Author Topic: Discussion: Poll from RR  (Read 12563 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Discussion: Poll from RR
« on: December 18, 2004, 08:41:07 AM »
Anheg, I'm sorry that I'm doing this when you said you didn't want it to turn to flame, but I really want to discuss this
Child suspended from school, Parents sue school

I honestly think that the kid should be alowed to go back to school. I dont know about what should happen about the parents sueing the school though. honestly it's things like these that make me glad I have a uniform at school. (lol thats a first)

But what's with the other responses that got votes, there are a lot of things that im confused about. I dont think religion should be banned from schools because it would put catholic school employees(and employees from other schools that have some form of religion class) out of jobs, and it's a great way for kids to learn more about their faith and the faith of others as well(something like world studies teaches about other faiths too, my friends in high school take it i think)

its really not necessary to BAN faith and as for the terrorist remark, i dunno if thats a joke or not but that isnt something you joke about, the united states was founded on freedoms, and one of those freedomes is the freedom of religion, which means that an ammendment that bans all religion from school would be unconstitutional.

I really think that the kid should have been more cooperative with his teachers and done as they asked, but suspending him really i think is a bit far, just a disciplinary detention(must be signed by the principal) or two is what should be done.

-Lord Elessar

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 09:01:49 AM »
There's a difference between freedom of speech and freedom of religion.  You're allowed to wear a religious t-shirt, but not if it's going to offend people like that.  The kid's parents should have been smart enough to not let him wear that to school... the court will drop the lawsuit easily.

While we're on the topic of religion, you guys know about the thing with "holiday trees" instead of Christmas trees and kids not being allowed to sing Christmas songs that mention God or Jesus in school?  And they're not allowed to have Christian religious symbols on display while a menorah etc is fine... it's nuts...

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 10:48:59 AM »
There's a difference between freedom of speech and freedom of religion.  You're allowed to wear a religious t-shirt, but not if it's going to offend people like that.  The kid's parents should have been smart enough to not let him wear that to school... the court will drop the lawsuit easily.

While we're on the topic of religion, you guys know about the thing with "holiday trees" instead of Christmas trees and kids not being allowed to sing Christmas songs that mention God or Jesus in school?  And they're not allowed to have Christian religious symbols on display while a menorah etc is fine... it's nuts...
[snapback]13310[/snapback]

that is honestly wrong. people should be able to be open and proud about their faith and it's customs and holidays. if i went to a public school and wanted to whistle, hum, or sing "Mary's Boy Child" I should. It is almost like bannning them from having the religion, and if a menorah as a religious symbol is fine then all other Catholic/Christian religios symbols should be aloud too. it's just wrong.

i can understand it being offensive, but it is the child's fault, he should have obeyed his teachers and turned the shirt inside out. honestly i know that, but what relaly concerns me is that there votes for some of those choices anheg put up. now that is wrong. I mean, terrorists blow up most churches and constitutional ammendment banning religion in any form from schools is wrong. I already stated that the latter was unconstitutional so i dont see why someone voted that.

-Lord Elessar
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 10:51:52 AM by Lord Elessar »

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 03:29:06 PM »
honestly it's things like these that make me glad I have a uniform at school. (lol thats a first)
lol, no wonder you're such a disturbed child

PS
this is the feedom of speech i was talking about. i do not believe in any religion what-so-ever, but that doesnt mean others shouldnt be allowed to practice whatever religion they choose. also, people should be allowed to wear whatever clothes they want i mean comon who the fuck cares whats on sum kids t-shirt?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 03:32:33 PM by doofer101 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 05:29:13 PM »
honestly it's things like these that make me glad I have a uniform at school. (lol thats a first)
lol, no wonder you're such a disturbed child

PS
this is the feedom of speech i was talking about. i do not believe in any religion what-so-ever, but that doesnt mean others shouldnt be allowed to practice whatever religion they choose. also, people should be allowed to wear whatever clothes they want i mean comon who the fuck cares whats on sum kids t-shirt?
[snapback]13327[/snapback]

=P

the shirt was offensive and he refused to turn it inside out. he was purposefully ignoring his teachers orders.

-Lord Elessar

Offline BzK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:18:03 PM »
doofer, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can do or say anything you want in public.  There's a line... offending other people.  That's what that shirt did.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 09:36:09 PM »
i feel sorry for anyone who is offended by a freakin' t-shirt i really do.

kiss my ass elessar u teacher's pet :P

Offline BzK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 09:48:35 PM »
i feel sorry for anyone who is offended by a freakin' t-shirt i really do.
[snapback]13338[/snapback]

Well guess what, it's not the t-shirt.  It's the message on it. <_<

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 09:53:56 PM »
kiss my ass elessar u teacher's pet :P
[snapback]13338[/snapback]

you know what doofer, i never like when people make fun of teachers and say how much they hate the teachers and how much such and such teacher sucks and when people dont even listen to teachers, but THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A TEACHER'S PET! think of it this way ding-bat, if they didn't do their job, who would?! Aristotle once said something along the lines of "the future of an empire depends on the education of its youths" if no one was a teacher, we would be zapped back into the stone age eventually and that wouldn't be pretty so why don't you give a little respect to teachers! it is completely unreasonable to just hate a teacher. i mean it. they have a tough job to do especially when they are trying to teach dumb-asses who won't listen and dont even care that they could wind up poor and on the streets someday if they dont listen and learn from their teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Lord Elessar
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 09:54:34 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 01:25:13 AM »
you know what doofer, i never like when people make fun of teachers and say how much they hate the teachers and how much such and such teacher sucks and when people dont even listen to teachers, but THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A TEACHER'S PET! think of it this way ding-bat, if they didn't do their job, who would?! Aristotle once said something along the lines of "the future of an empire depends on the education of its youths" if no one was a teacher, we would be zapped back into the stone age eventually and that wouldn't be pretty so why don't you give a little respect to teachers! it is completely unreasonable to just hate a teacher. i mean it. they have a tough job to do especially when they are trying to teach dumb-asses who won't listen and dont even care that they could wind up poor and on the streets someday if they dont listen and learn from their teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude did i say teachers suck? am i making fun of teachers? is this thread about teachers? wtf? :blink:

if you want to get into it thou...
not every teacher is good at their job. ive had really aweome teachers and ones that suck. its like any other job, you cant have everyone who is really good at it

btw, im a str8 A student moron, not a dumb-ass who doesnt pay attention in class

hahaha elessar is always a riot :D

EDIT:
lol all those exclimation marks make the page go wide
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:26:10 AM by doofer101 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 07:20:46 AM »
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude did i say teachers suck? am i making fun of teachers? is this thread about teachers? wtf? :blink:

if you want to get into it thou...
not every teacher is good at their job. ive had really aweome teachers and ones that suck. its like any other job, you cant have everyone who is really good at it

btw, im a str8 A student moron, not a dumb-ass who doesnt pay attention in class

hahaha elessar is always a riot :D

EDIT:
lol all those exclimation marks make the page go wide
[snapback]13344[/snapback]

actually i wasnt really refering to you, you just me ranting about the way some people treat teachers ;) lol sorry btw why do you think i edited my post? so it wouldnt be sooo WWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE! :lol:

-Lord Elessar

PS: lol i nearly signed it "Gin" which I use at HPFF lol

Offline Suki YO

• MSN Messenger - ayumi_fangirl@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 07:42:02 AM »
Well im up for freedom of speech and all but im also for respecting other people. I hate it when people throw that "It infringes on my freedom of speech!" bit.  If people were actually respectful of each other there probably wouldnt be all these problems about freedom of speech and religon in public schools. (or anywhere perhaps)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 07:43:20 AM by Suki YO »

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 06:00:52 AM »
TERRO+RIST = BO-MB AL(L) POS+SIBLE CHU(RCHES)!

Ã??Ã?Â¥Shut up ElessarÃ??Ã?Â¥

Power to the Doofer!

As Anheg said..
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 06:03:18 AM by Wobbles »
I like to chew on things.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

Ã??Ã?Â¥Shut up ElessarÃ??Ã?Â¥

Power to the Doofer!

As Anheg said..
[snapback]13378[/snapback]

*hisses*maybe the terrorists should kidnap you and perform sick biological experiments on you!

-Lord Elessar

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 06:00:37 PM »
lol elessar my sis looked at your avatar and said that you must be either really young, or retarded. maybe a bit of both? :blink:

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 08:36:43 AM »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 05:04:53 PM »
lol elessar my sis looked at your avatar and said that you must be either really young, or retarded. maybe a bit of both? :blink:
[snapback]13417[/snapback]

may I quote:
3. Respect the opinions and wishes of others, they are as entitled to them as you are.
so shut the hell up about it, you wouldn't want me telling you that you were retarded for something you liked.

[snapback]13434[/snapback]
ZEN CUT IT OUT! it is disrespectful and is not tolerated!(by me atleast)

-Lord Elessar

PS: god where's throbble when you need her?

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 05:48:29 PM »
*spam removed*

Quit it while you're ahead Zen.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 06:12:17 PM by BzK »

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 09:43:16 PM »
so shut the hell up about it, you wouldn't want me telling you that you were retarded for something you liked.
hey man sorry, didnt mean to offend ya, just thought it was hilarious that my sis said that (she's 14). i showed her the pic of that potato thingy of urs lol.

hmm... i think this topic has been destroyed...

no hard feelings man

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2004, 07:53:13 AM »
hey man sorry, didnt mean to offend ya, just thought it was hilarious that my sis said that (she's 14). i showed her the pic of that potato thingy of urs lol.

hmm... i think this topic has been destroyed...

no hard feelings man
[snapback]13477[/snapback]

dude you realize I'll be 14 next may right? So tell her to shut the hell up cuz anyone can like it. It dun matter how old they are or if they are retarded.

-Lord Elessar

PS: Cookie to the first person who defines RETARD.

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 11:13:31 PM »
Mentally ill dumbass who's named Wobbles.

:-))

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004, 02:13:55 AM »

[snapback]13564[/snapback]
i think you win the cookie!
 :lol:

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2004, 02:37:49 AM »
Hoorah! *Runs into a wall, Bashing his fat skull against a post and denting the brick wall greatly* The hell was that?....

Cookies!!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 08:18:13 AM »

[snapback]13564[/snapback]

i regret to inform you that that does not qualify as a definition. :P

have some candycanes instead :)

-Lord Elessar

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 03:15:23 PM »
:D Candy canes!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 03:34:42 PM »
remember you get cookies too if you get the correct definition! :D

-Lord Elessar

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 06:08:41 PM »
Umm.. :-d

Aa....

*Ehemz*  A personage with a mental disease or illness that can no longer control natural functions and is rather stupid. I.E. A retard.
      :mad:^.^:mad:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 09:27:34 AM »
sorry:

more candy canes!

-Lord Elessar

PS: you might want to try a dictionary! :P

Offline Wobbles

• View Profile