Author Topic: New GodSpire Clan functionalities  (Read 22237 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
New GodSpire Clan functionalities
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:18:23 PM »
Ok people.  I got SQL Database support for GodSpire up and running.  This means we can add a whole lotta new cool stuff.  At a first step I plan to add new Clan fuctions.  Such as keep track and data of each clan memebrs. Keeping data on members duels vs. other members of other clans.  Totals win loses and such.  Team Battle victories and loses.  A overal ranking system for clans which will earn them points and prizes.

Taarna is working on a new area of GodSpire which will be sort of a town.  All clans will have their own bases in this town.  Except Doriath of course.  At first clan (and guilds can have guildhouses also) will have small bases...future prizes could include upgrading the base to a stronghold etc.

Raiding clan bases will most likely be a new player passtime...each base will have it's own unique treasure.

Anyway i think you all get the idea...if not the idea is "lots of new things to come to GodSpire" :D

Feedback requested.....no matter how dumb...

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:24:58 PM »
That sounds wicked cool! :o
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 05:00:08 PM »
..Almost kinda maybe not really sounds like what i have been trying to ask you about. I will jsut re-explain it.

We should have a system that uses the database to only let certain people in clan areas. The clan leader would have the guildmasters key and the Clan stone. The stone would be used to add people to the database to allow them entry to the clan area. The clan area gates would be unlocked. ALso, when you place an item in the guildmasters altur, it would be copied into everyone, from that clan's, inventory.

Except Doriath of course
Because we live in a forest  :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 05:07:07 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 05:07:16 PM »
Feedback requested
[snapback]18718[/snapback]
What I wonder about is in how far you need the server extensions. If you need them.

Those things are pure c++ and a bit more interesting and usefull to play around with than nwscript, I'll be playing whit those things and maybe you have something I should look for. 420 is also planning to take a look at it. It has more capabilitys than nwscript anyway. (arrays to start with)

On my side there is the problem that I never did work with c++ on a windows pc exept a few linuxports. The devlopers of nwnx seem to use visual c++ 6.0 of M$ and that's something I don't have/buy. I use the GNU gcc compiler. So, can't promise any rezults as I'm limited in time and probably will focus on posix systems. They are way better for server tasks than windows anyway.

Also, 420 told me godspire did crash afther he cancelled the conversation on "get object from store" when he accidently had the option. (other words, when it reads the string speaked by the person in the converstion) This may be coincidence too, as I remember  you taking a copy of my char a bit ago, but it's feedback so I post it . ^_^

-Mel
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 05:09:22 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 05:13:14 PM »
..Almost kinda maybe not really sounds like what i have been trying to ask you about. I will jsut re-explain it.

We should have a system that uses the database to only let certain people in clan areas. The clan leader would have the guildmasters key and the Clan stone. The stone would be used to add people to the database to allow them entry to the clan area. The clan area gates would be unlocked. ALso, when you place an item in the guildmasters altur, it would be copied into everyone, from that clan's, inventory.
Because we live in a forest  :D
[snapback]18721[/snapback]

Yes I will do something exactly like that.  A clan leader will have an item which will be a Clan management tool.  Too add and remove members and so on.  The guildalter so clan specific items will be available to the clan leader as well... Of course All clans that will want to participate and use these new functions will need to be confirmed by me.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 05:14:14 PM »
What I wonder about is in how far you need the server extensions. If you need them.

Those things are pure c++ and a bit more interesting and usefull to play around with than nwscript, I'll be playing whit those things and maybe you have something I should look for. 420 is also planning to take a look at it. It has more capabilitys than nwscript anyway. (arrays to start with)

On my side there is the problem that I never did work with c++ on a windows pc exept a few linuxports. The devlopers of nwnx seem to use visual c++ 6.0 of M$ and that's something I don't have/buy. I use the GNU gcc compiler. So, can't promise any rezults as I'm limited in time and probably will focus on posix systems. They are way better for server tasks than windows anyway.

Also, 420 told me godspire did crash afther he cancelled the conversation on "get object from store" when he accidently had the option. (other words, when it reads the string speaked by the person in the converstion) This may be coincidence too, as I remember  you taking a copy of my char a bit ago, but it's feedback so I post it . ^_^

-Mel
[snapback]18722[/snapback]

I doubt i will require any additional extensions.  At first thought arrays don't seem vital for the things I have in mind.

Ad Of Dracos

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 05:17:34 PM »
Sounds really cool but im banned.  :(

How long am I banned for?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 05:19:34 PM »
depends how many time you have been banned previously.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Ad Of Dracos

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 05:22:34 PM »
This is my first, im bored I have nothing to do. Getting banned sucks.  <_<

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 05:45:38 PM »
I doubt i will require any additional extensions.  At first thought arrays don't seem vital for the things I have in mind.
[snapback]18724[/snapback]
All fine. And about arrays, there's someone is making a module to run nwscript outside nwn useing nwnx. (bad I didn't found sources of it :() If that project finishs, and probably aviable on windows, you can just look at that in case you ever need arrays. It's really to bad nwscript miss them.

Arrays are just sweet for loops, and matrix like calculations. Or for data that have some relation with each other.

depends how many time you have been banned previously.
[snapback]18727[/snapback]
The banning system isn't the same as before. I'm not sure if there's a kind of time on it right now. But it seems like dm's can unban people.

Probably will have to wait for a reply from Mo or Xen to be sure.

-Mel
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 05:46:09 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 06:03:21 PM »
This is my first, im bored I have nothing to do. Getting banned sucks.  <_<
[snapback]18729[/snapback]

Who banned you...you'll be unbanned shortly.

Offline Nemesis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 06:13:19 PM »
Sound like a fun and innovative idea, and I hope it works out as well as ur plainning it.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 06:20:27 PM »
sweet :D this rules, just a few questions:
can clans request things in their clan base/stronghold?(ex, placebles, npcs, etc)
if so, can clans give you these things in an erf like if it is an npc or special placeable?

clan db should have separate tag or whatever for leaders that cannot be removed if there are no other tagged leaders, or no?

-Lord Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 07:54:06 PM »
sweet :D this rules, just a few questions:
can clans request things in their clan base/stronghold?(ex, placebles, npcs, etc)
if so, can clans give you these things in an erf like if it is an npc or special placeable?
clan db should have separate tag or whatever for leaders that cannot be removed if there are no other tagged leaders, or no?
-Lord Elessar
[snapback]18746[/snapback]

Sure they can request anything in their base.  The question will be will I add it or not.
The quantity of custom stuff they can have will depend on the clan's overall rank score.  NPC base guards will also improve as rank goes up.  I don't understand the last part of your post.  Leaders will be identified in the db.

Ad_Godspire

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 08:03:44 PM »
Im not really sure who banned me, doesn't really matter I probably deserved it. Im sure everyones made some sort of mistake at one time. Thank you for unbanning me I promise this won't happen again.  :P

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 08:22:54 PM »
Im not really sure who banned me, doesn't really matter I probably deserved it. Im sure everyones made some sort of mistake at one time. Thank you for unbanning me I promise this won't happen again.�?�  :P
[snapback]18752[/snapback]
ok, were you under a different name because 420 banned someone earlier for being an ass and randoming.

Sure they can request anything in their base. The question will be will I add it or not.
The quantity of custom stuff they can have will depend on the clan's overall rank score. NPC base guards will also improve as rank goes up. I don't understand the last part of your post. Leaders will be identified in the db.
How will clans be ranked or is that n/a ATM?

You said, "exept for doriath." does that mean we wont get to participate at all, or will there be a little exit off to the side that leads into a litle forest area.

Doriath now has a really nice clan modual, thanks to Brior, and so other than guards, we would probibly only need a portal. That is of course unless Brior cant keep it up all the time.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 08:26:57 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 08:40:08 PM »
I said except for Doriath because you already have an area.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 08:41:34 PM »
O i misunderstood. Alright. So we get to participate they just have to leave the little city and come into the halls to try to invade us. I feel better now.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 08:55:40 PM »
Some type of numerical requirement for the activity of a clan to deter people from starting clans just for the sake of having an area.  So many members have to be in the clan and/or active.

A clarification of the rules for the new areas basically whether or not these areas apply to the same rules as the halls.

It's frustrating to know that a clan leader has more control over an area than a Sentinel. Will this be the case or will this depend on the rules of these areas?

The ranking sign that was up in the halls didn't accurately post what the actual scores were.

I'm anxious to find a nice dark lurkish corner to mug people from in this new town.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 09:03:43 PM »
Sure they can request anything in their base.  The question will be will I add it or not.
The quantity of custom stuff they can have will depend on the clan's overall rank score.  NPC base guards will also improve as rank goes up.  I don't understand the last part of your post.  Leaders will be identified in the db.
[snapback]18751[/snapback]
hehe sorry that wasn't clear. i was wondering if you wouldnt be able to remove a clan leader unless there was already another one there to take up the torch, so it wouldnt be like there could be a time with no clan leader in the db.

-Lord Elessar

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Sol megahellball
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stitch
    • View Profile
    • http://experiment777sol.deviantart.com/
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
So are all the guilds or clans going to get there own place or do you have to earn it?
O'hana means Family, Family means no get left behind or Frogotten:)

Tails+Cosmo Forever too ^_^

"If I should visit the moon, well, i'll dance on a moonbeam, and then, I will make a wish on a star and i'll wish I was home once again. Though i'd like to look down at the Earth from above, I would miss all the places and people I love. So although I may go, i'll be cominghome soon. 'Cause I don't want to live on the moon."

626+624 forever ^^

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 11:37:41 PM »
Some type of numerical requirement for the activity of a clan to deter people from starting clans just for the sake of having an area.  So many members have to be in the clan and/or active.

A clarification of the rules for the new areas basically whether or not these areas apply to the same rules as the halls.

It's frustrating to know that a clan leader has more control over an area than a Sentinel. Will this be the case or will this depend on the rules of these areas?

The ranking sign that was up in the halls didn't accurately post what the actual scores were.

I'm anxious to find a nice dark lurkish corner to mug people from in this new town.
[snapback]18761[/snapback]

Sent will have authority and powers only in the Halls.  The Sent Stone will soon no longer function in any other area.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 11:40:47 PM »
hehe sorry that wasn't clear. i was wondering if you wouldnt be able to remove a clan leader unless there was already another one there to take up the torch, so it wouldnt be like there could be a time with no clan leader in the db.
-Lord Elessar
[snapback]18762[/snapback]

Yes there can be zero clan leaders defined in the DB

So are all the guilds or clans going to get there own place or do you have to earn it?
[snapback]18763[/snapback]

They will have to earn it like Meclar said.  Requirements will be to have an initial membership or players and provide me with a small clan base area.  I will provide greater details on these areas in due time.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 02:22:51 AM »
Current Status:

Clan leader functionality now working for Doriath and Marauders.
This means that Clans leaders (Marauders: Nemesis) (Doriath: Anheg) Will receive a special clan master staff.  This staff will have the following effects when used on a PC:

If PC is clanless they will now be a member of the leaders clan.
If PC is already a member they will be removed.
If PC is a member of another clan, nothing will happen.

Doriath and Marauders members will now receive keys to open their respective door.  I recommend relocking after you enter.

Chairs in Doraith now work.
Guildmaster boxes in Doraith and House of the Bear can only be opened by clan leaders.  Whatever items are in that box will be giving to all members upon login.

Try these functions out and let me know how they are working out.  I will soon add a few web pages so all can view various clan data and statistics.

When you log on GodSpire you will be informed what clan you are currently a member of.  If you see no msg you are not part of any "GodSpire dynamic" Clan.  Let you Clan leader now and they will add you.  or PM me and I will add you myself if there is a problem finding your clan leaders.  (There can be more than 1 leader btw)

This project is still in BETA...Beta tester clans are Marauders and Doriath for now.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 02:25:02 AM by Mo »

Offline Roncescal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 04:12:16 AM »
Nice project Mo, and thks u and all scripters for your efforts  ;)

Ron.
"May the tree not prevent you from seeing the forest."
Ancient elven saying.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 10:06:05 AM »
That is awsome. The chairs havent worked since i can remember.

Concerning Meclars post. Does that mean that since sents are confined to the halls, that then leaders enter their clan areas they become 'sents' or that areas equivilant?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline mIRO]cRO[

• MSN Messenger - mirocro@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 10:23:42 AM »
It seems i will be visiting more often from now on
Nice work

mIRO]cRO[  |LM|
[/span]

[span style=\'color:blue\']
(....\................./....) you toucha
.\....\.............../..../ my board,
..\....\............/...../ i breaka
...\...../�´�¯.|.�¯`\..../ you face.
...|.... |....|.... (�¯ `\
..|......|�´�¯.|�´�¯.| \...\
..|.......` �¯..�¯ �´.......|
...\_................._.�·

[/span]
[span style=\'color:red\']
i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
[/span]
[span style=\'color:orange\']
Chichiri: My eyes just fell out. How are you going to repay me 420?        

420:I will repay you in bricks and marbles. (now THAT is   creative financing)
[/span]
[span style=\'color:blue\']
"To live in Croatia permanently is like going to a party and dancing all night with one`s mother"

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 11:10:40 AM »
That is awsome. The chairs havent worked since i can remember.

Concerning Meclars post. Does that mean that since sents are confined to the halls, that then leaders enter their clan areas they become 'sents' or that areas equivilant?
[snapback]18784[/snapback]

No.  Just means that the Sent Stone will only function in the Halls.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 11:26:01 AM »
Doriath and Marauders members will now receive keys to open their respective door.  I recommend relocking after you enter.
[snapback]18774[/snapback]
You can use something like this in the OnOpen of the door.
Code: [Select]
void main()
{
 object oDoor = OBJECT_SELF;

if (GetIsOpen(oDoor))
  {
   DelayCommand(3.0, ActionCloseDoor(oDoor));
   DelayCommand(4.0, SetLocked(oDoor, TRUE));
  }
}
Also, you can run easy run through doors, to secure the area's you might use other methodes than doors and keys. Like what I did on arivs for example, the clans did like the stuff as far I know. And it's easy to make.

-Mel

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
I would like to say, good job. cheers matey
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.