Author Topic: Tasha's, bug or no?  (Read 6906 times)

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Tasha's, bug or no?
« on: July 14, 2004, 10:07:16 PM »
ok so I believe we last established that this isn't a bug to cast clarity then Tasha's. However since this information got lost and someone says mo banned/booted someone using tasha's and therefore it is a bug, I'd like to hear from sents if it's a bug or not.

I know it's lame and I myself don't use it, but today a guy used it on a randoming noob and some ppl freaked over the tasha's
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Tasha's, bug or no?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 12:27:26 AM »
It is a bug.

We determined that the only rules that allowed that combo were 2nd edition D&D rules.

Since NWN is 3E and 3E doesn't mention that combo working specifically it was ruled to be Bioware's lame implementation.

The problem is, "how" to fix it, which was where the discussion left off.

I think it should be a -4 penalty to saving throw if clarity is cast first.

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Tasha's, bug or no?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 04:02:39 AM »
There was also the fact that Clarity is not the only spell that allows this to work.  Lesser Mind Blank works as well, which has absolutely no justification for working (except maybe bioware used identical scripts with few adjustmetns for the two spells).

Seems there were a few other spells/feats/conditions that would allow tashas to pass savingthrows as well.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn