Author Topic: 2 Problems  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
2 Problems
« on: July 09, 2004, 12:25:48 PM »
First the problem with damage to monks when I use TS with my level 20 SD/wiz/rogue. For some reason when I cast TS and then attack a monk with or without EB my sword does somewhere between 1-8 damage. the sword has all damage bonuses and is a rapier (damages consist of blud. pierce slash and magic). It also has keen and massive crits I believe. My question is why is this happeningor is there some newbish explaination that I'm overlooking? I can say it only happens to monks but for the life of me I don't know why. If more info is needed on the character post reply.

Second, since I came back to GS after a couple of months being absent I have been regularly disconnected. The disconnects happen about every 30 minutes and sometime are more frequent. I have checked my firewall settings and wires hubbs and such and have not found a problem on my end. The disconnects only happen with GS server and take about 5 minutes to reconnect. Has anthing server connection settings changed in the past few months? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Meclar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 01:20:40 PM »
To answer your first question:

At level 20 monks recieve the Perfect Self feat which provides them +1/20 dmg reduction and immunity to mind effects.

To pass this reduction you need to have at least +1 enhancement bonus on your weapon.

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
2 Problems
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 01:37:46 PM »
Also, I believe another way around this is to change the weapon from being primarily physical damage.  It seems that innate damage reduction does not affect elemental/magical types of damage.

This is why most people don't notice the monk reduction, as elemental damage is so popular.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
2 Problems
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 02:59:02 PM »
First the problem with damage to monks when I use TS with my level 20 SD/wiz/rogue. For some reason when I cast TS and then attack a monk with or without EB my sword does somewhere between 1-8 damage. the sword has all damage bonuses and is a rapier (damages consist of blud. pierce slash and magic). It also has keen and massive crits I believe. My question is why is this happeningor is there some newbish explaination that I'm overlooking? I can say it only happens to monks but for the life of me I don't know why. If more info is needed on the character post reply.

Second, since I came back to GS after a couple of months being absent I have been regularly disconnected. The disconnects happen about every 30 minutes and sometime are more frequent. I have checked my firewall settings and wires hubbs and such and have not found a problem on my end. The disconnects only happen with GS server and take about 5 minutes to reconnect. Has anthing server connection settings changed in the past few months? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Meclar
Well - the server itself is running solid as a rock - i just now restarted it manually after staying up for 7 hours of peak useage.
There are various problems with the NWN client code that result in the client crashing - it sounds like these are what you are experiencing as there are no server/connection issues at present.
These bugs are magnified on godspire, due to the nature of the server - lots of people fighting within your characters perception range, and using animations known to crash clients (e.g the coming out of stealth-mode animation - many other servers dont have this problem due to them effectively nerfiing the SD class with standard NWN True seeing).
We are hoping that they fix these with 1.63, as the crashes affect us all (particularly those people with ATI GFX Cards)

Offline Lord_Aiden

• MSN Messenger - DJ_LiquidIce@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - acp3983
    • View Profile
    • Email
2 Problems
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 05:39:14 PM »
Or those of us with 64mb or less Sound Cards.. particularly of the SoundBlaster Live Variety... I crash on average 3-4 times per day due to a bug with NWN/DirectSound/SoundBlaster Live compatibility.

Still haven't isolated exactly where the problem lies so I can address it.
A.K.A. Xorin - Dragon Archer of the Marauders
And to the non-pvp world: Marius, Keeper of Lore, Council Member of the Necromantic Tower.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

-Confucius, The Confucian Analects

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

It's always best in the long run to be what you are. It isn't proper to behave as if you were more, but it isn't good to behave as if you were less, either... The whole problem seems to be finding out exactly what you really are.

-David Eddings

You can have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power.

-Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
2 Problems
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 06:00:58 PM »
I hadn't notice the damage reduction on other weapons that have only physical damage. And at some points the weapon will do normal damage it just seems  a bit odd for it never being this dramatic before. Because it is either very poor damage or the damage is really good like it should be.

If you have reset or whatever it is you did maybe it will work better for me. I keep watching all the flashing glowie lights on the hubb and I swear they blink red and/or yellow every once in a while. It's just hard to watch it when it's under mah table....maybe I'll setup a mirror contraption....hmmm.

Thanks for the suggestions they have given me some ideas.

Thanks again,
Meclar