Author Topic: Ezekial?  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Ezekial?
« on: January 10, 2005, 08:41:13 PM »
I was reading one of my books today. It was one that was explaining the Kabalah and i ran across a paragraph with a name that is very familiar to me, here is the passage

"Unfortunately, most of the writings of the 'Merkabah Riders' have been lost, so that full knowledge of their techniques is impossible. From what little we have, we know that their sources seem to be based upon mystical contemplation of the early chapters of Genesis and the Vision of Ezekial. These methods are known respectivelyt as Mah-ah-seh Beh-ray-sheet and Mah-ah-seh Mer-kah-bah. From the fragments of Merkabah Mysticism which still remain, it is assumed that the actual practices of these mystics involed 'astral travel' through a series of seven 'places' (planes?) by way of certain passwords, talismans, and secret signs while in a state of self-induced trance (possibly via self-hypnosis, drugs or sex). The names of each of the guards at each of the secen palaces had to be known so that they could be appeased i nsome way which today is unknown."

Im wondering if this is by pure chance or Lance has knowledge of Hebrew history and/or the Kabalah.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 04:19:44 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Ezekial?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 09:11:48 PM »
Heh, althought Ezekiel isn't a common name, it is one that I've heard before.  I'm not Christian, but there's also a Book of Ezekiel.  If anyone's seen Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. Jackson's character refers and quotes from it.
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Ezekial?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »
im not sure, but he might have just put it cuz it worked, like gin swift. not like "mary burns" or somehing.....

but here's my 2 cents. names that end in -el are generally refering to a king of some sort, like ezekiel is spelt in the bible, but in a book i read once, a slave had the name ezekial, but because he was a slave, it ended in -al and not -el as you can see.

-Lord elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Ezekial?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 04:20:13 PM »
lol i went back and looked in my book again and it is spelled with an a
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Ezekial?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 10:22:13 AM »
Heh, althought Ezekiel isn't a common name, it is one that I've heard before.  I'm not Christian, but there's also a Book of Ezekiel.  If anyone's seen Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. Jackson's character refers and quotes from it.
[snapback]15302[/snapback]
Would that story happen to be The Crucible?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Ezekial?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 10:31:05 AM »
"Im wondering if this is by pure chance or Lance has knowledge of Hebrew history and/or the Kabalah"

A little but its not where i got Ezekiel

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen