Author Topic: Which Server Is Better?  (Read 14705 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:46:07 PM »
Aye, maybe posting this is'nt all so wise, because I believe I know the outcome, but nonetheless I'm curious, for I prefer Arivs over Godspire bigtime! What about you?

Offline KingKong

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 01:29:21 AM »
I did a null vote it like Godspire and Arvis evenly its just nice to have a different mod and look....
plz do not send my any emails,cuz they wont get a reply...

*Sigh* sometimes i hate being a noob,cuz there s a GOOD chance off not getting into a clan, exspecialy DOriath my favourite...*Sigh*......

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 05:13:12 AM »
null...... dunno what to say since they're the same.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 06:35:28 AM »
tough question..
godspire has fame and big load of players
Arivs has somthing country, i mean u feel welcome there
i null it
Roses are grey, violets are grey...
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 01:19:49 PM »
Arvis is small and bland -

Godspireis much better in my opinion.
I like to chew on things.

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 01:56:32 PM »
Both are hard.

Arivs is has a homely, welcome feeling but smaller room.
Gospire is industrial-like, but larger room and lots more familiar people.

I have no clue.

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 02:17:44 PM »
I voted Godspire, comeon it was the 2nd server i went to when i got NWN. Its the original (from what i remember) and....iv just gotten used to it
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 02:54:03 PM »
Null. Exact same restrictions, just different aspect. I like godspire because theres lots of newbs, and you can teach them. thats always exiting. I liked arivs also cause the same people came on all the time and they where fun.  The one thing that has to be changed and that really tics me off is redoing all my freakin spells for my wizard. Its an awsome char, but its so anyoing to redo everytime.

-Viper
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 03:09:29 PM »
You poeple look to the players on it, why even care to vote then :P
Same poeple play on it. Also the scripts and mod on both arivs and gs differ a bit and each have their good points.

Arivs isn't made to try to be better than gs, it trys to be different as gs and to fill up things gs miss. Anyway, arivs isn't finished (and not running atm), gs isn't finished either (the new mod). In my opinions, how more null votes how better.

-Mel

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 03:16:54 PM »
I voted Godspire for there i took my first steps in multiplayer nwn and learnend to play PvP but i like Arvis too in my opinion both are the same and good but i choose Godspire over Arvis for it's just something special for me :)
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 03:39:29 PM »
no offense to mel or anything because arivs is wonderful, its just that you can't really replace godspire. its like my home away from home....

-Lord Elessar

Offline Crim

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 04:19:41 PM »
Godspire.
[I'm as perfect as a ragdoll gets.]
Long live the blue glowie buglamps! :]

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 07:36:33 PM »
You poeple look to the players on it, why even care to vote then :P
Same poeple play on it. Also the scripts and mod on both arivs and gs differ a bit and each have their good points.

Arivs isn't made to try to be better than gs, it trys to be different as gs and to fill up things gs miss. Anyway, arivs isn't finished (and not running atm), gs isn't finished either (the new mod). In my opinions, how more null votes how better.

-Mel
[snapback]15649[/snapback]

Aye, maybe so Mel, but in my opinion the smallness and homeliness of Arivs is better, and maybe it is the same concept, but a scipt is a scipt, a player cannot walk in a script, the script can make them walk, in such a case one needs somewhere to walk, and that is the ground itself, the walls, the little stone thingers in the corners of the arena area with healing lights onem... that makes a very large difference. Of course, I basically know GS will win, but all in all, it seems to me most people reply they voted for GS because of the fact that that's where they first did this or that, or they've always been going there... I don't base Arivs on what has happened, I just base it on the mod itself... and it's great! When it comes to room though, sure GS may be bigger... but the thing is rarely would I ever see all that space being used.. in GS everyone just hangs out in there own little area anyway, and the same in Arivs, so room does'nt seem to matter much... either way I'd still vote Arivs... just an opinion I suppose...

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »
And i still havent seen the new mod :P
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Sol megahellball
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stitch
    • View Profile
    • http://experiment777sol.deviantart.com/
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 01:21:27 AM »
I think arvis is alittle better then GS just becuase of no reequipe gear and I was kindy of getting use to it. no offence to GS but I've noiced alot of a randoming activevte since GS being back. Arvis had little or no random at all.
O'hana means Family, Family means no get left behind or Frogotten:)

Tails+Cosmo Forever too ^_^

"If I should visit the moon, well, i'll dance on a moonbeam, and then, I will make a wish on a star and i'll wish I was home once again. Though i'd like to look down at the Earth from above, I would miss all the places and people I love. So although I may go, i'll be cominghome soon. 'Cause I don't want to live on the moon."

626+624 forever ^^

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 07:34:03 AM »
I think arvis is alittle better then GS just becuase of no reequipe gear and I was kindy of getting use to it. no offence to GS but I've noiced alot of a randoming activevte since GS being back. Arvis had little or no random at all.
[snapback]15717[/snapback]

I voted Arivs because I like the grahics work / script work / areas of Arivs :) But with the new GS mod sure things will change :) Let's see :P
About the non randoming hing I think it was because there were a lot of actives sent . Sometimes we were 6 sent on Arivs . When someone don't feel like kicking and advertizing new player , an other will do it . Remeber that guy who didn't say anything and keeping randoming , reloging when booted , frozen , or kded ? We were 4 sent to deal with him . IIRC there was Mort , Bzk , Aikti and me .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 10:02:44 AM »
I miss Perem... :(
Roses are grey, violets are grey...
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 12:09:32 PM »
You miss Perem? The stalker kid? :P

Anyway, Until both are finished I wouldn't even vote at this point. I like GS for it's player attracting and activeness, but not so much for the frequent randoming. I like Arivs for it's homely feel and for small amount of randoming, but don't like it for the fact that it's not always active as much as GS. Once Again, I dunno.

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2005, 02:22:26 PM »
Wow, Arivs is doing better than I thought! W00T... What's funny is how half the people around here don't even spell it right LOL!!! I found a person on NWN that called GodSpire GoldSpire LOL... What a noob... Anyways the reason Arivs never had many randomers, was because I was always on breaking the rules by randoming the randomers... except for when Mort was around, she kicks ass as a sent, she fricken rocks!!! GO MORT!!!!!
P.S. Perems a loser...lol

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 02:22:42 PM »
Aye, maybe posting this is'nt all so wise, because I believe I know the outcome, but nonetheless I'm curious, for I prefer Arivs over Godspire bigtime! What about you?
[snapback]15580[/snapback]

no efffence mel but godspire is by far better than arvis
the reison people are chooseing arvis is because some people that were not sents in godspire were sents in arvis, and a few of the clans/guilds got there own rooms, those are the people who are voteing for arvis, the people that are not are voteing for godspire (the people that didn't get anything out of arvis)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2005, 02:24:54 PM »
Dude, I loved Arivs even before I joined the Antediluvians, that's why i was always there... Smacks Nathan*

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »
well... you havent played at gs for too long, mostly arvis so that's probalby why you liked arvis better

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »
well, what's the difference? Godspire is 10 times better scripted, more people play there, all of the arvis people play there

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 03:36:19 PM »
well, what's the difference? Godspire is 10 times better scripted, more people play there, all of the arvis people play there
[snapback]15763[/snapback]
Isn't true, gs has worse script on some points, the sent stone for sure. And exept a timeing problem with ha, tell me where is the 'bad' scripting on arivs? Also not all players on arivs were gs player. The basic load was from gs, but quite a few never played at gs. You can find that out in this threat too.

It's voting for a server that doesn't exist anyway. Arivs was just a server to backup gs if the load on it did get too heavy or if it went down (isn't needed now). With all the basic scripting done in 3 days. On top of it some poeple vote while they don't know 1 of both servers. If arivs ever will run 24/7 again it prolly won't be public and won't run under the name arivs either. And the old mod won't be used.

If you know both servers, just vote if you think it would mean anything. But don't start a fight about both servers, that's just stupid.

-Mel

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 03:45:24 PM »

no efffence mel but godspire is by far better than arvis
the reison people are chooseing arvis is because some people that were not sents in godspire were sents in arvis, and a few of the clans/guilds got there own rooms, those are the people who are voteing for arvis, the people that are not are voteing for godspire (the people that didn't get anything out of arvis)
[snapback]15760[/snapback]
[/quote]

ehm no dude they went on arvis cuz they wanted PvP maybe some wanted to be sents.
but anyway you shouldn't talk like that anyway i mean mel was kind enough to let the server play on her pc day and night she went trought the trouble of scripting it and making it available for people who wanted GS.
I mean she deservers a little more respect and gratidude :closedeyes:
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 04:30:21 PM »
[snapback]15763[/snapback]
Isn't true, gs has worse script on some points, the sent stone for sure. And exept a timeing problem with ha, tell me where is the 'bad' scripting on arivs? Also not all players on arivs were gs player. The basic load was from gs, but quite a few never played at gs. You can find that out in this threat too.

It's voting for a server that doesn't exist anyway. Arivs was just a server to backup gs if the load on it did get too heavy or if it went down (isn't needed now). With all the basic scripting done in 3 days. On top of it some poeple vote while they don't know 1 of both servers. If arivs ever will run 24/7 again it prolly won't be public and won't run under the name arivs either. And the old mod won't be used.

If you know both servers, just vote if you think it would mean anything. But don't start a fight about both servers, that's just stupid.

-Mel
[snapback]15767[/snapback]

I never said there was bad scripting in arvis, I said that godspire is better scripted, I'm sure talons filter is much better than yours, the duel manager, is better than yours, the dm banning system is cooler, the way the mod looks is nicer .. there's a lot of more things and there's no poitn in saying them all because i already prooved my point

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »
ehm no dude they went on arvis cuz they wanted PvP maybe some wanted to be sents.
but anyway you shouldn't talk like that anyway i mean mel was kind enough to let the server play on her pc day and night she went trought the trouble of scripting it and making it available for people who wanted GS.
I mean she deservers a little more respect and gratidude :closedeyes:
[snapback]15769[/snapback]

i'm not being discrpect dude, the topic is which server is better, I'm saying what my opinion is, i'm not saying fuck you mel, you shouldnt of put arvis up, i'm saying that gs is better than arvis... I think it's nice of hre that she put up arvis as well as all ofyou do, but I'm not saying that she shouldnt of put it up
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 04:32:52 PM by nathan »

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Which Server Is Better?
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »
Actually I nulled because I think SH was the best and, yes GS is better than Arivs, but not lately..... ofcourse I've had a long run on gs, but yes, arivs feels like home.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.