Author Topic: Anarchy Online just went free 1 yr trial  (Read 5544 times)

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
Anarchy Online just went free 1 yr trial
« on: December 20, 2004, 09:37:27 AM »
( i still like to chat about spaceship multiplayer games since the other trhead was closed..)

Anyway, I read somewhere that Anrchy Online, that big um space planet sci fi multiplayer game just went free for 1 year trial sign up before end jan 2005 i think... For those who don't know (be unusual fo ryou not to know, they advert a  lot), AO is a huge really complex game base don a single planet with 3(?) factions. U can get skills as computer jhacker etc.. I read somewhere that it is as complex as UO when UO first came out, so it is likely that players who join have to look at a possible 2 year minimum learning curve before their char becomes strong...

Okie ! and now about space games! I still like the idea of a rpg where you are the Admiral/commande rof a star vessel. Here are some alternatives :-

EVE Online - really huge, dark, (a bit like Aliens?) mmorpg - something like er.. 14k? players on at the same time..... each player has their own spaceship - you can trade all the way yp to battlecruisers etc - really huge fleets - clans etc.... i dont like this game because it sounds too clanny and dark for me.... :/ the visuals are incredible of course.. the space battle smust be awesome...

Starfleet Commander (is this the name?) - you know that one with Vols1 and 2 at least - this multiplayer game is pretty awesome! each game runs for about 4 months(?) and involves the traditional star trek factions warring for control of the known universe.... I heard that hte player clans are very good. The best clans all use  that roger wilco voice thing. I also heard it could be a bit imbalanced. One of the races has starships which are used by one clan to dominate the game. Most players start with the Federation and the Federation are always getting beaten.

So.. my idea of a fav  interstellar game would be more - anime or homeworld style graphics... i think each player should start with a pretty massive ship.... and be tasked with cexploring/controlling known space. I think your ship classes should be restricted to what kind of player class u pick. So pirates can only pick up to.. er destroyer? class to start with, though they can try to take over a battlecruiser if they wish... but then they get some sor tof um?.. target priority penalty?

wow lot sof weird ideas...

any sci fi fans here?

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Anarchy Online just went free 1 yr trial
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 05:42:43 PM »
( i still like to chat about spaceship multiplayer games since the other trhead was closed..)

Anyway, I read somewhere that Anrchy Online, that big um space planet sci fi multiplayer game just went free for 1 year trial sign up before end jan 2005 i think... For those who don't know (be unusual fo ryou not to know, they advert a  lot), AO is a huge really complex game base don a single planet with 3(?) factions. U can get skills as computer jhacker etc.. I read somewhere that it is as complex as UO when UO first came out, so it is likely that players who join have to look at a possible 2 year minimum learning curve before their char becomes strong...

Okie ! and now about space games! I still like the idea of a rpg where you are the Admiral/commande rof a star vessel. Here are some alternatives :-

EVE Online - really huge, dark, (a bit like Aliens?) mmorpg - something like er.. 14k? players on at the same time..... each player has their own spaceship - you can trade all the way yp to battlecruisers etc - really huge fleets - clans etc.... i dont like this game because it sounds too clanny and dark for me.... :/ the visuals are incredible of course.. the space battle smust be awesome...

Starfleet Commander (is this the name?) - you know that one with Vols1 and 2 at least - this multiplayer game is pretty awesome! each game runs for about 4 months(?) and involves the traditional star trek factions warring for control of the known universe.... I heard that hte player clans are very good. The best clans all use  that roger wilco voice thing. I also heard it could be a bit imbalanced. One of the races has starships which are used by one clan to dominate the game. Most players start with the Federation and the Federation are always getting beaten.

So.. my idea of a fav  interstellar game would be more - anime or homeworld style graphics... i think each player should start with a pretty massive ship.... and be tasked with cexploring/controlling known space. I think your ship classes should be restricted to what kind of player class u pick. So pirates can only pick up to.. er destroyer? class to start with, though they can try to take over a battlecruiser if they wish... but then they get some sor tof um?.. target priority penalty?

wow lot sof weird ideas...

any sci fi fans here?
[snapback]13384[/snapback]
some sci-fi yeah

i like the graphics in freespace - old i know but still the best space-based game..

i did look at the free mmorpg, but i dont know if its any good :S