Author Topic: Spell Scripting  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spell Scripting
« on: July 14, 2004, 03:59:32 AM »
Can anyone think of a way to automatically give a wizard all spells available to them using a script?  As opposed to manually scribing individual spells that is.

Something that will check thier available spell level and assign all spells as known up to and including that level.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Spell Scripting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 04:50:49 AM »
Can anyone think of a way to automatically give a wizard all spells available to them using a script?  As opposed to manually scribing individual spells that is.

Something that will check thier available spell level and assign all spells as known up to and including that level.
You could grant them as talents, but i doubt they would stick.
So I guess you would need to write a server extension for it

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
Spell Scripting
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 02:34:21 PM »
I'm just thinking of something I can add to my character creation mod that would save me the trouble of having to scribe individual spells for wizard builds.

If I didn't have to do that I might actually make wizards more often.

I have a lot of interesting little scripts running like that.. sort of a belog on crack that runs around in my mod (Picture a demon with the faerie queen voice...).  I thought this would be an interesting addition, but didn't have the slightest idea where to begin.
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Spell Scripting
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 08:37:07 PM »
I'm just thinking of something I can add to my character creation mod that would save me the trouble of having to scribe individual spells for wizard builds.

If I didn't have to do that I might actually make wizards more often.

I have a lot of interesting little scripts running like that.. sort of a belog on crack that runs around in my mod (Picture a demon with the faerie queen voice...).  I thought this would be an interesting addition, but didn't have the slightest idea where to begin.
Same as im thinking of adding an auto max HP script to GS - beyond limitations of NWscript im afraid
You can write a server extension - but i was about to next holiday - (august) so theres no point if you dont mind waiting

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
Spell Scripting
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 10:17:31 PM »
If you're already planning on doin that I'm not gonna touch it.  I wouldn't know where to begin writing a server extension for anything.. not even sure what language it would be written in or how it would interface with the game =)

Really its just a function of my laziness... little work now to avoid a lot later.. if you're already planning on doing the work then my laziness wins out =)

-David Eddings