Author Topic: Circus Maximus  (Read 34871 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2005, 12:46:02 PM »
hahaha Ostap he's harmless. he's been active again the past couple of days.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2005, 01:38:44 PM »
I probably should have posted this before just to shed some light on the matter. Thanks for the attempt HeLL.

The following is from GodSpire's log database.

CD Key: QC4AYWDN

Account Names: hqbase, Godspire

Char Names:

1ostaps familiar of the Antediluvians

1ostap doraith quit the clan with a very long nam

assistant of Belog ostaph

EVI:L sANTA

7ostap#H

ostaps fun mage >doesnt duel<

3 ostap h old school sou build

7ostap#H old school sou build

EVI:L sANTA ostap!

ugly woman ostap lolLLLlol

7ostap#H old school sou build DORAITH

1ostap doraith co of bbk

1ostap co of bbk was leader of lod

1ostap coleader of ddk

EVI:L sANTA ostap! co leader of ddk

1ostap coleader of ddk guild EXAMINE ME

7ostap#H old school sou build co leader of ddk

1ostap coleader of ddk doesnt duel

i play you a song ostap co leader of ddk doesnt d

MR.Cherrios twin of goleb stewert of halls ostaph

1ostaps first wep master

1ostaps first wep master co leader of DDK

ostaps mini char test

assistant of Belog enforcer of GodSpire rules NOT ostap

1ostaps mini char test

1ostaps BLACK & WHITE 2 THE GAME BUY IT IN MARCH 2

millta of godspire :ostaph LoD

1ostaps DEAtH FROM above

1ostaps MR.evil

(following names used with the Godspire account)

DEATH ostap

SYTHER ostap

So, yeah it was ostap, no big secret. He obviously duels on a lot of servers. Like most players he simply relies on GodSpires filters to get rid of any illegal items. Unlike Circus Maximus we don't assume there is some grand conspiracy by another server to "raid", "crash" or "hack" GodSpire every time someone tries to log in with illegal items.

Congratulations to HeLL for your paranoid conspiracy, I actually considered the exact same thing last night but decided I was just buying into Bug Fixx's little fantasy.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 01:41:02 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2005, 08:16:20 PM »
I have taken quite a bit of time to read this(I think I started fourty-five minutes ago O.o), but I have finished.

First off, I want to state that I am pleased such progress has been made. I was only aware of a little bit of the progress(Don't worry, CM Players, that's just me.). However, I am quite surprised at the extent of some of these accusations and what they are based upon. It seems to me that there are two sides to Bug that have been directly and indirectly stated throughout this thread. One, Bug is constantly trying to better his server, which is quite understandable, and two, Bug is scared or nervous about/of something. He has some beef against Godspire that does not seem very clear to a lot of people, although some people think it is because of "raids" by Godspire players, but remember, CM players have "raided" Godspire as well. However, whether Bug's said behavior is recent or not, it is highly disrespectful, and it is deeply needed to be explained. Another thing that occured to me while reading this thread that in this "democracy"(I put it in quotes because I am not sure why you call it a democracy. I would greatly appreciate an explanation on this) Bug is infringing upon 420's right to freedom of speech as well as other's right to freedom of speech as well(Freedom of Speech is given in the First Ammendment to the American Constitution).

To my final point: All PvP Servers, whether uber, semi-uber, or legit, whether 100k or 500k, whether resists or no resists, whether 9ac, 12ac, or 20ac, should work together to bring about an understanding between eachother's playing styles, rules, their love for gaming, and, most importantly, their person, including their religion, gender, race, and age, as well as help eachother better themselves("themselves" being the servers). Of course, there are always rule-breakers, but we mustn't blame eachother for them; we should work together to make them understand, to give them a second chance, to perhaps even anhialate them(Mo has found that last tactic quite useful in this past i believe).

I believe that this bridge we are crossing, the slowly coming acceptance between Godspire and Circus Maximus, is a first step to PvP Servers supporting eachother.

-Lord Elessar

PS: I believe that this little quote, something that Throbblefoot once told me, and it has yet to be forgotten by my brain, may help anyone who is feeling a bit picked on: Don't let those jerks * * *  get to you. There is always a kid so miserable he is willing to torture others - ignore them.

Note on where I placed the "* * *". In the origanal quote they were replaced by "at your school" because I was having some rough times with some classmates, but those three words don't apply here, so there is no need for them.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2005, 09:10:02 PM »
Yar... I'm always paranoid *shakes nervously* Yepper... that's me... *eye twitches* Yar. :P

I think that somehow this ties into me, and my own problems though. I mean lately I have been sought to lead a semi-uber clan, to find that an old friend was leader before the leader told someone to find me, and that the clan is currently dead... but my friend is attempting to bring it back. (confusing as hell) Then I got a server administrator (Rumago) all of a sudden bringing back all these rumors to me when I logged into his server one day... eh. :huh:  I thought perhaps someone filled him in with the wrong info, and he believed tons of rumors about me and the Antes, which I had just rejoined on request of one of its leaders. Then there is a ton of other crap too, but I now believe since Ostap is in the Antes and I had been informed that newer Antes members had been telling him these things, that it is most likely Ostap... now I'm going to get to the bottom of my own problems.  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

As for me, with my problems, I might just say the heck with the Antes and their server, and the same with Rumago. Because it's not worth my effort or my time to go through any of this crap. All I wanna do is be at GodSpire anyway, so what's teh point. &lt;_&lt;  &lt;_&lt;  &lt;_&lt;

@Mo: Mel is right, you do not have to do this alone, I for one will do all I can to help, and I know I'm not the only one.  ;)

I'm still going to investigate, and do what I can to find out what the hell is going on here. As for Ostap, I know where to find him, if I see him, I'll talk to him.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
I would greatly appreciate an explanation on this) Bug is infringing upon 420's right to freedom of speech as well as other's right to freedom of speech as well(Freedom of Speech is given in the First Ammendment to the American Constitution).
[snapback]19882[/snapback]

Ah Elessar, you forget, the internet is a (practically) lawless frontier, the admin of a game server or web site can be a benign manager or a tyranical facist and be totally within their rights. (I'm not calling Bug a tyranical facist, only that, like all admins, he is somewhere in between the two extremes.)

Also consider that Bug Fixx may not be American (his use of the word "git" has me wondering), so the First Amendment to our Constitution doesn't really apply.

However, just because he deletes my posts/accounts doesn't mean I can't repost everything, since I saved everything I posted after my first one was deleted. I think spending 3 days deleting my posts/accounts (at least 4 of each) -- just to have me remake/repost minutes later -- finally got to him. Though, had he just locked the thread it would have been sufficient, it seems he decided to (as Barny Fife would say) "Nip it in the bud."

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 10:40:21 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2005, 06:45:20 AM »
Ah Elessar, you forget, the internet is a (practically) lawless frontier, the admin of a game server or web site can be a benign manager or a tyranical facist and be totally within their rights. (I'm not calling Bug a tyranical facist, only that, like all admins, he is somewhere in between the two extremes.)

Also consider that Bug Fixx may not be American (his use of the word "git" has me wondering), so the First Amendment to our Constitution doesn't really apply.

However, just because he deletes my posts/accounts doesn't mean I can't repost everything, since I saved everything I posted after my first one was deleted. I think spending 3 days deleting my posts/accounts (at least 4 of each) -- just to have me remake/repost minutes later -- finally got to him. Though, had he just locked the thread it would have been sufficient, it seems he decided to (as Barny Fife would say) "Nip it in the bud."

[snapback]19886[/snapback]

=/ It still wasn't quite fair of him to delete your posts... but then again *looks at the list of other things he's been said to be done* As I said before, he's probably afraid somethings going to happen, even if we don't know what it is.

-Lord Elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2005, 10:10:32 AM »
BugFixx is just an insanely jealous little boy, he has been ever since GodSpire came back last year.
[snapback]19727[/snapback]
I'm starting to agree with Talon. All the 'progress' that has been made has been because of this DMs, NOT him. Without the agreement of the server's hoster, that is the use in a peace agreement between servers. I am not saying that we should do anything near what he is or stop trying to make progress with CM's players, but that we can not make peace with the modual itself. It was decent of him to remove the ban on keywords script, but all I have seen from him so far.

It still wasn't quite fair of him to delete your posts... but then again
Way to repeat yourself :P
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2005, 02:11:48 PM »
It still wasn't quite fair of him to delete your posts.
[snapback]19890[/snapback]

What I wonder is how Bug's DMs and players lasted so long in such an oppressive environment. Could explain why Throbbleserv had more players on it than CM did yesterday (for a few minutes at least).

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2005, 03:35:31 PM »
I'm starting to agree with Talon. All the 'progress' that has been made has been because of this DMs, NOT him. Without the agreement of the server's hoster, that is the use in a peace agreement between servers. I am not saying that we should do anything near what he is or stop trying to make progress with CM's players, but that we can not make peace with the modual itself. It was decent of him to remove the ban on keywords script, but all I have seen from him so far.

It still wasn't quite fair of him to delete your posts... but then again
Way to repeat yourself :P
[snapback]19894[/snapback]

thankyou very much. btw, why's it say Gin Swift in teh quote? O.o

What I wonder is how Bug's DMs and players lasted so long in such an oppressive environment. Could explain why Throbbleserv had more players on it than CM did yesterday (for a few minutes at least).

[snapback]19898[/snapback]

YAY THROBBLESERVE! lol

-Lord Elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2005, 10:05:27 AM »
thankyou very much. btw, why's it say Gin Swift in teh quote? O.o
because i felt like like putting it there

Weren't the losers Nehu and Frog from CM?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 11:34:43 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2005, 01:07:14 PM »
[snapback]19907[/snapback]
Nope.

-Mel

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2005, 01:50:20 PM »
Yeah, lets not buy into Bug's game of blaming all griefers that come toGS on Circus Maximus. We are above that sort of thing.

Anyway, guess what, Bug banned my IP address from his forums after I told him I had a dynamic IP! Ha ha ha, a quick reboot of my router and I discovered he didn't bother to delete my current account there (Im sure he thought the IP ban was sufficient).

I stopped posting there days ago, but apparently I'm not even allowed to view Bug's precious forums...

It must be taxing to be so obsessed about someone who isn't actually a threat.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 01:50:39 PM by 420 »

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2005, 04:52:25 PM »
[snapback]19907[/snapback]

They were from Jay's Fire and Ice.

:o  I posted!  I'm alive!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 04:53:22 PM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2005, 09:52:47 PM »
Well I've been arbitrarily banned from CM again.  
Anyway I've decided to forget about peace with CM because seriously who needs peace with a warmongering hateful bastard like Saddam err I mean Bug.

I've also decided to warn the rest of the online NWN community of Bug's facisim by dedicating a new server in his honor.

I've still not decided on a server name, I'm think something like
"0   Circus Maximus is run by a prejudice hatemonger"

Any suggestions?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2005, 10:28:35 PM »
I've still not decided on a server name, I'm think something like
"0   Circus Maximus is run by a prejudice hatemonger"

Any suggestions?
[snapback]19962[/snapback]

Ha ha ha! Oh well, it was worth a try. I hope we have exposed Bug for who he really is to his player community if nothing else.

It would be ashame to get rid of the embassy though, since Nara did put so much time and effort into this project.

I'm sure we can wait for the day when Bug finally has his nervous breakdown and deletes all evidence of Circus Maximus's existance. Seems like his style.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
It would be ashame to get rid of the embassy though, since Nara did put so much time and effort into this project.

[snapback]19963[/snapback]

I'm not getting rid of it...I invited all the CM players to GodSpire.
Can someoen point me to the Terms and Conditions of using Gamespy.
I'd like to make sure I know what the limits to my brutality can be.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2005, 10:36:30 PM »
C). Obey the Law. You agree not to use the service for illegal purposes or for the transmission of material that is unlawful, harassing, libelous (untrue and damaging to others), invasive of another's privacy, abusive, threatening, or obscene, or that infringes the copyrights (rights of an owner of written material) or other intellectual property rights of others.

Ok with this in mind....any suggestions :P

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2005, 10:48:03 PM »
I've recently attended a seminar on the local city's public access channel so a friend could get his producing license.  Basically the same laws/rules apply as C) but the loophole is "critique".  There's nothing wrong in making fun of the person/harassing aslong as you state what you're own motives or opinion on how (whatever it is they're doing in this case running a server) is being done.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2005, 11:20:33 PM »
Also there is nothing wrong with finding out what crashes Bug's pathetic excuse for a filter and using that to annoy him. Apparently having bonus cleric spell slots on items crashed his server. Poor Bug, I almost feel sorry for him, like a pidgeon with a plastic bag caught on it's foot. You'd like to help it because it's suffering but it's covered in filth and disease.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2005, 11:34:01 PM »
ok ...have a look at the server..it's under action and should appear  near CM ...hopefullly

let me know :P

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2005, 11:46:44 PM »
Really, doing this is just going down to bug's level. You wanted peace, you got it. over 85% of his players want peace. It's just him. Do you REALLY want to go his server that bad? besides if you do this Bug will just convince his players that you're the bad guy again, and thus the war continues. Whereas atm only Bug and a few others hate GodSpire. Just ignore the guy and forget about it.
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2005, 11:50:42 PM »
Really, doing this is just going down to bug's level. You wanted peace, you got it. over 85% of his players want peace. It's just him. Do you REALLY want to go his server that bad? besides if you do this Bug will just convince his players that you're the bad guy again, and thus the war continues. Whereas atm only Bug and a few others hate GodSpire. Just ignore the guy and forget about it.
[snapback]19972[/snapback]

I ignore no one who squashes basic human rights and freedoms.

Really I don't care what people think over there anymore.  They should know the truth behind the person they support.

I am not sinking to any level.  I am mearly expression an opinion which I must say has been throughly researched and verified.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 11:50:54 PM by Mo »

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2005, 11:55:08 PM »
Wow I jus realized i'm perma banned there too. Forget what I just said.  B)
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2005, 12:04:31 AM »
Wow I jus realized i'm perma banned there too. Forget what I just said.  B)
[snapback]19975[/snapback]

So much for the olive branch....Sorry Malto..it was all in vain...

Should we put the raiding portal back?? :D

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2005, 12:06:38 AM »
Information on 0 # Circus   Server:

Customers Served to the truth:  4

*Will update regularly.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 12:40:01 AM by Mo »

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2005, 12:10:32 AM »
Raiding portal no good when half the server's banned from there, lol.
GIT-R-DONE!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2005, 12:11:57 AM »
Raiding portal no good when half the server's banned from there, lol.
[snapback]19979[/snapback]

Ah but it can't stop our secret weapon:  Random Noobs :D

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2005, 12:21:05 AM »
Ah but it can't stop our secret weapon:  Random Noobs :D
[snapback]19980[/snapback]

Finally, a use for n00bs  :D .  You guys might like the idea of sticking a portal on the top of that plateau in the Newb farm so randomers "stumble" their way into CM.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 12:22:22 AM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2005, 12:23:48 AM »
Finally, a use for n00bs  :D .  You guys might like the idea of sticking a portal on the top of that plateau in the Newb farm so randomers "stumble" their way into CM.
[snapback]19982[/snapback]

OMG i LOVE it!

-not saying that we will ever do it :P

Hopefully CM players will realize what an ass Bug is and come play on GodSpire and be around nice people.  Then Bug will be left to play with his Cabbage Patch dolls all by his lonesome
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 12:27:07 AM by Mo »

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2005, 12:26:29 AM »
hahahaha "Shops here!"