Author Topic: What is your view of the world?  (Read 15669 times)

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
What is your view of the world?
« on: January 05, 2005, 01:53:08 AM »
This isn't a thread about identity.

How did you come to be here and who were you on arrival? Was it just a biogical reaction or was there some greater purpose or other existence which determined your entry into this world?

What are you doing on Earth? Why are you here?

My view: is that I'm an alien who has just arrived and all these creatures around me are totally new. And they aren't terribly nice as far as I can see. Secretly, i think I was sent by the Celestial Fieldmarischal Zhoda to scout out this planet for an invasion and that all I am is a recording medium. I don't think I will find anyone who likes me but then, I don't really expect to find anyone I like either.

How about you?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 09:33:09 PM »
Could make a good book...maybe you should start writing

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Sol megahellball
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stitch
    • View Profile
    • http://experiment777sol.deviantart.com/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 09:43:16 PM »
I think that I was sent here to help people and entertan people (like Elves)
O'hana means Family, Family means no get left behind or Frogotten:)

Tails+Cosmo Forever too ^_^

"If I should visit the moon, well, i'll dance on a moonbeam, and then, I will make a wish on a star and i'll wish I was home once again. Though i'd like to look down at the Earth from above, I would miss all the places and people I love. So although I may go, i'll be cominghome soon. 'Cause I don't want to live on the moon."

626+624 forever ^^

Offline Chichiri

• AOL Instant Messenger - Chichiri66
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 10:57:16 PM »
[snapback]14961[/snapback]

Except bluish and not as bloated.
Watch it.
Excel Saga

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 11:00:28 PM »
[snapback]14961[/snapback]

Except bluish and not as bloated.
[snapback]14967[/snapback]
lol

"If I should visit the moon, well, i'll dance on a moonbeam, and then, I will make a wish on a star and i'll wish I was home once again. Though i'd like to look down at the Earth from above, I would miss all the places and people I love. So although I may go, i'll be cominghome soon. 'Cause I don't want to live on the moon."

626+624 forever ^^

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 11:32:15 PM »
im on this world because i was born just like everyone else, and will soon die just like everyone else.... theres no "greater purpose"
face it... life is worthless

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 11:37:46 PM »
that is so not true and you now it.

626+624 forever ^^

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 11:39:56 PM »
oh yeah? prove it!

were just like animals.. we breed for the survival of our species nothing more nothing less

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 11:46:33 PM »
you are forgetting about love and respict to one an other. The lord put us on the earth for a ression and that ression is to live in peace with everyone, but lateley there is hate and war the things that god does not want on the earth. So you ask your self that question agian is life really worthless to you?

626+624 forever ^^

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 07:23:43 AM »
im on this world because i was born just like everyone else, and will soon die just like everyone else.... theres no "greater purpose"
face it... life is worthless
[snapback]14973[/snapback]
I agree with Doofer exept that life is what we make it. We dont have a great perpose. We dont have a "Lord" as you say. We evolved from the archebacteria from an ancient meteor on the North Pole that came from Mars.  

Stitch, war is part of human instinct.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 07:38:07 AM »
mm, no comment
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 08:09:03 AM »
ya i think life is what we make of it.
ya i think we're just biological occurrences.
ya i think religion helps give life purpose.

But heck, I am an Alien contruct here to psy ahea dof a galactic invasion! What would I know???

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 09:08:59 AM »
you are forgetting about love and respict to one an other. The lord put us on the earth for a ression and that ression is to live in peace with everyone, but lateley there is hate and war the things that god does not want on the earth. So you ask your self that question agian is life really worthless to you?
[snapback]14978[/snapback]

Sounds kind of dull "And to man, I grant you the duty of being nice"

I'm using the power rangers to steal bandwidth from 10,000 people in florida.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 10:29:19 AM »
give me proof of this "lord" of yours please

sure people make up all kinds of religion because they need somthing to believe in... doesnt make any of it true thou

i like that "life is what you make it" part

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 10:30:06 AM »
mm, no comment
great addition to the topic man :P

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 11:04:38 AM »
This isn't a thread about identity.

How did you come to be here and who were you on arrival? Was it just a biogical reaction or was there some greater purpose or other existence which determined your entry into this world?

What are you doing on Earth? Why are you here?

My view: is that I'm an alien who has just arrived and all these creatures around me are totally new. And they aren't terribly nice as far as I can see. Secretly, i think I was sent by the Celestial Fieldmarischal Zhoda to scout out this planet for an invasion and that all I am is a recording medium. I don't think I will find anyone who likes me but then, I don't really expect to find anyone I like either.

How about you?
[snapback]14880[/snapback]

maybe they arent so nice because your hell annoying -.-

give me proof of this "lord" of yours please

sure people make up all kinds of religion because they need somthing to believe in... doesnt make any of it true thou

i like that "life is what you make it" part
[snapback]15024[/snapback]

i quote the dollar bill "In God We Trust"
its not about proof, its about believing in your faith. it has nothing to do with whether its true or not(i admit i have doubted whether some other religion was the true correct religion before), its about having an idea of who you are, and what you are to be.

my teacher once read us a quote: God put humans just one step beneath the angels for a reason, and we have been getting lower ever since.

we're imperfect, so don't give a dam about being perfect, cuz a lot of people do.

oh and gashmo, its only a matter of time before they cart you off to an insane asylum......

-Lord Elessar

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 11:11:01 AM »
it's called belief, no proof

no comment
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 02:07:47 PM »
So I was wondering... If I quote currency and the quote is in no way related to my argument, does it make my argument insta-valid?

Novus Ordo Seclorum. yay I'm special.

Offline kristie dian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 04:06:28 PM »
(wondering if ani1 know the REAL history of the god and other tink like that) did u know that the *lord* is nothing but a damm feak he was created by a somme1 that wanted to have power so he said: im the great cleric i can communicate whit the *lord* if you dont follow his commande i will sand you to hell! thats how your lord have been created and the purpose of all other god was ignorance what i mena by there is that all grec god and other god was created cause in that time they could not explaine a scintifical fact like why is ther a sun raise and a sun set that the story the god (btw im not sayng you should not belive in what you tink is true since the valor of god are good im just sayng the true story)

Offline CABAZON

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 05:02:07 PM »
I think there should be one unified religeon that magically everyone loves and they follow it blindly to be happy.

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 05:12:48 PM »
i'm going to go off topic for a sec
I think this should go under flamewars
Becaus there's alot of coflict.

626+624 forever ^^

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 05:23:31 PM »
well this forum is one of the few places on the web where friends can actually discuss stuf flike religon and politics.. on other forums its auto baned.

And you know WHY we can discuss them?? Because when we get sick of each other all we need to do is go into pvp and bash each other to pieces!!! It's great!

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 07:15:34 PM »
i quote the dollar bill "In God We Trust"
thats not on *my* dollar bill, hell my country doesnt have a dollar bill! besides what does that prove?

you wont be able to prove anything to me until you have jesus' head on a stick and wave it in my face

when we get sick of each other all we need to do is go into pvp and bash each other to pieces!!!
lol

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 08:30:12 PM »
(wondering if ani1 know the REAL history of the god and other tink like that) did u know that the *lord* is nothing but a damm feak he was created by a somme1 that wanted to have power so he said: im the great cleric i can communicate whit the *lord* if you dont follow his commande i will sand you to hell! thats how your lord have been created and the purpose of all other god was ignorance what i mena by there is that all grec god and other god was created cause in that time they could not explaine a scintifical fact like why is ther a sun raise and a sun set that the story the god (btw im not sayng you should not belive in what you tink is true since the valor of god are good im just sayng the true story)
[snapback]15046[/snapback]
LOL i was waiting for someoen to say that. Once again, i like beleiving in a deity, but i dont like the god the catholics, christians, and most other main stream religions, but they only stay 'main stream' because parents tend to force it upon their children.

i'm going to go off topic for a sec
I think this should go under flamewars
Becaus there's alot of coflict.
There is no conflict here. Difference in opinion obviously but i dont see anyone getting angry about it. One thing about me is that i tend to disagree with a lot of things in this world, but i accept that other people beleive in them and that there is nothing i can do about it so, getting angry is pointless ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:33:09 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 03:51:12 AM »
[snapback]15046[/snapback]

Try again clerics came way after beleaf in god

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 12:20:07 PM »
now you should know that even though the christian beliefs are in a way forced upon the children they mostly sort out what they believe in after a while. A lot look upon the Bible as a guidebook to how we should live our lives, but there are ofcourse those that are really awkward about faith.
I've done some research on beliefs, so far I've been through Evolution and Islam and listened to discussion about how the world came to be what it is over and over. I've been raised a christian and have no reason to start believing in anything else since I don't think ppl should live their lives clinging to beliefs. We are brought here to live our lives the way we wish and when we die we'll witness first hand what comes next. I believe in God, Jesus Christ and the holy spirit, you choose your religion if you want one, but don't ever question my belief. There is no proof to the existence of God, this is why it's called belief.
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 12:45:20 PM »
I call it blind faith and i was raised Presbeterian (i dont know how to spell it) which is christian and im rebelling because i disagree almost completely.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 12:46:49 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 01:44:40 PM »
There is no conflict here. Difference in opinion obviously but i dont see anyone getting angry about it. One thing about me is that i tend to disagree with a lot of things in this world, but i accept that other people beleive in them and that there is nothing i can do about it so, getting angry is pointless ;)
DUDE YES!
that exactly what ive been trying to say in the sexism topic

if more people start thinking like this then the world will be a much better place

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2005, 03:23:03 AM »
DUDE YES!
that exactly what ive been trying to say in the sexism topic

if more people start thinking like this then the world will be a much better place
[snapback]15108[/snapback]
sexism topic?

626+624 forever ^^

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2005, 05:39:44 AM »
I just watched Troy. That movie kixx teh ass
I like to chew on things.