Author Topic: Team Arena  (Read 11733 times)

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« on: July 11, 2004, 07:31:33 AM »
What if in team arena we had one hostage. One for each team. The hostage is behind a great big wall at the oposite side. And to free the hostage the team must make it through, defences and pulling levers, and that shit, and the first team to rescue the hostage wins... Just a thougt that hit me :)
Sweden isn't so bad. We have IKEA..And..IKEA[/color]

Offline Anarki

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 11:05:09 AM »
I love this guy...
Who needs narrative coherence, or even literacy, anyway? If you can dead-lift 300 pounds, you're the man!

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 11:07:58 AM »
:)..Well, that was good :lol:  

Offline Ludo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 11:47:34 AM »
Bring a hider and you win.

-Ludo

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 02:00:02 PM »
Bring a hider and you win.

-Ludo
lol - youll see :D

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »
My sources say that Talon has a little something for the hiders :D

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 06:20:17 PM »
I think that would be cool.. hostage randomly chosen when u enter the arena.  That would force teams to be able to compensate for a lost member.

Or maybe give the team "leader" or something an item to take a person of thier choosing hostage.. tho that might get annoying.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 06:21:02 PM by Lord_Aiden »
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 06:33:32 PM »
So how do level 20s fit into all this team dueling. I'd geuss the obvious and say that you'd need a bunch of level 20s and duel amongst ourselves....or can we act as the hotages.  :D  

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 07:57:26 PM »
Level 20's are far from usless

they can

- Be bullet catchers/meat sheilds
-They can cast DMG spells
-They can get there ac up to where a level 40 normly has his
-They can duel the other level 20's in the other team
-I'm sure they could hit a mage with there ab

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 08:47:55 PM »
Knowing the crowd that will most often be participating I have my doubts. And unfortunately "Decoy" is not a class....if it were I wonder what it might be like...or maybe that's what str fighters are. 0.0

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2004, 09:03:58 PM »
Knowing the crowd that will most often be participating I have my doubts. And unfortunately "Decoy" is not a class....if it were I wonder what it might be like...or maybe that's what str fighters are. 0.0
I am not sure what you are trying to say but are you some how trying to put down Str fighter??

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 10:42:28 PM »
I was actually testing some things the other day.. and a level 20 monk can hold his own vs most level 40 characters.. except those with unusually high ab and casters.

Thier ac can get to 70ish and with IE can hit 80 or so.. and they rely on 20s to hit anyway so opponent's ac is virutally meaningless.

And level 20 casters can cast all the same spells a level 40 can... bigby's interposing hand, PWK/PWS, balagarn's horn, etc.. do the same "damage" from a level 20 as they do from a level 40.
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 10:48:12 PM »
I'm sure they could hit a mage with there ab
Most HOTU mages have about 90-ish AC if they were made right :(

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 06:47:09 AM »
Well isnt there  a way to scipt so lvl 20 cant damage lvl 40 and lvl 40 cant damage lvl20?
Or that might not b good  :blink:

Btw. I cant be in on godspire for a time, my computer has burned up..

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 06:57:44 AM »
I think that would be cool.. hostage randomly chosen when u enter the arena.  That would force teams to be able to compensate for a lost member.

Or maybe give the team "leader" or something an item to take a person of thier choosing hostage.. tho that might get annoying.
That randomly chosen sounded good.

Offline Lord_Aiden

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 03:26:31 PM »
What is this? an epidemic of computers not working?

This all started when my computers DX Compatibility blew up on me.. I come back and 2 days later Taarna's computer dies.. as soon as taarna gets back Mo's computer explodes...  Now Boo has computer issues.

Watch it guys.. this is an outbreak.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:27:07 PM by Lord_Aiden »

-David Eddings

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 04:20:27 PM »

This all started when my computers DX Compatibility blew up on me.. I come back and 2 days later Taarna's computer dies.. as soon as taarna gets back Mo's computer explodes...  Now Boo has computer issues.

Well in a week i hope to be up and running :)... and then i will kick your arses once again ;)...Enjoy your avantage while i lasts :D

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 11:11:31 PM »

Happens every summer, last summer my computer's amplifier melted and Cuchulann's computer surged, destroying his hard drive, motherboard, processor and video card. Then two of my friends Hard Drives crashed.

Offline Ludo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »
Ya well.. atleast your graphics card didn't explode.

-Ludo

Offline Boo

• View Profile
    • Email
Team Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 02:51:21 PM »
Nope, but it crashed :P...