Author Topic: General Concerns  (Read 9794 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« on: February 18, 2005, 05:20:19 PM »
I was thinking about the limiting of the Sentinels to the Halls and the main issue I have with that is if someone is spamming profanities with the shout or is in some other way breaking the rules and they run to the safety of the clans areas how should they be dealt with?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 06:22:53 PM »
Post their acct name in the randoming thread and I"ll ban them.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 12:58:43 AM »
Hehe it is funny because Lance got locked in Doriath and couldnt force us to let him out without his rune. What was annoying is that we had two DEs spam hiding and couldnt do anything exept get one shot at them between hides.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 01:27:04 AM »
Well it's against the rules...they should be used as examples and post their accounts. :D

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 01:44:58 AM »
shouldnt ban lance, he's a cool guy

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 02:49:21 AM »
What was annoying is that we had two DEs spam hiding

Lance isn't the one that would be banned
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 02:50:59 AM by Meclar »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 05:22:48 AM »
Anti hider spam script is on the list of things to do...

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 03:00:18 PM »
You could of let me out lol

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 11:36:33 PM »
Ur the one that infiltrated us :P
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 04:28:01 AM »
Below is a rewrite of the books we get when we log into the server.  I did this due to the lack of attention and updating of these rules, the fact that we get 3 books dealing with these topics, most of the stuff is just repeated in either the books themselves or the journal, to help with the efficiency of explaining the rules and having 1 book that people ignore is far less forgivable than ignoring 3 books.
Nemesis and other Sentinel's suggestions comments should be taken into consideration.
First draft, order of presenttation will depend on the importance of the topic, I would recommend TERMs first of course due credit of Xen, 420 and Taarna would follow.  :D  Oh and grammatical errors are a pet peeve so feel free to point those out.

Topics such as:  Stripped Properties, Info on True Seeing, How to Make Your Own Items, Flagged Characters, How Dispels Work and Banned Spells can be found in each players JOURNAL (upper right corner menu).

These terms are listed first because in the following rules they may come up:

RANDOMER: One who attacks outside confirmed duel(s). This includes those who attack players that are in confirmed duel and the lynch mobs that attack randomers.

SPAMMING: The act of doing an action repeatedly when not dueling.  This is includes and is not limited to; emotes, spells of any kind, or bugging people.

SHIFTING INTO LARGE FORMS: Do not shift into forms larger than human size outside duels because of the size it is difficult to see and maneuver around them.  Also, for some players it creates an amount of graphical lag.

?GF?: This expression means ?Good Fight?.  It is not a description of the fight but a polite way to end one. It is considered rude not to respond with this after the end of a duel.

DUNGEON MASTERS (DMs): The supreme rulers of the server.  Any and all rules are void when they are concerned and they cannot be held to any rule. There are many DMs and they can be hard to spot, be on your best behavior.

SENTINELS: These are enforcers of God Spire?s rules. They are for all intent and purposes, mini-DMs and must be obeyed.  They are recognized by their yellow lights and/or TSoGS in their names/profiles.

DUELING:  A duel can be started by using the DUEL MANAGER item located in your inventory, by using it on your chosen opponent. To use it right, click the set of scales then use its unique power on your chosen opponent.  If your opponent accepts they will have used their DUEL MANAGER on you to confirm the duel.
As an alternative you can drag the DUEL MANAGER item from your inventory to a QUICKSLOT (located at the base of your screen) and simply click the slot then click your opponent.

DUELING LIGHTS:  When a duel has been confirmed the two duelers will be surrounded by circling orange lights.  After a countdown the words ?ready? then ?go? will appear signaling the start of the duel.

BELOG, steward of the halls:  Belog is the care taker of the halls.  Belog provides basic sets of equipment, experience to level your character, dueling ranks and alignment changes.  Belog is an NPC.

APPEARNCE:  You may use a 3rd party program (like LETO) to later your character?s appearance.  You may not use any appearance with a null chest or pelvis.  Also the appearance must be the same size category as your character or else you will not be able to enter to server.

RULES:

1) Don?t piss off the DMs (take careful not of this!).  :D
2)  NO RANDOMING.
3)  Don?t complain about the rules.   If you don?t like them speak to a DM and if the rules in question is one that is worth changing it will be considered.
4)  Don?t using healing spells or healing lights during a duel.  This includes effects that give permenant hit points such as Wholeness of Body and Lay on Hands.
5)  Listen to the Sentinels and DMs.
6)  Don?t complain about the Sentinels.  If you have a problem with one they?re being abusive report them to a DM.
7)  Don?t bring your hacked items onto this server.  They are not welcome.  You will be banned for repeated attempts.
8)  Don?t set people to hostile it is set automatically when using the DUEL MANAGER to confirm a duel.
9)  Don?t randomly cast when not in a duel. This includes summons/familiars.  If you wish to test spells or summon go to another map area.
10) Hiders may Hide in Plain Sight once every 6 seconds, not once per round.  From the time hiders reappear to the time they enter the HiPS mode must be 6 seconds.
11)  Map areas outside the halls and the team versus team arena are FREE FOR ALL areas.  Randoming is allowed in those areas.
12)  Only Sentinels and DMs may punish rule breakers
13) Godspire is a legit server and as such exploitation of game glitches are considered cheating and will not be tolerated.

God Spire is a Player versus Player (PvP) server.  There are no shops here.  Most players make their own equipment in the TOOLSET which can be found in the main menu once starting NWN.  For a temporary set of gear talk to Belog, steward of the halls an NPC.

Ban/Bootable offenses:
Asking to be a DM
Asking to be a Sentinel
Being racist, sexist or generally offensive.  
Any reason a DM might think of at the time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 06:36:38 PM by Meclar »

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 12:40:48 AM »
Some errors I've noticed that really aren't a big deal but thought I should point out anyways:

SPAMMING: The act of doing an action repeatedly when not dueling.�?�  This is includes and is not limited to; emotes, spells of any kind, or bugging people.
Change it to: "This includes, and is not limited to: emotes, spells of any kind, and bugging people."

BELOG, steward of the halls:�?�  Belog is the care taker of the halls...
I just think Steward of the Halls should be capitalized since it's a title.

APPEARNCE:�?�  You may use a 3rd party program...
Appearance is spelled incorrect.

6)�?�  Don?t complain about the Sentinels.�?�  If you have a problem with one they?re being abusive report them to a DM.
"If you have a problem with one that is being abusive, report them to a DM."

There are other grammatical errors like missing commas, but there are too many of those and I don't feel like spending time pointing all of them out.

While I'm posting, I'd like to recommend a new feature for the Sent rune.  Whenever a player summons outside of a duel, the initial reaction to most people is to go and kill the summoned creature.  I don't think this is the correct method/action to take.  Most players will be angry that a stranger just walked up and killed your pet.  As a result, that person will most likely retaliate by attacking the individual who killed their pet.  What I like to do is, walk up to that individual and explain to him/her that summoning is against rules and ask politely to unsummon.  However, my method takes too much time and effort to talk to that person.  I'd like to recommend an alternative to killing the summoned creature.  The Sent rune could have an extra feature where the spell Banishment could be cast as well as dispelling any AoE spells.  Unless there's a better and efficient way of handling this, I think all that's needed is an extra line of code:  ActionCastSpellAtLocation(SPELL_BANISHMENT, lTargetLocation)

P.S.  Whew, that must be the longest post I've ever written
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 12:42:39 AM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
General Concerns
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 07:55:17 PM »
Hehe it is funny because Lance got locked in Doriath and couldnt force us to let him out without his rune. What was annoying is that we had two DEs spam hiding and couldnt do anything exept get one shot at them between hides.
[snapback]18941[/snapback]

haha, a bit back before kristie realized he had to relock the doors i ran around doriath while he poked at me trying to get me out lol, ^_^ it was fun

You could of let me out lol
[snapback]18971[/snapback]

Ur the one that infiltrated us :P
[snapback]18981[/snapback]

lol but wouldnt you want him out of your area

There are other grammatical errors like missing commas, but there are too many of those and I don't feel like spending time pointing all of them out.
[snapback]19412[/snapback]

hahah i'll do that if you like lol ;)

-Lord Elessar

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
I'd like to recommend an alternative to killing the summoned creature. The Sent rune could have an extra feature where the spell Banishment could be cast as well as dispelling any AoE spells.

I recommended adding that to the rune months ago.  It was decided that you should just use the daze and kill them.

Aug 29 2004, 01:13 AM Post #1

I think it's just me but the Sent stone seems a bit of an overkill in most situations. I want to be able to say to the randomer being punished, "read the rules" but they have a tendency to walk away. "Stoning" you might say would be a good way to end this but then they can't read the books or their journal and so on...I'm not sure about this problem yet so I'll let it stew for a while.

A DM has come to my attention about enforcing the summoning rule. I was wondering if we could add Dismissal or Banishment as a Spell Per Day or another use. Again it seems overkill to kill and or daze/stone someone over a simple badger that's not really doing anything anyway. I would rather use the subtly of the Sent Stone as to have a party of people following or running around killing summons.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 09:20:26 PM by Meclar »

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
General Concerns
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 09:28:37 PM »
I recommended adding that to the rune months ago.  It was decided that you should just use the daze and kill them.
[snapback]19443[/snapback]

Oh sorry Meclar.  I must've read that but since it was months ago I also must've forgotten about it.  Props to you for coming up with it first!
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire