Author Topic: The corrupted in power, and stories of disgrace  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
The corrupted in power, and stories of disgrace
« on: January 09, 2005, 01:03:15 AM »
I have now run into the problem that I knew I would... Maybe it is best to start from the beginning, being I have nothing better to do.... da** them!!! I was on GS an' was watching people random the heck out of eachother and nothing being done about it (As usual, corrupt people given power often overlook their buddies as an exception to the rules). At the time I was watching 2 DMs messin around, one was Taarna, an the other was Calvia or somethin like that. Both are DMs I had'nt previously met, and a player I know, Puff Ball was messing around withem, an soon I began to as well. (Messing around as in attacking eachother, saying stupid things etc.) Then Taarna randomed me, which is ok an all, we were just messing around, I suppose out of my own stupidity I had typed Rape, which must have offended one of the two, and without warning or even being told, I was booted. That I was'nt too happy about, mainly because at the time I had no clue what it was I did to get booted, I had nothing to do, so I returned and I asked what it was that I did, and some Jacka$$ whos name I cannot recall replied, that I was being a tard. Immediately I responded with F U - (quite clear on it's meaning) I wasn't talking to you! My words originally asking Calvia-or whatever her/his name is, what it was that I did. Calvia replied by giving me 1 BAN and booting me again, at that point, I was not happy, I had been disgraced, twice. I came back a third time and asked in a more angry fashion "WTF DID I DO!?" I got the reply hellmaster leave, and was booted a third time. With that, I came back again, clearly confused, and majorly ticked. I arrived and, hearing the talk of being sent to the place where people shoot kobolds at you, was sent there, and relogged, hoping I wouldnt be on there, at that I was'nt, but was constantly killed by Meclar mainly, a sentinel I have a High dislike for and have witnessed his abuse of power time and time again. After everyone left, I was no longer majorly ticked, but more along the lines of hurt. I crept out and decided it would be best if I just not said anything and stood out of the way and watched whatever was happening from affar. That I did too, I stood there and watched for about a minute or two, before Taarna just turned and booted me. After that, I needed answers, I knew well that I was being wronged, that if I did do something wrong, it was clearly not bad enough to deserve this kind of treatment. I did'nt know what to do from there, I did'nt have anything to do, an I was hoping at least that I could wait on GS for a friend like Gwyd, Alkti, or Dmar to come on, and we could leave to another server. So, unfortunately, I came back again and this time I was sent to this little boat. I would have actually stayed there on that boat and not have a problem. If someone came on I wanted to talk to I would use Tell and all would be fine, but about a minute later I was sent to a stasis area and frozen. After that I just left. I came back again about five minutes later and was told by BzK to wait awhile to come back, and then he booted me. After that I did'nt know what else to do, I came to the forums. I am much disgraced, this both angers me, and insults me. Worst of all I know that there probably is'nt jack I can do about it, and just hope that what comes around goes around the way it's supposed to.

Aye, whoever reads this, I'm sorry for it's length, but this topic is here to share stories among clan members of times you've been wronged, and or to report to your fellow clan members who you think is abusing their power and adding fustration to your life.

Please do not reply to me with angry words or insults, for I do not want to hear them. My goal here is not to offend any people mentioned or anything else, I just want to share my feelings with my friends, and hope that they understand. If you DO have anything to say on the topic of what happened here, helping me understand, I would be glad to hear it, but that does'nt mean I want to be nailed like I was at GS, so If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I do not know much about these DM's, but I have seen time and time again in different ways the sentinel known as Meclar abuse his power. Therefore I only have one current person I would like to tell my fellow Antediluvians to look out for.

1. Meclar - Sentinel at both Godspire and Arivs.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:06:26 AM »
LOL That was humourous. Just so you know hte BAN system is broked at the moment. Under normal surcumstances you would not have been able to come back for 2 hours.

You need to know how to act around people. Sents stop people from attacking eachother who dont like it. People that disturb other poeple with their fighting are sent to angband. Taarna was just testing some of the items she made on people. You were simply standing next to her. You were not banned for that. You were banned for attacking here while she and Puff were messing around. You dont interefere with a DM's fun unless you are 1. well liked by the DM 2. you are the one being attacked.

I called you a retard because the first words you said when you reloged is, "What the fuck did i do." that was not smart. You are not BOOTED (not banned as i explained) without good reason. The #1 rule you broke is dont piss of a DM. You pissed off 2 of them.

You were booted many times after for for repetedly talking back to Calia. She kept on booting you. You need to get a clue. When you are booted that many tiems in a row you should stop reloging. After a while she was annoyed at you and stoned you. You should never relog to escape punishment, wether from a Sent or a DM. After that you reloged under a different name. You might escape a wrathful Sent like that but honestly, you cant fool a DM. And as Calia guessed, you reloged.

I dont know if you were even watching me but i told you to stop reloging and come back when the DMs were not there to boot you. BzK told you the same thing but he has a little more power than me and stoned you. Sents can not boot/BAN people.

I was a little suprised at Meclar but at the same time, Dont mess with authority. You were being punished, instead of putting you in a cut screen and us killing you with kobolds, you were simply locked in the farm, and out for Meclar to kill...He left and once again you reloged.

I hope this was educational.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 08:44:18 AM »
I know why I have problems with most sents (with exception of Hubba)

I hate it when sents abuse their powers to punish or to do strange things with players just because they are bored  :(
or when they do things that normal players would be punished for  :(

oh btw, I agree with you HeLL about your disliking of meclar, he is really weird
Once he was casting spell after spell (without being in a duel) and all I did was casting one time mordenkainen dispel on him and then I instantly got dazed by him!  :angry:

I don't know why he have to piss off others like that...  :glare:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 08:49:11 AM by Daniel1975 »
G[/span][span style=\'color:orange\']w[/span][span style=\'color:yellow\']y[/span][span style=\'color:green\']d[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']i[/span][span style=\'color:purple\']on[/span] - Slann [span style=\'color:red\']Lord[/span] of the [span style=\'color:green\']Antediluvians

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 09:59:40 AM »
meh, mec gets bored cuz all he does is stand around and watch ppl dueling. He's a nice guy and good sent :D
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 12:20:03 PM »
Messing around as in attacking eachother, saying stupid things etc.
[snapback]15223[/snapback]
Seems enough  <_<  

If you do those thing, you should know you risk problems. As it's breaking the rules you do risk that you may go to far or a other dm/sent acts against you.

It's like trying to handle randomers, or breaking whatever rule to reach your goal (or not reading all of the rules). You take a risk and life with it if something happens. You did take the risk. (and I completly don't recommend to do it)

I don't have more to say about it.

-Mel

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 02:02:16 PM »
Whoever says that Mec abuses his sentinel power is not very bright. Mec has never abused his sentinel powers on godspire, and I have been around longer than any of the people who are saying that he has. Honestly, I've been around longer than anyone who has posted on this thread. Lol, I say Mec keep up the good work, dont let these morons get you down.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 02:26:30 PM »
well what hellmaster says about sents treating friends different is thrue. I have also seen it many times but, they re human like anyone else , normally it shouldnt be that way but it is. And there s nothing we can do about it rather then live with it. Just do like me hellmaster , memorise the rules and keep on them. Ive never been banned before so it seems to work :P

Roses are grey, violets are grey...
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 03:06:10 PM »
well what hellmaster says about sents treating friends different is thrue. I have also seen it many times but, they re human like anyone else , normally it shouldnt be that way but it is. And there s nothing we can do about it rather then live with it. Just do like me hellmaster , memorise the rules and keep on them. Ive never been banned before so it seems to work :P
[snapback]15260[/snapback]

Mec is a good guy . He wouldn't abuse of his sent power . You're the one in fault .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 04:43:04 PM »
[snapback]15260[/snapback]
(For once :P) i agree with mort, i know the rules and as long as you don?t act like a moron you wont be kicked (I?ve never been banned either).

Just like in life, you get to know peoples boundaries, just use some common sense.

Plus the word 'rape' is not a nice one and has worse connotations; I would consider it extremely bad taste to use it in jest. so im not suprised that someone took offence

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 07:06:14 PM »
When I read this, I had to reply. Think about what you said when you posted that, HeLL.

1) You randomed a DM, even if it was good-hearted. You then said "Rape" and were booted, as it offended them.
2) When booted, you relogged and asked why you were booted, and Anheg said you were a retard, which you responded to with "**** you, I wasn't talking to you." Which instantly got the DMs pissed. Booted.
3) You came back, stubbornly, and said "WTF did I do?" which they then told you to leave and booted you. You came back again.
4) Sent to Kobolds, relogged, got killed by Meclar. You stayed afar, and Taarna noticed your arrogance and booted you, hoping you would finally get the message.
5) You were sent to a ship, then frozen. You relogged, and BzK told you to leave and booted you.

All the cursing and persistance to come back must've pissed them off. Oh, and by the way, I haven't seen Meclar ever abuse his power.

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 08:09:49 PM »
:P I know calling someoen a retard is cruel and probable is not right because i am refering to a stupid person as someone truely mentaly challenged, but that is just what i say.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 09:47:15 PM »
:P I know calling someoen a retard is cruel and probable is not right because i am refering to a stupid person as someone truely mentaly challenged, but that is just what i say.
[snapback]15290[/snapback]

Aye, and is "Rape" not what I say? Perhaps, I took offense to "retard," were you booted? I did'nt think so. Nextly, I never randomed a dm, I attacked Puff whom was attacking a dm, and eventually ended up attacking wichever person was being preyed upon by the other two, along with that I'm 100% sure that had nothing to do with it, it was my saying "rape." In which case a polite request not to say it, would have been fine, and I would'nt have said it again. The constant "coming back issue." I don't know how you'd know the banning system Anheg... have you been banned before? I know I had'nt that was my first time, and for ridiculous reasons at that. Also I know one of the rules is "Don't bitch about the DM's/ and or sents" well it just so happens I'm not at GS am I? What about Meclar, what is my problem with him? That is simple, I can even give you an example. There was, indeed one day where there was a person on, I do not recall the name so I guess I cannot say it can I? This person randomed over and over in front of Meclar, but I never seen an action from him, Meclar was active moving around and watching things, but no action. I watched as some new person did the same thing, and was instantly stunned. That is abuse, in my terms, picking and choosing who can do what and when. Sents are there to enforce the rules, not make exceptions to them. I admit he is a fairly nice guy, but that does'nt change the facts, now does it? As for what Gwydian said about him casting and such, I witnessed that event. Just because Meclar is a sent, should that give him exceptions to the rules under normal circumstances such as these? About that common sense bit... well I have a question for you on that one.... How can it be Common Sense, when it's not all that Common? I am a sent myself, I am also a DM, a player, a builder and a scripter. I know the common workings of things. I've built my own mods, but have never enforced my own rules, only others rules, and I have never hosted my server yet, for I am not finished with my server world. Maybe I haven't been around GS as long as many of you, but that does'nt mean I'm some noob that popped up one day. Mercy, your assumption that you've been around longer than everyone here is sheer ignorance, and the fact that you have the will to call another "not very bright," and go as far as to say "never" about him abusing his power is also ignorant. Do you really watch his every move? I suppose if you do then I would rather not hear about it. You clearly do not know me mercy, and I do not know you, for this, I am glad, and hope it stays as such. Oh and Anheg, how would you expect me to reply after being booted once and banned without knowing any reason for it? Certainly you would'nt think I would be happy about it now would you? Also I had used WTF in that context, since I had just asked the question, and being banned once, and was beginning to demand answers, whether it meant being permanantly being banned just to find out. I am much more persistant than that, I'm not one to take crap, and then just suck it up. No, that's not me, I spit it back out, until I either eliminate the issue or solve it. While getting myself permanantly banned would have been an elimination, I chose a solution. Post here. Knowing damn well if someone has something to say about it I don't need, or have to care, nor do I "risk" being abused by some higher authority because of their power they hold. Such a case had proven to me that I would not be persistantly searching at GS and taking uneeded crap while working toward a BAN, I would be ultimately defeating their purpose of power, with an alternative route. Maybe my words rattle the mind, or confuse and distort, but my time has seen no limit for argument, just as my knowledge has seen no case unsolved. I never fight fire with fire, I just put it out with water...

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 09:48:37 PM »
There isn't much to say (but yes my post is long, if you want to reply on it, ReaD It All before doing it), he gets booted that much just because the ban system wasn't working yet. Also Bzk also can't boot someone. Meclar is fast with useing his stone, but I don't think I'll do you anything if you didn't do something bad first. You could say you see him punishing players all the time, but maybe he's just the one whe does his job while others just stand and do nothing. Saying bad words infront of taarna is a very bad idea too (as breaking a rule before a dm is anyway).

If the ban system would have worked correctly it would have been like this: banned by taarna for saying rape.

I really saw enough complains from poeple that have need to use those words all the time and did get punished for it. It's standing in the books that there's a null tolerance to it on gs. + he did break a nice list of rules.

About sents/dm's beeing more friendly to friends, what's so weird about that? I don't say it's 100% correct, but it's normal that someone wouldn't punish a friend as fast or would allow a friend a bit more than a stranger. If you can't life with that I would search yourself a other planet.
I know why I have problems with most sents (with exception of Hubba)

I hate it when sents abuse their powers to punish or to do strange things with players just because they are bored  :(
or when they do things that normal players would be punished for  :(

oh btw, I agree with you HeLL about your disliking of meclar, he is really weird
Once he was casting spell after spell (without being in a duel) and all I did was casting one time mordenkainen dispel on him and then I instantly got dazed by him!  :angry:

I don't know why he have to piss off others like that...  :glare:
[snapback]15224[/snapback]
Sents that use their power to "torture" others for their pleasure won't be sent for long. Sent are allowed to do more than a normal player too, they may kill a randomer if they aren't the one that's getting randomed for example. But they should give the example to others. I see random casting sent as somthing worse than a player who's random casting. But the rules say that if you have a problem with a sent you should go to a dm with it, if you handle directly against a sent you're breaking that rule. Like it is now poeple actualy want that sent can do less than the normal player. On top of it, if you read the rules well, the players complaining about sents in this thread did break so much rules that I really wonder if they actualy know what they do.

Poeple complain fast too, the only time I ever was stoned, it was for casting 3 horns in a duel, I did give the other the time to stand up and cast a mantle btw, the other just didn't :P. It was agianst someone that kept asking to duel and kept losing. Other words, I wanted to finish it a bit more quickly. I didn't complain that I got stoned for that. I wasn't very nice to horn that other down anyway, it wasn't exaclty a good player that knew how to handle it.

Well placed critique is good to improve existing things, but those post here aren't it from far.

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 09:58:34 PM »
[snapback]15290[/snapback]

Aye, and is "Rape" not what I say? Perhaps, I took offense to "retard," were you booted? I did'nt think so. Nextly, I never randomed a dm, I attacked Puff whom was attacking a dm, and eventually ended up attacking wichever person was being preyed upon by the other two, along with that I'm 100% sure that had nothing to do with it, it was my saying "rape." In which case a polite request not to say it, would have been fine, and I would'nt have said it again. The constant "coming back issue." I don't know how you'd know the banning system Anheg... have you been banned before? I know I had'nt that was my first time, and for ridiculous reasons at that. Also I know one of the rules is "Don't bitch about the DM's/ and or sents" well it just so happens I'm not at GS am I? What about Meclar, what is my problem with him? That is simple, I can even give you an example. There was, indeed one day where there was a person on, I do not recall the name so I guess I cannot say it can I? This person randomed over and over in front of Meclar, but I never seen an action from him, Meclar was active moving around and watching things, but no action. I watched as some new person did the same thing, and was instantly stunned. That is abuse, in my terms, picking and choosing who can do what and when. Sents are there to enforce the rules, not make exceptions to them. I admit he is a fairly nice guy, but that does'nt change the facts, now does it? As for what Gwydian said about him casting and such, I witnessed that event. Just because Meclar is a sent, should that give him exceptions to the rules under normal circumstances such as these? About that common sense bit... well I have a question for you on that one.... How can it be Common Sense, when it's not all that Common? I am a sent myself, I am also a DM, a player, a builder and a scripter. I know the common workings of things. I've built my own mods, but have never enforced my own rules, only others rules, and I have never hosted my server yet, for I am not finished with my server world. Maybe I haven't been around GS as long as many of you, but that does'nt mean I'm some noob that popped up one day. Mercy, your assumption that you've been around longer than everyone here is sheer ignorance, and the fact that you have the will to call another "not very bright," and go as far as to say "never" about him abusing his power is also ignorant. Do you really watch his every move? I suppose if you do then I would rather not hear about it. You clearly do not know me mercy, and I do not know you, for this, I am glad, and hope it stays as such. Oh and Anheg, how would you expect me to reply after being booted once and banned without knowing any reason for it? Certainly you would'nt think I would be happy about it now would you? Also I had used WTF in that context, since I had just asked the question, and being banned once, and was beginning to demand answers, whether it meant being permanantly being banned just to find out. I am much more persistant than that, I'm not one to take crap, and then just suck it up. No, that's not me, I spit it back out, until I either eliminate the issue or solve it. While getting myself permanantly banned would have been an elimination, I chose a solution. Post here. Knowing damn well if someone has something to say about it I don't need, or have to care, nor do I "risk" being abused by some higher authority because of their power they hold. Such a case had proven to me that I would not be persistantly searching at GS and taking uneeded crap while working toward a BAN, I would be ultimately defeating their purpose of power, with an alternative route. Maybe my words rattle the mind, or confuse and distort, but my time has seen no limit for argument, just as my knowledge has seen no case unsolved. I never fight fire with fire, I just put it out with water...
[snapback]15308[/snapback]
Just read the books a time. That might help to understand why you get punished. Second, keep the complains for yourself till nobody can say you recently did break a load of rules. You just make it worse.

Also, if you try to set the argument that everyone is equal, please show some more respect for the newbies, you're not exactly nice to them.

If you really can't put it aside, and want to keep going. You might want to search yourself a other server than gs to stay on.

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 10:10:17 PM »
The Newbs? My main attempt is either to ignore them, or help them. Otherwise I don't bother with them, and if you mean new as in new to LM, I am myself.  When it comes to arguing and making matters worse, I never care much about that. I am very persistant, and will continue until the situation depletes itself. About reading the books, bah I could type the rules to you now if I wanted too. I've even found such flaws as the "No Dragon Form Rule" not being totally clear and not stating that it IS allowed in a duel. Along with the "No Healing Spells" that should be no healing. Maybe that second one has been fixed now, I don't recall the last time I checked if it said no healing or no healing spells. The thing with that though is one could assume they are able to heal using an ability, but not heal using a spell. Anyways the my last post pretty much explains all that, maybe it's hard to see I dunno, I tend to talk and type/write in riddles, but they make sense to the educated.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »
When it comes to randomers I judge by what I see and that includes text.  If it's obvious the people know each other I will stand watch while they random each other and that it stays contained and they are not thought as randomers of people they do not know.
I also allow self buffs so people may check their stats or whatever, again if it gets out of hand I step in.  Which explains why I dazed that person for stripping them from me.
If there are few people on I will "ignore" summons until again it gets out of control or more people log in. I realize it's fun to attack people which I do as well.
I do not tolerate profanity and abusive language with the except of it directed at me or people who know each other.
The most offensive words I use on other people is moron and others like dillweed dingleberry which most people don't know what they are anyway. Again the few exceptions are when people REPEATIVELY break the rules.
IF I WAS RUDE TO YOU IN THIS WAY THEN PLEASE LET A DM OR SENTINEL KNOW.
There are other exceptions here too that I "ignore".  You also need to understand some of the players have been playing on GS since it first began or those played for a very long time and those I know well enough to understand what they are doing without interfering. For me to deal with these people is very difficult because they have close relationships with DMs or other Sentinels and may view me as an annoying newcomer newb when in actuallity I have been playing since pre-SOU.
Unfortunately people seem to ignore the times that I am passive and take notice of the times when I'm aggressive.

I have had trouble with you in the past Hell and you consistently show disrespect for GS rules.  You were fortunate to have had the time to make things better but instead you managed to get yourself on the Official Randomer Thread which I consider to be excessive.
Normally I do not hold grudges and my grudge list is very short. If you are stoned I suggest you wait 24 hours before returning unless told otherwise (this is by my own standards). There is a reason why people get booted and stoned it's to show you are not welcome to have the freedoms of other players and you have done something wrong. Once that 24 period is past I forget most happenings and things go back to normal, basically a clean slate.

I'm sure there are plenty of complaints about me and if approached with reasonablity and basic respect I will explain why.
Being a Sentinel I feel compelled to impartial and judge based on those rules in that annoying respawning book. I try to treat even the regular players (when punished) the same as I would treat a newcomer, words like "Understand?" So if off screen someone swears at you and you decide to be a vigilante and kill them yourself and I only see you random them twice then guess what.....I base it on what I see....if you have a problem on the server please come to a DM/Sentinel and it is very rare when people do this.
I also encourage people who complain on spot about me or other Sentinels to either talk to the DM (who I will point out) or I will give them the web address to the GS forum.

Now Hell if you had decided to post this after the first time you had been booted by a DM that night then your post would have been a lot shorter wouldn't it?

>>>>>>>At least read the last few lines if you aren't HeLL<<<<<<<
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 11:33:14 PM by Meclar »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 11:04:22 PM »
The Newbs? My main attempt is either to ignore them, or help them. Otherwise I don't bother with them, and if you mean new as in new to LM, I am myself.  When it comes to arguing and making matters worse, I never care much about that. I am very persistant, and will continue until the situation depletes itself. About reading the books, bah I could type the rules to you now if I wanted too. I've even found such flaws as the "No Dragon Form Rule" not being totally clear and not stating that it IS allowed in a duel. Along with the "No Healing Spells" that should be no healing. Maybe that second one has been fixed now, I don't recall the last time I checked if it said no healing or no healing spells. The thing with that though is one could assume they are able to heal using an ability, but not heal using a spell. Anyways the my last post pretty much explains all that, maybe it's hard to see I dunno, I tend to talk and type/write in riddles, but they make sense to the educated.
[snapback]15315[/snapback]
I mean new as new to the web, a game, a forum. Also I have a good memory. I know very well what you all did. About newbs.

That the rules need a facelift on some places is true, to clear it a bit out. Feats that gets casted (familair, lay on hands, ect) are spells too. And the dragon rule .. if you folow it to the letter, you can't break the rule. And if you know them so well, you shouldn't wonder why something nasty did happen with the things you did.

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 12:00:27 AM »
I've said all that I am going to say, misread it, judge me on it, hate me for it, I could care less, shit happens, and this shit is done...let the thread end...
and... thank you Meclar, for... making an attempt at least... to say what went through your head..although... it does'nt explain everything, I admit the chain of events leading up to this could have been stopped by me... but my words all meant the same thing, before being stopped by me... it could have been stopped by the DM with the intent on booting me, by politely asking me not to say that particular word, the rules say all that about language and bla bla being strictly enforced... the problem is... one word that's bad to one person is... ok to another... I won't respond after this...

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 12:10:03 AM »
I won't replay on that last. I'll just add something that may be usefull to know.

If there are problems whit anything on gs, including rules/sents/dm's, talk about it before it runs into problems. Preventing is the best thing to do and you'll much more poeple that listen to you that way.

The topic starter won't post here anymore, this thread has no point to continue, and it doesn't has a connection to the Antediluvians clan.

So I move it to the gs forum and close it.

-Mel