Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 29562 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2004, 11:42:51 AM »
Arivs will be down somethimes next days. Won't be on 24/7 next week because I need the server for things more serieus than running a game service. GS didn't went down for more than a few minutes last days, so I don't think it'll bother someone.

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2004, 12:54:04 AM »
Hellball doesnt effect your latency. The only lag you will experience is caused by your own PC.
[snapback]12101[/snapback]
all i know is after a hellball(in any visual effect) if i pan the camera i'll crash NWN, and i know it's not completely on my end cause i play WoI and i don't hang as much, and granted i'll crash mostly when there's about 20 ppl on GS...so i don't know why the hell it does that
[snapback]12250[/snapback]
It's normal if there are a load of players visible and dueling, hiding andcasting hellball that there is high load on your computer. If your connection is slow on top of it + gs on a lower connection now, it doesn't sounds weird to me that it gives problems somethimes. But still, I crash as good as never now, even on gs as dm. Whit a years old pc, so it's prolly your machine.

Btw, you're on dailyup or a other connection? Just curious.

-Mel
[snapback]12273[/snapback]
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY, DID YOU JUST CALL FRANKENSTEIN A PIECE OF JUNK  :angry2:   :P i'll do this nice comparisons, while normal guys beef up their cars, i beef up my PC EVERY THREE MONTHS new cards, every year a new mobo.
 it might be the 56k AOL connection but then it should crash on WoI when i walk into a horde of Flame-Throwing Wizards but it just gets a wee-bit laggy but it doesn't...and i have been in a party with 4 ppl each of which launched a hellball at a horde of Shadow Knights, that crashed me. <-that's why i was thinking it was intense VEs that were causing me to crash on GS (Still have yet to crash on Arivs)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2004, 06:11:10 AM »
Hellball doesnt effect your latency. The only lag you will experience is caused by your own PC.
[snapback]12101[/snapback]
all i know is after a hellball(in any visual effect) if i pan the camera i'll crash NWN, and i know it's not completely on my end cause i play WoI and i don't hang as much, and granted i'll crash mostly when there's about 20 ppl on GS...so i don't know why the hell it does that
[snapback]12250[/snapback]
It's normal if there are a load of players visible and dueling, hiding andcasting hellball that there is high load on your computer. If your connection is slow on top of it + gs on a lower connection now, it doesn't sounds weird to me that it gives problems somethimes. But still, I crash as good as never now, even on gs as dm. Whit a years old pc, so it's prolly your machine.

Btw, you're on dailyup or a other connection? Just curious.

-Mel
[snapback]12273[/snapback]
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY, DID YOU JUST CALL FRANKENSTEIN A PIECE OF JUNK  :angry2:   :P i'll do this nice comparisons, while normal guys beef up their cars, i beef up my PC EVERY THREE MONTHS new cards, every year a new mobo.
 it might be the 56k AOL connection but then it should crash on WoI when i walk into a horde of Flame-Throwing Wizards but it just gets a wee-bit laggy but it doesn't...and i have been in a party with 4 ppl each of which launched a hellball at a horde of Shadow Knights, that crashed me. <-that's why i was thinking it was intense VEs that were causing me to crash on GS (Still have yet to crash on Arivs)
[snapback]12626[/snapback]
yeah leave khad's pc alone, he just upgraded to an uber PIII 800!!! top of the tree :P

and please ramp horrid back up mel :)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2004, 08:24:54 AM »
I did fix horrid and icestorm. It can be that other spells do less damage too, if you notice 1, give me a sign. I recompiled a lot of spells to have sr monk working. Arivs isn't full 1.64 anymore either, it use a lot of scripts that come from earlyer patches. (1.62 , 1.29) I think this caused the lower damage on horrid and icestorm.

Also I'm not surpized you crash less on arivs. I have less players, there's a bit frog, and hellball's gfx is changed. The going out/in stealth mode still can cause crashes on some computers but this shouldn't happen much.

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2004, 06:42:54 AM »
*glares at James* no, you're not worth my time

-oops, if is said i crashed on Arivs i phrased it wrong, i was thinking that hellball(on arivs) was changed to prevent lag crashes so i got to thinking why GS's banning system is so graphically intense-not sure but i think the server's gone down least once from a GS banning coupled with a few caster duels; which lead me to the whole converstation up to this point :P

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2004, 11:40:04 PM »
I'm finding the same problem I have with the GS set of rules.  They are not clarified enough.  

Is summoning familiars and shifting casting, What sizes are allowed when shifting, Lay On Hands and Wholeness of Body healing etc etc etc.......

I know it's small peanuts but it's becoming increasingly frustrating when there are quite a few "new" regulars that insist on argueeing.  Ironically they ignore rule 5 in doing so.

What's up with the counterspelling should that be added as a rule?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 01:16:05 AM by Meclar »

Offline Knuckles

• ICQ Messenger - 34
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Sol megahellball
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stitch
    • View Profile
    • http://experiment777sol.deviantart.com/
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2004, 12:04:19 AM »
are you going to change the no damage thing?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 12:04:43 AM by Stitch »
O'hana means Family, Family means no get left behind or Frogotten:)

Tails+Cosmo Forever too ^_^

"If I should visit the moon, well, i'll dance on a moonbeam, and then, I will make a wish on a star and i'll wish I was home once again. Though i'd like to look down at the Earth from above, I would miss all the places and people I love. So although I may go, i'll be cominghome soon. 'Cause I don't want to live on the moon."

626+624 forever ^^

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2004, 01:37:18 AM »
I'm finding the same problem I have with the GS set of rules.  They are not clarified enough. 

Is summoning familiars and shifting casting, What sizes are allowed when shifting, Lay On Hands and Wholeness of Body healing etc etc etc.......

I know it's small peanuts but it's becoming increasingly frustrating when there are quite a few "new" regulars that insist on argueeing.  Ironically they ignore rule 5 in doing so.

What's up with the counterspelling should that be added as a rule?
[snapback]12821[/snapback]
That's not too weird when you know it has the gs ruleset... I did add a few things like about the familair summoning, but to make nice clear rules I would have to rewrite them completly. I'm going to do that when I go off the gs ruleset. There are already a few big differences whit gs, but I'll add a few more in favor for the not mage/not sd classes.

For shifting I think the lizzard size is about the biggest you can have out of duel, lay on hands and so give direct hp like cleric spells and are healing spells, and counterspell is evil and bugged :P I can start to add things that make it impossible to use it in duel and make things that you just can't fight out of duel, but I doubt if anyone is going to like that.
are you going to change the no damage thing?
[snapback]12827[/snapback]
What's the no damage? That item property's that isn't filtered? It doesn't hurts a fly so and there a few more that aren't filtered, like light or containers. Those last can give problems I think. But didn't see any yet.

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2004, 03:24:26 PM »
Arivs will be down somethimes next days. Won't be on 24/7 next week because I need the server for things more serieus than running a game service. GS didn't went down for more than a few minutes last days, so I don't think it'll bother someone.

-Mel
[snapback]12557[/snapback]
Now whit the patch I'll take it down earlyer, I need it wensday anyway. Won't be on from now till I post something about it being up again. And about gs being down, well ... bad timeing, I can't help on that.

-Mel
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 04:36:43 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2004, 09:27:55 PM »
Mel you can help!
By screwing your responsibilities for us!    :D

*chants with his hat inside out and backward*

"Arivs, Godspire, Arivs, Godspire!"

doesn't roll off the tongue to well...........
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 09:28:29 PM by Meclar »

Offline Illutian

• The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2004, 10:31:54 AM »
could you all shed some light on why those "instant heals" are prohibitied yet regen spells are? both heal you....so why is one allowed and the other not?

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2004, 10:42:29 AM »
could you all shed some light on why those "instant heals" are prohibitied yet regen spells are? both heal you....so why is one allowed and the other not?
[snapback]13098[/snapback]
Regen can be dispeled, doesn't last that long either. It's very usefull againt monks but againt other clases it does less. At low level it's even not worth casting.

Heal just bumps up your health to max, no way to stop them exept making them fail a concentration check or silenceing them. If you managed to beat off 800 hp of a char you wouldn't like it heals then. Whit regen there's no way that the hp can be fully restored or  you would have to duel for long time whitout getting hit.

On top of it, regen gives max 9 hp a round (stacking isn't allowed :P)
Shifters can't help they get it on a shift to vampire or so.o
Heal can be casted each round and whit spellslots allows a character to virtual have 5000 or more hp. Just by a few spellslots.

Also, bard song gives temp hp and is a form of healing too. Divine power too. But I don't think they are as worse as heal in a duel.

-Mel

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2004, 11:36:22 PM »
How is Holy Avenger working for nonPallies. Cus we just found out that it works normal with dispell for nonpallies...hahahaha

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »
dispel on HA for non pallys has always worked............doesent really matter much since HA cost more then lesser dispel............none of the other HA props cross over

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2004, 10:43:16 AM »
Mel can you try to forbid the null form ? A name without any nick is employing it and he is bother me randoming , breaking the rules  . I can't BAN him so I let him frozen but .... he doesn't wanna stop .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2004, 10:52:22 AM »
Mel can you try to forbid the null form ? A name without any nick is employing it and he is bother me randoming , breaking the rules  . I can't BAN him so I let him frozen but .... he doesn't wanna stop .
[snapback]13516[/snapback]
What was the name? Any information like account/last name used/logon time can help me to track him in the server logs.

Maybe 'Maink2' ?

I'll also look at a way to prevent this. The forum is keeping me busy right now :P

-Mel
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 10:55:03 AM by Tea-cup »

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2004, 02:06:12 PM »
Mel can you try to forbid the null form ? A name without any nick is employing it and he is bother me randoming , breaking the rules  . I can't BAN him so I let him frozen but .... he doesn't wanna stop .
What was the name? Any information like account/last name used/logon time can help me to track him in the server logs.

Maybe 'Maink2' ?

I'll also look at a way to prevent this. The forum is keeping me busy right now :P

-Mel
[snapback]13519[/snapback]

I think his account is Maink2 but I am not sure . Don't BAN him I am not sure and I don't wanna BAN an innocent because of my mistake :P He didn't have any nick if that can help you .
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2004, 02:29:19 PM »

Maybe 'Maink2' ?

-Mel

I think his account is Maink2 but I am not sure . Don't BAN him I am not sure and I don't wanna BAN an innocent because of my mistake :P He didn't have any nick if that can help you .
[snapback]13534[/snapback]
Maink2 was in without name around the time you posted. I'm pretty sure it's him, the change that my information is incorrect is 0,000000......000001% so :P

-Mel

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2004, 06:49:33 PM »

Maybe 'Maink2' ?

-Mel

[snapback]13534[/snapback]
Maink2 was in without name around the time you posted. I'm pretty sure it's him, the change that my information is incorrect is 0,000000......000001% so :P

-Mel
[snapback]13537[/snapback]

Yeah, it's him.. He said the server was gay anyways.. Tis why he was beeing annoying I think.
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2004, 12:59:31 AM »
There has been several players coming in with null bodies.
In GS rules there is something about not having a torso and pelvis but I looked and didn't see anything about it in Arivs and they weren't making a stink so I let them be.

Might wanna clarify what's allowed.

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2004, 01:20:49 AM »
A while back, when i log in a couple of times i had that come up for no apartin reason, hasnt happened for a while now..

Offline gefol

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2004, 02:16:35 AM »
There has been several players coming in with null bodies.
In GS rules there is something about not having a torso and pelvis but I looked and didn't see anything about it in Arivs and they weren't making a stink so I let them be.

Might wanna clarify what's allowed.
[snapback]13571[/snapback]

actully meclar its been the same guy the whole time

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2004, 06:27:44 AM »
Nulls can be used since yesterday now, also there's a check for not visible torso parts on armors.

Yet have to find something for not torso appearance while not wearing an armor, I have an idea for it, but it's not good enough.,Also the tool to fix shifters equipment if they die can get a facelift. I'm just taking my time to finetune the scripts. It aren't mayor problems either.

I also want to repeat that arivs isn't a gs replacement, I'm just running a temporary server in the hope gs gets back up. The idea I had for arivs was a server to do the clanwars on. Without having the lag made by other players not part of the war and whit a well scripted area to do it. Now I'm more rescripting all the things that talon made and more, it waste a load of time. If gs stays down for a long time I'll close arivs too, I don't have the time or resources to replace gs completly.

-Mel

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2004, 01:30:02 AM »
No, gefol, there have been "several people" using null torso/pelvis parts......
One of whom is supposedly the brother of a Sentinel who follows the rules....

Offline gefol

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2004, 05:06:57 AM »
honestly when i said that i was refering to the guy that was comeing completly null and mel got his id right

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2004, 09:21:09 AM »
No, gefol, there have been "several people" using null torso/pelvis parts......
One of whom is supposedly the brother of a Sentinel who follows the rules....
[snapback]13663[/snapback]
Viper does, hellsalyer (his bro) does to. Atm I didn't script out null torso parts. I did script out cep armors that cause it and null appearance.

Besides, arivs will be down for a while. I'm backing up things and cleaning a 100gb backup. + compressing stuff. Won't bother most poeple anyway. It's not teh right time to play nwn anyway, on x-mas :P

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2004, 11:50:40 PM »
Fixed balllighting save to work correctly whit (imp)evasion.
Fixed the spell 'spellresistance' to work correctly whit mords.
Fixed the ac stacking on boots.

I added the fixes on a older mod than the one that was running (noticed that too late), I had to re-add the HA fix. If anything seems broken or if you see a new problem, tell it.

I'm going to focus on something for the tournament now, as poeple are interested in it.
(still have rl work but it gets less and less :))

-Mel

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2004, 03:57:44 AM »
Holy Avenger isn't working properly.
Several times, with different characters ranging in paladin levels and equiped with the HA property, it  would remove the property completly or show as a +1 enchantment bonus.  Even with the same character HA would show on one weapon and not on another.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2004, 08:47:55 AM »
Holy Avenger isn't working properly.
Several times, with different characters ranging in paladin levels and equiped with the HA property, it  would remove the property completly or show as a +1 enchantment bonus.  Even with the same character HA would show on one weapon and not on another.
[snapback]14236[/snapback]
Can you give a bit more information? Like what chars, what weapons and so? Atm I never had a problem whit the HA fix.

I best can fix something when I can reproduce it.

-Mel

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2004, 10:23:49 AM »
well, my non-pally HA shows only +1 enchantment (if this is what you meant then it worked) i need to change the rapier now :(