Author Topic: Help With Cleric/fighter  (Read 8482 times)

Offline epheus01

• View Profile
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« on: July 11, 2004, 06:00:13 PM »
I was wondering if someone could help me structure a good cleric (16) / fighter (4) for dueling PVP. In particular, what domains would be the most useful. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 06:26:36 PM »
why cleric 16 fiighter 4?

Offline epheus01

• View Profile
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 07:52:55 PM »
just trying it out Talon, do you know a better combination for a warrior cleric?

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 08:43:26 PM »
I prefer "pure" characters which are ones that have just one class no multiclassing. So a straight up level 20 cleric is never a bad thing. Of course high wisdom and a nice blunt weapon is trade mark. Check different domains for what would help best in melee if that is what you're looking for. I know the Divine spells help a lot with your AB (attack bonus). Creating one class characters helps you find out what each class/level has to offer and you get a chance to deal with the basics. Once you have that figured out then you can go and mix and match classes. My favorite character to play is a Cleric/Ranger/Monk.

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 10:53:31 PM »
Best advice out of all of these, Buy HOTU

Offline epheus01

• View Profile
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 10:59:49 PM »
Thanks Meclar. Sorry I am always asking you so many d@mn questions at GS. I really appreciate you input. Thanks a lot.

- epheus

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 12:24:59 AM »
If you're going that route, my recommendation would be 15 cleric 4 fighter 1 paladin.  Don't underestimate the power of Holy Avenger.  Also, if you take paladin as your last level you can max out taunt and have a nice taunter build.

Domains you take depend on your strategy, and whether you go str fighter or dexer.  I would recommend choosing from the following:

War Domain: The domain power itself is a fairly nice buff, although a bit short-lived if you have low charisma, spells accessed through domain are of questionable benefit.

Strength Domain: This will allow you to take Divine Power spell at a lower level (3 instead of 4).  Can be helpful if you need a different balance of spells (ie need more slots in level 4).  As the war domain, the actual domain powers are of questionable benefit, but may be useful.

Trickery Domain: Can be very useful, this domain gives you access to a very nice spell, Improved Invisibility.  If you go the Strength fighter route this can add to your ability to avoid hits and supplement your low ac, if you go dexer it can make you close to untouchable.

Magic Domain: Gives access to Icestorm, a very useful spell, although if you're going for a melee build this may not be the best choice.  Can still be useful to fall back on.

Protection Domain: If you go dexer I would highly recommend taking this domain.  It allows access to two spells you will find highly useful:  Minor Globe of Invulnerability (prevents level 3 or lower spells from affecting you, ie balagarns horn), and Energy Buffer (nice elemental damage resist buff).

Whatever you choose to use will be dependant on what build you wish to create, and what tactics you want to use.  Those are the domains I would recommend though.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline epheus01

• View Profile
    • Email
Help With Cleric/fighter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 07:28:44 PM »
Thanks very much Lord_Aiden, the info was very useful. Much appreciated.

- epheus01