Author Topic: Circus Maximus  (Read 34853 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« on: March 15, 2005, 08:04:11 PM »
For those who do not know this sever just ignore this thread.  For those who do:

I had recently spoken to a couple of players from CM.  Seems that the misunderstands between GodSpire and CM is starting to cause grief for some over at CM.  So I told them I would post on the forums asking players from GodSpire not to go over to CM with any other purpose other than to play fair and by their rules.

For some reason they think we are a bunch of uber/hackers...heh i have no idea where they could have got that idea from.  I posted on their forum that there hasn't been a hacker within 20 miles of GodSpire in a very long time.

Offline Shade

• O __ o
    • MSN Messenger - ShaSer_201@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ShadeSerenity
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:42:05 PM »
some of us have barely even been there n got banned. i went there for my first time n i was nice i didn't do any bad. i didn;t even know wut GodSpire was. then after i played GodSpire alot n became a sent n stuff i tryed to go back and i was banned >.<

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 10:40:56 PM »
yea they like to send in spys to GodSpire but i never know the reason why they didnt like us (if thats all of why they hate us *look at mo's post*)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 09:35:17 AM »
? Iv never had any problems, even when they knew i was from GodSpire. Me and some random dude here having fun with fighting eachother in the nude.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 04:22:01 PM »
Ermmm... they dont have any rules at CM.....

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 04:42:06 PM »
W000t Talon posted!   :P

Ok here are my initial findings from my recent diplomatic adventures.

The great majority of the CM people who i've talked to in person and on their forums seem to be quite reasonable, smart and otherwise cool.  Their leader, server host, Bug, on the other hand is a small minded bafoon, hatemongering tool.  I was banned from the CM forums after being as polite and understanding as possible.  But banned anyway.
Seems Bug has been overidden by his bitterness towards GodSpire.  He is super paranoid as he blames anyone logging on CM causing trouble as coming from GodSpire.  I checked some of the cdkeys he listed and with the exception of that week that the "Raiding" portal was functioning, most of the logs are not from GodSpire players.
He probably also doesn't like GodSpire cause it has more players than CM, and is otherwise technologically more advanced.   He's the creator of CM so it makes sense that he be a tad jealous.  That's my opinion from seeing him act the way he did.

You can view the thread here
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 04:56:13 PM by Mo »

Offline Nara

• MSN Messenger - drowmageforhire@yahoo.co.uk
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Nah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dogsquad.co.uk
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 04:56:59 PM »
Their leader, server host, Bug, on the other hand is a small minded bafoon, hatemongering tool.  I was banned from the CM forums after being as polite and understanding as possible.  But banned anyway.

I know Bug pretty well.. I've after all been his DM for more than half a year, and even then I had known him for some months already.. but his present behaviour confuses me. It's not the Bug I remember. Sure, he has been mad.. emotional.. even deeply depressed over what CM was turning into cause of all the raids we were having. But never during this time has he been unwilling to communicate in a respectful manner. Perhaps he needs time.. I don't know. What I do know is that CM is a democracy.. and it's people does not want this war with GodSpire..
How do you spot a CM-player in GodSpire?

Simple. Look for the only player that's not sidestepping all over the place.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 05:00:38 PM »
I know Bug pretty well.. I've after all been his DM for more than half a year, and even then I had known him for some months already.. but his present behaviour confuses me. It's not the Bug I remember. Sure, he has been mad.. emotional.. even deeply depressed over what CM was turning into cause of all the raids we were having. But never during this time has he been unwilling to communicate in a respectful manner. Perhaps he needs time.. I don't know. What I do know is that CM is a democracy.. and it's people does not want this war with GodSpire..
[snapback]19689[/snapback]

Hello Nara...thanks for joining us  :)

oh btw if anyone feels like posting on the CM boards...try and be as diplomatic as I was.  Set a good example.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 05:06:37 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 05:32:30 PM »
Well, I just so happened to accidently stumble upon that portal last night. It used to be called the doom of morgath or whatever, and I thought it didnt do anything as always... lol I clicked on it, noticed the name change, and was portalled to CM. Though I did'nt have any problems while I was there (I decided to take a look around), but basically I don't think I can say much more as there were'nt many players on.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 05:42:29 PM »
Good to see that this idea lives again.

-Mel

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 06:04:59 PM »
everyone feel free to argue, the admins and myself won't mind
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 01:59:19 AM by nathan »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 01:24:31 AM »
I had the good fortune to meet Nara this evening on GodSpire. It was my pleasure, and I was glad that we saw eye to eye in terms of PvP NWN servers working together to thwart griefers.

Sadly, when Nara, Mo, and I tried to join CM for a look around, I was autobooted and didn't see a single frame of the server.

I really hope we can work this out, especially given how nice Nara is. As 420 said, the PvP servers should try to support each other.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 01:42:10 AM »
Yes I am currently config cdkey banned from CM.
My crime?  I played on the server for about 1 hour earlier today, plus I took the time to make 100k items.  Anyway I'm banned...Bug's probably worried that if the CM players meet us they will like us and come to GodSpire.  Effectively he'd have no more friends left anywhere  :rolleyes: He will fight to the death.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 01:43:46 AM by Mo »

Offline Nara

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 02:38:37 AM »
Yes I am currently config cdkey banned from CM.
My crime?  I played on the server for about 1 hour earlier today, plus I took the time to make 100k items.  Anyway I'm banned...Bug's probably worried that if the CM players meet us they will like us and come to GodSpire.  Effectively he'd have no more friends left anywhere  :rolleyes: He will fight to the death.
[snapback]19715[/snapback]

At this time there's probably little GodSpire can do about Bug.. since he doesn't even want to listen to start with. This is most likely something that has to be dealt with within CM, between Bug and the players themselves.. the people he's doing all this for.
After all, all but one of the players at CM, including all of Bug's DMs, want this feud to end.. and that the doors of CM be open even to GodSpire-players.
Until this has been achieved there seems to be no other alternative than that we will have to meet on your grounds, if any. I am glad that we still hold the priviledge of doing so, that Godspire have been so openminded about this.. and not succumbing to the same kind of prejudice that we now have to deal with.

Wish you all the best, and hoping for a brighter future.

/Nara.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 04:45:25 AM »
At this time there's probably little GodSpire can do about Bug.. since he doesn't even want to listen to start with. This is most likely something that has to be dealt with within CM, between Bug and the players themselves.. the people he's doing all this for.
After all, all but one of the players at CM, including all of Bug's DMs, want this feud to end.. and that the doors of CM be open even to GodSpire-players.
Until this has been achieved there seems to be no other alternative than that we will have to meet on your grounds, if any. I am glad that we still hold the priviledge of doing so, that Godspire have been so openminded about this.. and not succumbing to the same kind of prejudice that we now have to deal with.

Wish you all the best, and hoping for a brighter future.

/Nara.
[snapback]19716[/snapback]

Our pleasure to receive you.  Our doors are always open.  However two CM players, namely Tass and Nexous will receive a surprise visit by Angelita the next time the come by ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 04:46:10 AM by Mo »

Offline Nara

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 04:51:39 AM »
Our pleasure to receive you.  Our doors are always open.  However two CM players, namely Tass and Nexous will receive a surprise visit by Angelita the next time the come by ;)
[snapback]19717[/snapback]

Perfectly fine by me. They've earned it. ;)

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 11:56:13 AM »
BugFixx is just an insanely jealous little boy, he has been ever since GodSpire came back last year.

Some facts about BugFixx:
1) He cdkey bans GodSpire players on site, unless he feels inclined to rez-kill them for 10 minutes before-hand.
2) He creates NPCs to attempt to insult our server.
3) He visits us quite regularly under various aliases and is actually a (relatively) competent duelist.
4) Hes an idiot.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 12:16:11 PM »
&lt;_&lt;  This guy does seem to be a lil on the immature side. I have always prided myself on being able to see both sides of an argument, but he is just being silly.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 12:30:45 PM »
I had the good fortune to meet Nara this evening on GodSpire. It was my pleasure, and I was glad that we saw eye to eye in terms of PvP NWN servers working together to thwart griefers.

Sadly, when Nara, Mo, and I tried to join CM for a look around, I was autobooted and didn't see a single frame of the server.

I really hope we can work this out, especially given how nice Nara is. As 420 said, the PvP servers should try to support each other.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]19714[/snapback]
Is it possible that you were using the same IP as 420 had before when he was banned from CM?

-bah, sry for the double-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 12:31:15 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 12:45:58 PM »
Well, it's possible (our IP is actually our hub). I hesitate to conjecture about how CM is set up, but will note that when I tried to log, I got the "booted" message; when 420 tries to log, he gets the "banned" message. That sounds to me like CDkey.

-Throbblefoot
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Circus Maximus
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 02:40:28 PM »
You have anything that has even a little bit to do with GodSpire in your chars name? Their scripts auto boot people with marauders, or doriath or any other form of GodSpire.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 03:17:45 PM »
Scripting something like that is wasting time if you ask me. The problem won't be sloved by faking you're not from GodSpire anyway. That script just doesn't has to exist.

-Mel
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 03:18:07 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 04:49:07 PM »
That script just doesn't has to exist.

-Mel
[snapback]19740[/snapback]

:blink:

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2005, 08:23:23 PM »
Well, 420 is notorious amongst them, so whatever, I won't bother with his details.

I'm Acct. Throbblefoot, Character Tarragon Slyfoot. Perhaps it's on my character name, as that's my best-known and most often used character.  Wonder what would happen if I joined as a more obsucre (read: crappy) dueller.

-Throbblefoot
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2005, 11:32:50 AM »
They scripted us to be autobanned based on clan tags? What a load of horse poo. That guy is really REALLY paranoid. As Mav said towards the top, the 'spys' probibly (if they exist) took down DM, Sent, and Clan members names and that tard made the auto-booting thing off of that...Doesnt that seem like a lot of effort?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »
Here's a quote from Bug
t started, Ephion, because CM dared to be more popular.
when we had 50 players, and they had 2, did you hear me gloating?
no.
I rejoiced when their hard drive blew up, because of all the crap
they have caused here. Normally, i just autoboot them quietly and
efficiently.

since day one, people from that place have been doing everything they can
to cause annoyance here. from clans like the DS (yawn), to the WOG (ultrayawn). using every exploit or piece of bullshit they can to crash the server or drive people away. the raiding portal, being the last in a long line of bullshit.

I drew the line in the sand.
said "NO" to the paedophiles, pricks, pests, and pervs.
and insulted their overinflated kiddie ego, basically.

Also, there is the 100K limit, which ubers hate with a passion.
My actions have been entirely DEFENSIVE, ephion.

f*** them.

This guy is so delusional and brain deficient that I was almost brough to tears.
I can't respond to this moron anymore cause he banned my freedom of speech on his forums.  He reminds me a bit of Stalin or maybe Castro...maybe a bit of both.  His mental capacity though reminds me of a rock.  DS and WOG were never GodSpire clans.  CM never had 50 players, I do recall it having around 30 players at high times.  His server had more players than GodSpire during the SoU to Hotu transition time which lasted about 3 months.  They were out first cause Talon was spending more time making a better mod.  If you read their forum threads you will see that they still have problems with hackers getting by their filters.  There hasn't been a hacker on GodSpire in a year and we see much more traffic.  Hackers know to stay away.

I think CM players should be absolutely ashamed to play on a server run by such a prejudgice bigot.

Since myself and most probably 420 are banned from the forums, would someone please remind this guy (as politely as possible of course) that he doesn't know what he's ever talking about.

Ignorance is the devil.

Oh and could someone please provide the CM people with a link to these forums also.  Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 12:15:30 PM by Mo »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Circus Maximus
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 12:55:32 PM »
Seems I am unbanned from the Forums and the Server...

Let's see where this goes.

Circus Maximus
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2005, 03:13:37 PM »
CM never had 50 players, I do recall it having around 30 players at high times. 
[snapback]19782[/snapback]

Actually that is wrong. CM had 50 players. You should be better informed before you try to produce any lies. Calling the 30-player-times as the high times is wrong as well.

Bugfix always was a respectful person. I do not agree with his current position (including his insulting language) but I can still understand it. He looked after his server for a long time, always listening to the players and his wishes. He is not just "brain deficient", that was neither nice nor diplomatically and only proves Bug's accusations.

The lie that he is only afraid that CM-players would change to GodSpire is just quite stupid. I know people from GodSpire have a great Ego and thinks they are the best (I know that from hundreds of posts all over the internet, including your ignorant journal), but that is not true. Arrogance and stupidity are quiet close.

I do not want to say Circus Maximus is greater than GodSpire because there is no need to go down to your level. If you think you have to show your foolishness... well, that is up to you.

I know my post does not sound utterly nice or friendly, maybe I am a bit upset as well about your lies you posted here. I do not think you would change the situations when you start insulting Circus Maximus, the only aim I see is telling everybody who sees the thread "Hey, leave the stupid server and come to GodSpire!".

Talon, it is also untruth that the server did not have any rules. They got deleted from the journal recently, when Bugfix started changing Circus Maximus. That is not an apologize, I know it is stupid not writing down any rules at the moment, maybe he thinks everybody in NWN now knows the common rulesets.

Give Bugfix the respect he earns, though he does not show his either. I do not know whether his accusations are right or wrong, I only hear him complaining about GodSpire hackers and kiddies for two years now, it affects him so deeply, and that may cause his blindness.

I did neither try to make an anti-GodSpire-post nor did I try to defend Bugfix. He is able to do that on his own. I just want to tell you there is not just that... side you currently see. And I remind you insulting Circus Maximus is not the way to gain the aim you had.

Borbarad.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Circus Maximus
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2005, 03:26:50 PM »
@Borbarad
It's going about banning GodSpire players from Cm. Not about Cm players on GodSpire. Tell me if I'm wrong, but that's the main reazon why this thread exist. Also, if you see wrong things in here, just post the corections. Lies won't help us anyway. And about Bug, blindness is a good word. And I'm trying to get why he acts like that.

note: Seems like 420 gots his account deleted from the Cm forum again.

I'll quote his latest post here:
Is the truth really so terrifying to you that you have to delete my account AND my post? I mean you left Mo's post thought deleted his account. So I must really scare you. Sorry, the truth hurts sometimes.

About the above quote:

"On days when there has been an endless stream of such gits, i've banished everybody remotely dodgy."

-You are your own self-fullfilling prophecy, you are the worst enemy of your own server.

"420, go back under the stone you crawled out of.
I don't care about anything you have to say."

-Some people must destroy the truth wherever they see it. If you really didn't care you wouldnt' have deleted the post and replied to me directly.

"I appreciate that not everybody from GodSpire is a juvenile homophobe/racist."

-We actually have rules against racist and homophobe remarks in the GodSpire rulebook. How about Circus Maximus?

"personally, i've found the whole 'GodSpire thing' extremely boring.
i'm going to get on with creating/writing/coding/playing now."

-Obviously a lie, you are very passionate about this topic.

Anyone else get the feeling that CM's owner is a compulsive liar?

Truth Spreader,

-Mel

Borbarad

Circus Maximus
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2005, 03:46:35 PM »
Well, my first post just reacts about the wrong facts posted and I thought I already posted the corrections, if I left anything open then tell me respective phrase so I am able to add my rectify. By the way, I did not say anything about Circus Maximus players on GodSpire, I only filtered a few statements which has been posted here.

I am waiting for a "good" end as well, but I do not see a solution when BOTH sides start insulting each other. I hope Bugfix will be able to find his old route again, so we can start a new relation without any aversion. I guess he will not be able to do that when he has to read these negative statements I listed above. There is no right to do a wrong thing when someone did that as well. I know it is hard to persuade Bugfix, but you should not stop your work you started. I really appreciate your previous efforts Mo, do not dispel their successes by being offending.

Borbarad.