it and it's absolutely harmless.  I showed you today.

I don't understand why this conversations continues when I've been so clear on the matter.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 02:45:07 PM »
I don't understand why this conversations continues when I've been so clear on the matter.
[snapback]20632[/snapback]
Clear on the matter? You said nothing yet.... I have 100% the same feeling when asking Bug what is wrong on a lvl 17 origenal campain char that he post it as hacker, as when I as you why you removed me as dm. (and why you said me nothing)

In both cases there doesn't comes an answer either, and btw, did you even read what I posted up there? (that @Mort part isn't only for mort, otherwise I pm)

-Mel
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 02:46:06 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 03:32:58 PM »
Ok if you are asking for an explanation here it is.  There were many reasons for that decision.  I will only mention the top few:

1) You said you would not be around GodSpire as often as you had been (you were still DM when you said that)
2) I can not communicate with you, I am now making an educated guess that you want an explanation.
3) "neither I like standing on a square, waiting to get randomed. (things I can do in GodSpire right now)"  That's a great quote.  You just insulted every player on the server.
[snapback]20136[/snapback]

Please bring this thread back on topic

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 03:52:55 PM »
Please bring this thread back on topic
[snapback]20637[/snapback]
1) I didn't resign in it, I said that I would be less active, and offered to talk about it. You never did but just kicked me out.
2) I'm doing nothing else than trying to get an answer that makes sence, and doing nothing else than trying to talk.
3)Yep, of course you removed me as dm for a post I made way after you removed me. Got something to look in the future?

Then because you didn't post anything that make sence for my removal... I give a try to find why with this post. To mort.
Mm, well, I'll just give my point of view like it's now, without filtering things out that can offend poeple.

I don't think that saying it over and over will help. I lost quite a lot on both Lm and GodSpire without hearing1 single word about it. Now, I have what I lost back on Lm afther a pm to Mo with a sketch of the situation. But..

About the dm things,
Well, Mo said me that he can't add me as dm again, I should ask Nem to be sent ect...
Because of that, I think one of the real reazons (not that's a good one, and probalby the only) for the removal is, that some older players didn't like to see me as dm, before they were it. One of those, that also didn't bother to call me things because I was dm, is dm now, for example.

That I'm removed, like something not even worth to talk to, by those that run GodSpire now. Is more something like a small payback, and a few probably have a lot of fun with. I'm also asking myself questions if this is what Mo means with doing the best for GodSpire. Probably it's removing an active dm, that put a load of effort in the communety inluding the forums and things like building and hosting a temporary server for the players.

So, I think there's a serious lack of respect in GodSpire, and I'm very grateful for those reponisble for it. *couch* They should put themself in my place and think how they would "like" this all.

Ow, and if you wonder, I'm trying to push some buttons elsewhere, I wouldn't like to see this in a extinguisher. It's also my good right to say this all.
You're only trying to avoid my answer why you removed me. The only thing I want is that you're honnest and tell what's going on. Or better, in how far that qouted post is true. Is that so hard??

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 04:00:29 PM »
The fact that this thread is continuing like this is proving point #2.

I'm sorry you do not understand.  I can not explain it any better.

I will only add that the decision was not unilateral.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 04:47:27 PM »
The fact that this thread is continuing like this is proving point #2.
[snapback]20639[/snapback]
2) I can not communicate with you
Right.... It's funny that you can't answer a simple question from the moment you're talking to Mel.

But fine, as you can't answer, then that post to mort is probably very close to the reality. I wouldn't see any other reazon anyway. Pitty in fact, on most other things you're doing a nice job.

Ow btw, you soon will be able to say low activity was a reazon to remove me. That it's a lie will probably not matter to you.

I no longer wish to talk about it to you.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »

Ow btw, you soon will be able to say low activity was a reazon to remove me. That it's a lie will probably not matter to you.

-Mel
[snapback]20640[/snapback]

it came out of your own damned riddled mouth

gah! :blink:

I thought we could work together with LM but it's crystal clear that no collaboration can be possible with you.  I've answered your simple question about 5 times.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 05:17:54 PM »
it came out of your own damned riddled mouth

gah! :blink:

I thought we could work together with LM but it's crystal clear that no collaboration can be possible with you.  I've answered your simple question about 5 times.
[snapback]20643[/snapback]
I'm also surprized. In my post I said I was going to be less active, and that if you would think of removing me as dm, that this wasn't a problems to me if you gived me some feedback about it.

Then I got removed as dm, while I'm still active, more than others, and you even didn't bother to say 1 single word to me about it. (don't tell I have to log 8 hours evry day to be called active)

In my place, you also would have asked me, what was going on. You say you can't talk to me, but is that my fault if you even don't say you removed me, while I really asked for a bit feedback?

And you really don't see what's weird if you give as a reazon for your actions, something that did happen after it?

If I would have been unactive for weeks, and if I would have found a mail or pm where you said you removed me because of that, then I would have understand you completly. But this is absolutly not the case. And at the same time, I'm still offering you as many help as I can give. I think I've proven before that I can do something, and I only ask to get things back to normal in case this is one big misunderstanding on both sides.

If this really sounds like something of a other planet, then I also think that we can't work together at all.

-Mel
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 05:25:08 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 05:37:43 PM »
Ow, just want to add. If you want to remove evry right I have on Lm, then you have to remove the 4 in the colum mgroup_others located in the table ibf_members. I don't use the admincp to add that mask, so it doesn't shows there.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 06:55:49 PM »
Ow, just want to add. If you want to remove evry right I have on Lm, then you have to remove the 4 in the colum mgroup_others located in the table ibf_members. I don't use the admincp to add that mask, so it doesn't shows there.

-Mel
[snapback]20646[/snapback]

Thanks, already been done.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 07:42:45 PM by nathan »

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 07:44:06 PM »
uggg...

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2005, 08:30:40 PM »
uggg...
[snapback]20649[/snapback]
Ok, it's probably not good news for you. But don't mind about it. To me, it's fine like it's now. I have the answers I needed.

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 05:31:57 AM »
can't re-add someone as a DM? (ya, i just skimmed the posts...so i don't know if that was countered or not) that can't be right....can it...i mean a DB obviously holds that data...can't it be re-entered...i'm wondering cause i think i found a script-thingy on Vault that does something like the "Privlage" DB on GodSpire (ie: sents, DMs, etc) and i don't wanna put it in if i can't edit the DB

plus, i'm nosey about the scripting shiz ^_^
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 04:26:32 PM »
Khad, i think this is personal problem between Mo and Mel, leave it to them.

If anyone cares, I thought Mel was a fairly good DM
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 06:15:02 PM »
My opinion on this is, nobody is perfect. There is no way to make  everyone happy, there will always be someone who will be angry, sad, or displeased in some manner. Sometimes trying to fix a problem, makes a problem worse. You can never know the true outcome of a situation, until the situation has been resolved. Hopefully your disputes are over, and in the end, you can still be friends; it isn't really that big of a deal after all. =) There, that's my 2 sense.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 09:46:55 PM »
Eh well. Seems like it's welcome to say in short what happend and how it's now.

In a post I made a while ago, I said I would be less active, and that I didn't mind if I would lose rights on Lm or GodSpire because of that. I added that I would be polite to get a bit feedback if anything changed.

I was removed as dm, without a word. I also lost things on Lm, but that also has something to do with the move the site did.

After a while, because I didn't hear anything from Mo, I started to ask him questions like, why I was removed, and why I didn't hear anything about it.

Now I think I was removed because he did see the post about less activity as a resign. And I still don't know why I didn't hear anything about it, maybe he just didn't care.

Because I had and have a load of free time, and didn't hear anything from Mo, I asked if he could put evrything like it was before the post that started it. It seems like that was asking too much. Because it didn't end (that little flame war up there), the result was that I got removed completly. (before I had a bit left on Lm)

As I said in the post that started it, I don't mind that I'm removed. It just went a bit too fast, and the way it's done isn't exacly nice. Also, it shows that sloving things like this in a public forum in a flame war like way (including insults) isn't a good idea.

I won't log often on Lm and GodSpire anymore, just time to time to see how it's going. There isn't much more left to do for me.

For the rest, I can add for Khadgar that it's not a technical problem with the database. (sure things can be entered again)

-Mel

Offline Roncescal

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005, 04:50:46 AM »
Damn... ive just noticed this thread existence and makes me sad. Ill miss u Mel as DM (and i think other will do too).

Godspire has a long history that doesnt belong to us.

Ron.
"May the tree not prevent you from seeing the forest."
Ancient elven saying.

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2005, 01:28:23 PM »
Damn... ive just noticed this thread existence and makes me sad. Ill miss u Mel as DM (and i think other will do too).
Godspire has a long history that doesnt belong to us.
Ron.
[snapback]20833[/snapback]

I totally agree with Mel .
I miss Mel as a DM like Ron . I miss the old GodSpire DM team ( no offense Mo ) .

I guess I'll be kicked for that , even I don't write it in good english , but removing Mel from the LM team ( I guess, with my limited english , that's what Mo did ) has nothing to do with GodSpire and the fact Mel not being a DM anymore .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005, 02:14:23 PM »
Old DM Team
Taarna
Xen
Calia
Taffy
Raven
Throbble
Rashem

New DM Team
Taarna
Mo
Xen
Raven
Tolar
Celeras
Bus
Throbble
Nara

I know im missing a lot of people, but i cant remember who. Mel was sort of in the middle of the two 'team'. She became a DM after I got here, but isnt now. The Old was the DMs when i first came to GodSpire.

*shmack!* YOU MISSED ?BUS :P!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 09:01:22 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Nara

• MSN Messenger - drowmageforhire@yahoo.co.uk
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Nah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dogsquad.co.uk
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2005, 03:49:19 PM »
New DM Team
Taarna
Mo
Xen
Raven
Tolar
Celeras
[snapback]20842[/snapback]

Oi, you missed me. O.O *waves frantically*
How do you spot a CM-player in GodSpire?

Simple. Look for the only player that's not sidestepping all over the place.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2005, 05:00:47 PM »
You also missed 420 and Throbble.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Mel
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2005, 08:43:09 PM »
There are a load missing, but well. I just add what I know.

I was in a team with Talon, Mo, 420, Throbble, Taarna, Raven, Xen, Calia. I remeber Rashem as dm when I was sent, I saw Celoras, Tolar, Nem, Nara, Bus as dm's now. Also spoken to a dm from the old GodSpire, but can't even remeber his name, too long ago and only saw him a few times. And I leave Siren, Nathan out of this, and old dm's I never spoke to.

So, when I was sent (take since july 2004)  it probably was like:

Talon, 420, Throbble, Rashem, Raven, Xen, Taarna

Then (end sept 2004 or so) :

Talon, 420, Throbble, Raven, Xen, Melisa, Calia, Mo, Taarna

Now:

Talon (I guess), 420, Throbble, Raven, Xen, Mo, Taarna, Bus, Nara, Tolar, Nem, Celoras

@Maxou
I'm kicked as dm and from the lm team, and if you want to know why, read my previous post, I think it's a fair abstract of what happend. I also miss the dm team I was in, there was a good atmosphere, especially on the dm meeting. Bit sad that not all dm's were there and that it was the only meeting.

It's maybe a good idea for the current team to have a meeting time to time.

-Mel

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Mel
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2005, 09:00:02 PM »
Rashem? I was here in mid-May...i think... 2004 and I remember no Rashem...

The list was updated, i do feel kinda dumb but i was drawing a blank.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 09:00:43 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library: