Author Topic: clan tournament  (Read 40698 times)

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
    • http://
clan tournament
« on: December 27, 2004, 05:57:03 AM »
i was thinking to bring some of the clans/ guilds back up and active and to organize a new event in arivs.
The best way to do that is holding a clan tournament. U all wondering , whats that ??
well, each clan and guild that participate with this should choose 1 representive from theyre clan (they do best to take their best player)
then we hold a litle tournament against each other.
How we do that?
Well i was thinking about an innocent hand(me) blindly draws wich clan fight wich, the winner of the battle goes on to the semi half/half/ finals.
well in this stage it only an idea, can u let me know here if u like it or not and if ur clan is willing to participate.

this way i can work things better out qua date , time , rules ,etc...

Current List of Rules:

1.Level 40 clan battle

2.clans are responsible of having 3 players their on the date,if only 2 show up they have to fight with 2 vs 3

3.since its 3vs3 clans dont have to register their champions names, but they do have to register here whether they will participate or not.

4.interference from outside of any kind will make the batle to be replayed. If a clan member interfere in the duel that clan will be dispatched.

5.referring to max idea: people who do wanna join but arent in any group or clan can make a small group of 3 for the tournament. but they have to give it a name and register the name before the deadline.  

REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL 01/01/2005

Registered Clans
[ol type=\'1\'][li]DcD [/li][li]Brujah[/li][li]Doriath[/li][li]Antes[/li][/ol]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 05:17:15 AM by James_2k »
Roses are grey, violets are grey...
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 06:00:42 AM »
ow and btw Melissa, should this come through would u mind considering putting a billboard on arivs like they had in the homeworld of the Antedilluvians? Might be handy to post results etc and for in the future other events
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 08:52:20 AM »
Well DcD signs maxou up as fighter

plz post u fighter here asap
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 09:14:15 AM »
It's ok with something like this, but Doriath is gonna have a hard time picking from 20 ppl and then finding out who's still playing nwn lol
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:54:19 AM »
ow and btw Melissa, should this come through would u mind considering putting a billboard on arivs like they had in the homeworld of the Antedilluvians? Might be handy to post results etc and for in the future other events
[snapback]13973[/snapback]
mm, I'll be busy next few days (a day or 2-3), afther that I have more time to script things. I have a sort of board where you can post on dled from nwvault, but I somewhat refuse to use someones code if I didn't turned it inside out to see what it all does.

I plan to script arivs well to do wars as it wanted it to be a war server for gs. So poeple would have no lag from other poeple not part of the way.

-Mel

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 11:49:36 AM »
i was thinking to bring some of the clans/ guilds back up and active and to organize a new event in arivs.
The best way to do that is holding a clan tournament. U all wondering , whats that ??
well, each clan and guild that participate with this should choose 1 representive from theyre clan (they do best to take their best player)
then we hold a litle tournament against each other.
How we do that?
Well i was thinking about an innocent hand(me) blindly draws wich clan fight wich, the winner of the battle goes on to the semi half/half/ finals.
well in this stage it only an idea, can u let me know here if u like it or not and if ur clan is willing to participate.

this way i can work things better out qua date , time , rules ,etc...

Registered Clans/Members

[ol type=\'1\']

[/li][li]DcD (Maxou)

[/li][/ol]
[snapback]13972[/snapback]

Of what level should your clan representive be??
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 11:50:23 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 12:31:27 PM »

Of what level should your clan representive be??
[snapback]13995[/snapback]
[/quote]

level 40
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »
Good idea, Mort, but... it could use a little changes... I mean, clans like Doriath and such might have a hard time choosing the best representative. So, here's what I would change:

2 representatives or more per clan(/guild)

The "Innocent" hand will have a bowl of pieces of paper, on which will be numbers. When we are beginning the layout of the tournament, the players will line up, and the forementioned innocent hand will pick a piece of paper, and the player will be assigned that number. The numbers will be listed 1-10 style, and battle connections will be made (if 4 are participating, #1 will fight #2, #3 will fight #4). Somewhat complicated, but organized.

That should control the confusion...

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 02:06:33 PM »
well first all clans must be registered, if they wanna register 2 persons cuz perhaps 1 cant come that date so be it but then they must choose their representative and theyre replacement. this to undo the problem from picking players who are good against certain other players

but once again , first the register part . all clans register here and james will add  them on the rewgister board
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »
It might be best to wait for GS to be up and running again.

Once people hear that it is up again that will create more traffic and activity and help with the tournament and then you can use Arivs for what Melisa has planned for it.

Use the tournament for a trail run on Arivs and make it a CLAN tournament 3v3 or something.  

Having just one person from each clan narrows involvment of players and defeats the purpose of having clans.

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 06:09:26 PM »

Once people hear that it is up again that will create more traffic and activity and help with the tournament and then you can use Arivs for what Melisa has planned for it.

Use the tournament for a trail run on Arivs and make it a CLAN tournament 3v3 or something. 

Having just one person from each clan narrows involvment of players and defeats the purpose of having clans.
[snapback]14017[/snapback]
i like that idea
maybe having a 3v3 at first (before gs is back) would be good - there would be more people later and 3v3 would keep the numbers up :)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 06:25:42 PM »

[snapback]14017[/snapback]
i like that idea
maybe having a 3v3 at first (before gs is back) would be good - there would be more people later and 3v3 would keep the numbers up :)
[snapback]14018[/snapback]
There should be a date. I wouldn't take it too close because most clans didn't react  yet. It also helps me if I want to do some basic scripting for it.

And whatever you do , don't go over 5vs5 exept if you're a low frames per second fan or somthing.

(I'm useing a 600x400 resolution on a p166 atm :P)

-Mel

Offline kristie dian

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 10:02:23 PM »
i tink you should wait until the holiday is over cause somme ppl could have somme *fammilie activitie*....maybe you should wait a little for that and by that time gs should be back.

Offline scruffy012

• MSN Messenger - scruffy012
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/hitman187au/index.htm
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 03:01:29 AM »
sounds good, but i dunno how vertrue is going to go :P hehe, i agree with mels idea of making arvis a 'war' area but im relatively still a newbie and havent seen GS cuz im 1.65 :(, looking forward to it

scruffy
when you first saw halo were you blinded by its majesty????

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 03:26:38 AM »
3v3 would be insane . And clan wars team vs team is always isane :D GOGOGOGO

I agree with meclar about that clan involvement . GO Doriath :D Go DcD :P
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 04:53:15 AM »
Hmm to increase number of people in the tournament AND life on the nwn scene we can do it a 3v3 clan/guild tournament like this : ( sry for my poor english I hope you'll understand )

Every people can join if they are member of a clan . Each clan who wanna participate can make 3 member teams . Number of teams = unlimited : clan can have team A , team B , team C , etc .
If team can't be with 3 member of a clan they can ask to a guild member to participate . That way they will represent their clan AND the guild . Guild can also make 3 member teams ( if they lack of members they can also ask to people in other guild to joint their teams > they will represent 2 guild that way ) .
If there's a clan member with 1 or more guild in a team , that team can represent clan and guild .

As an exemple if Doriath want to make a 3 member guild but they're only 2 > they ask to someone in DcD to join their team . In the tournament they will represent Doriath and DcD . If they win Doriath win and DcD win ( best case ever :D ) .

That might increase clan / guild  members because people need to be in a clan or in a guild to participate to the tournament .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 05:09:56 AM »
well the problem is since gs is down i havent seen many activity from all the clans except lod.
what i mean is it will be vry hard to get 3 players from ur clan ready for the batle.
dcd for example has only 3 players active atm including me.
hmm , perhaps it would be better to wait with the act date until gs is up and running.
that gives each clan more time for preparation.
But to make a 3v3 batle completely honest and to avoid the chaos there is some need of scripting indeed. Minmei and i came up with a good idea for that back when the team pvp server was up.
Each teams start in a different small house/ area/ whatever with the door to the main area locked. There they can get prepared if they wish (buffs etc). When the referree pulls a lever countdown start and after countdown doors get unlocked/ openend.

Hmm mel asked for a date. Well i believe gs wont be up after newyear so date will be at least a week or 2 away. This gives some clans / guilds (i think mainly about ante s, brujah and DcD) time to regroup or even recruit.

Since it now will be a 3vs3 clan batle the prize will be simple i presume: Having the title *Strongest teampvp group of Godspire*

here follows a current list off rules:
1.Level 40 clan batle
2.clans are responsible of having 3 players their on the date,if only 2 show up they have to fight with 2 vs 3
3.since its 3vs3 clans dont have to register their champions names, but they do have to register here wether they will participate or not. REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTILL 01/01/2005
4.interference from outside of any kind will make the batle to be replayed. If a clan member interfere in the duel that clan will be dispatched.
 :excl: 5.referring to max idea: people who do wanna join but arent in any group or clan can make a small group of 3 for the tournament. but they have to give it a name and register the name before the deadline. :excl:

so far the rules. updates will probably follow during the days
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 05:16:05 AM by Morticia »
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 05:43:14 AM »

Clan: Brujah

Reprsentive: Razor Blade lvl 40 Mage
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 08:04:56 AM »
I like this idea very much, count Doriath in. This is the A-team then :P I'll check to c how many ppl we can get to play and then we'll make teams :)
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 08:39:39 AM »
good:D
ow and razor u gotta make a team act
team of 3, rules are expressed above
it doesnt even exactly has to be all members of brujah if u have trouble to find them
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 01:16:54 PM »
3v3?! Lvl 40 only?! Registration until Jan. 1st?! :rolleyes:

Alright, now seriously...

Why have 3v3? If a member has a problem showing up, such as a family thing/church/school, anything, then one team has a disadvantage, and cannot get a replacement member.

Why, if someone is on DcD's and Doriath's side, do the sides get an extra win?

Now, 3v3 battles are all well and good, but 1v1 is a traditional style of tournaments, and much less hectic. If 1 person can't arrive to a 1v1 battle, the other person must automatically win. In 3v3, you have to decide whether to handicap that team for another members inability to come, or you must reduce the other side to match. And, if you have 2 reps., there would be about 12 others anyway. If someone brings an anti-archer character, then anyone who brings an archer would be at some disadvantage. But, and this is the good thing about that, only a couple members would be archers.

*plays "The more you know" theme.*

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004, 01:40:49 PM »
it's better this way, Doriath can't show up with 10 teams now can they :P
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 01:56:46 PM »
Want me to fight in place of a missing member ? :P

j/k

-Mel

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 02:05:45 PM »
well celestial , read my post better:p
its clans/guild/groups responsibility to have their members
1 missing, their fault, they have to fight with 2 vs 3 then
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2004, 04:30:58 PM »
well celestial , read my post better:p
its clans/guild/groups responsibility to have their members
1 missing, their fault, they have to fight with 2 vs 3 then
[snapback]14070[/snapback]
Or the other leaving 1 member out to have 2vs2. That's what I saw clans do on counterstike. They are allwoed to continue whit 3 but may drop 1 to stay a bit fair :P

-Mel

Offline Blood Angel

• View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2004, 04:32:55 PM »
that's quite nice of them
And when they fly away,
But still,

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi

Offline Morticia

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2004, 04:41:23 PM »
thats nice yes, and if they wish they can do that
but if they wanna win >p
choice is to them then
I m dead and collorblind

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2004, 04:42:44 PM »
What is the date and time of the clan wat so every can come and watch and be in it??????

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
clan tournament
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2004, 04:55:42 PM »
What is the date and time of the clan wat so every can come and watch and be in it??????
[snapback]14080[/snapback]
Read the topic, exact time prolly will come later when there are enough clans in.

-Mel

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
clan tournament
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 05:17:39 PM »
I don't think we Anted will join.
Alkti is away for a few days and I didn't saw any other Ante-member since weeks. It's sad but this is the way it is...
G[/span][span style=\'color:orange\']w[/span][span style=\'color:yellow\']y[/span][span style=\'color:green\']d[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']i[/span][span style=\'color:purple\']on[/span] - Slann [span style=\'color:red\']Lord[/span] of the [span style=\'color:green\']Antediluvians