Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 29791 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« on: November 28, 2004, 02:04:33 PM »
[div class=\"borderwrap\"][span style=\'color:green\'][span style=\'font-family:Courier\']
  tea-cup.homelinux.net:5121 [span style=\'color:grey\'] to direct connect to arivs.[/div]Just anything that should be said about arivs, what's wrong, what could better, new idea's. Post it here. Best way to tell me about it.

Thing I need to know for sure is when it lags or shows slowdowns. To get a idea if I should change the max amount of players or not.

My cpu of my client computer starts to cry when it see 17 players like today so i can't tell it myself. (+ I'm on 100mbit to the server)  The servers cpu is half clocked and 50% loaded whit 20 players.

-Mel

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 12:22:11 AM »
Very nice server...Well done...
One thing though...I think moving the fog way back would be a good thing to do.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:00:19 AM »
Very nice server...Well done...
One thing though...I think moving the fog way back would be a good thing to do.
[snapback]11683[/snapback]
I'm trying to find the balance between seeing things and crashing. But seems a nice idea. Thx btw :)

-Mel
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 02:01:46 AM by Tea-cup »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 09:11:30 PM »
Did you mean to make Ted a sent? Im thinking it was a misclick...
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 11:42:36 AM »
Did you mean to make Ted a sent? Im thinking it was a misclick...
[snapback]11772[/snapback]
Did mean to :P
I get why you say it, he wasn't sent for longer than 18 hours. He pertty much ruined it in no time.

-Mel

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 08:30:44 PM »
Were all the GS sents meant to be Sentinels on Arivs

Can sents put people in jail  :D

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 12:06:19 AM »
how did Ted ruin being a sent?

someimtes he does act a little over the top....

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 10:13:51 AM »
how did Ted ruin being a sent?

someimtes he does act a little over the top....
[snapback]11822[/snapback]
He used the power a 'bit' too much when he shouldn't.
Poeple complained too, and not 1 or 2.

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 10:16:21 AM »
Were all the GS sents meant to be Sentinels on Arivs

Can sents put people in jail  :D
[snapback]11817[/snapback]
Jail is a place where the gate puts 'unwanted objects'
They can get out of it if the gate lets them. Freezing has a load of advantages over jail too.

-Mel

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 08:44:53 PM »
How was i using the power to much, i was simply doing my job. I used on any who broke the rules then use it again. Any1 who was complaing was eather lieing or just jelous that I have one and they don't' EXcept for viper wich i already said sorry to.. :glare:

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 01:07:15 AM »
How was i using the power to much, i was simply doing my job. I used on any who broke the rules then use it again. Any1 who was complaing was eather lieing or just jelous that I have one and they don't' EXcept for viper wich i already said sorry to.. :glare:
[snapback]11981[/snapback]

There's a time to use your 'powers' and there's a time to not sue them and just tell the person.. Cutscene stoning for testing a spell in the corner by yourself is not a time to use your powers.  :unsure:
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Cobra

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 01:22:13 AM »
yeah but i got the impresion that ur supposed to us it then warn them then use it again then do more about it if they keep doing it and thats wut i did nothing eles.. :angry2:  :(  :glare:  ;)

Offline Cobra

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 04:00:02 PM »
:)lol ive gotten over it its just that ppl lied and were jelou sso they complaned to mel and the dm's :angry2:  :( i think gasmo istill can't get over it him self <_<

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 07:09:51 PM »
:)lol ive gotten over it its just that ppl lied and were jelou sso they complaned to mel and the dm's :angry2:  :( i think gasmo istill can't get over it him self <_<
[snapback]12040[/snapback]
The other dm's have nothing to do whit it. I just added a few extra sents for arivs (4-1 now) to have some sents on time to time. Nobody else has anything to do whit it. You somewhat ruined it by 'playing' whit that rune. Saying you didn't 'play' whit it is like telling a joke (I know what happens on my server). And I'm not (re)adding extra sents anymore. It will stay on gs sents + the 3 extra sents now. Because Arivs (and Gs) are running fine and Mo does a nice job as head of the sents.

Some good advice...  just drop the idea you have.

-Mel

Offline Cobra

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 07:22:58 PM »
ya i know that but how did u ruin it, by simply doing my job.  :(  and doing wut they have do ill show u even if u want cuz ur seeing the hole picture :(

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 07:40:38 PM »
ya i know that but how did u ruin it, by simply doing my job.  :(  and doing wut they have do ill show u even if u want cuz ur seeing the hole picture :(
[snapback]12048[/snapback]
If you don't get what you did wrong you won't make a good sent anyway. You better just stop about the whole thing. There isn't a point to continue about it.

In fact I somethimes would like to be a normal player. You don't have to worry about randomers or about bugs in the scripts. Or other things like it...
Being sent/dm also has drawbacks.

-Mel
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 07:41:39 PM by Tea-cup »

Offline Cobra

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 07:49:53 PM »
ok Mel but i would really liek to show u wut i did, just so u know wut i did... :angry2:

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 01:30:41 AM »
I REALLY like what you did with the hellball graphic. Maybe something that GS would consider doing  0.-

Where does the name Arivs come from?

Sher Reyer

Feedback
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 01:44:08 AM »
a really good server that use to be up that was owned by frostgrove

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 09:14:11 AM »
ya, about the hellball....redone for lag reduction? if so why not just do the harm visual?  this also applies to the banning visual for godspire...it's ping is around 500 when i'm usually there...and i've crashed several times from the visual effect of that (it looks cool, but maybe just Gate and Harm)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 10:59:52 AM »
Arivs comes from a old server runned by frostgroove like nathan said. Nathan is a old dm from there. From the point frostgroove couldn't run it anymore, I hosted it.
I stopped whit it because it asked too much of my time and I found out gs :P
ya, about the hellball....redone for lag reduction? if so why not just do the harm visual?  this also applies to the banning visual for godspire...it's ping is around 500 when i'm usually there...and i've crashed several times from the visual effect of that (it looks cool, but maybe just Gate and Harm)
[snapback]12071[/snapback]
Talon did say he may change the hellball effect like on arivs. Making it a harm visual isn't right in my eyes, hellball has a quite big blast radius, harm is at 1 point. Whit my 5 years old hardware I never had problems whit it anyway ...

(ping doesn't has to do anything whit the hellball visual, the frames per seconds are)

-Mel

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »
ya, about the hellball....redone for lag reduction? if so why not just do the harm visual?  this also applies to the banning visual for godspire...it's ping is around 500 when i'm usually there...and i've crashed several times from the visual effect of that (it looks cool, but maybe just Gate and Harm)

Hellball doesnt effect your latency. The only lag you will experience is caused by your own PC.

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 07:47:11 PM »
This is amazing! The real dms from the legendary Arivs!!!! FRrom the time of the dawn of nwn! This is as if Guido's Shop popped up on lucid magic!

btw.. where did the name Ariv's come from?
And I NEVER figured out what was happening on Arivs. It used the Chp 1 of the OC and everybody just seemed to be talking ... so what was that mod about??

Offline Cobra

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2004, 07:56:58 PM »
gasmo who r u in the game.... :blink:

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 10:07:48 AM »
This is amazing! The real dms from the legendary Arivs!!!! FRrom the time of the dawn of nwn! This is as if Guido's Shop popped up on lucid magic!

btw.. where did the name Ariv's come from?
And I NEVER figured out what was happening on Arivs. It used the Chp 1 of the OC and everybody just seemed to be talking ... so what was that mod about??
[snapback]12112[/snapback]
Arivs comes from frostgroove <-(account name), he named on of his char like that too. He played under the name Tebryn most of the time. It's correct that arivs used the OC mods (good for the newbs). There was a kind of filtering by 2da's and it wasn't a server fixed on one stile of playing. Not really had a rules either, but acting like an ass or not behaving was something that turned against yourself anyway.

Main difference whit gs is that you had way more freedom to do what you want. And to be honnest, gs is good, arivs now too, but I still miss the old one.

Arivs now uses 2da's too, but I might change a few things on it because it also filters out some ability's of shifters. (no immumes on rasha's/dragons for example)

-Mel

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2004, 03:13:36 AM »

Hellball doesnt effect your latency. The only lag you will experience is caused by your own PC.
[snapback]12101[/snapback]

all i know is after a hellball(in any visual effect) if i pan the camera i'll crash NWN, and i know it's not completely on my end cause i play WoI and i don't hang as much, and granted i'll crash mostly when there's about 20 ppl on GS...so i don't know why the hell it does that
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2004, 11:33:29 AM »
[snapback]12101[/snapback]
all i know is after a hellball(in any visual effect) if i pan the camera i'll crash NWN, and i know it's not completely on my end cause i play WoI and i don't hang as much, and granted i'll crash mostly when there's about 20 ppl on GS...so i don't know why the hell it does that
[snapback]12250[/snapback]
It's normal if there are a load of players visible and dueling, hiding andcasting hellball that there is high load on your computer. If your connection is slow on top of it + gs on a lower connection now, it doesn't sounds weird to me that it gives problems somethimes. But still, I crash as good as never now, even on gs as dm. Whit a years old pc, so it's prolly your machine.

Btw, you're on dailyup or a other connection? Just curious.

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004, 05:01:13 AM »
Changed wof:
If hd is high enough it allows for a fortsave to reduce the blind duration to 6 second (duration of 1 round, same as ironhorn) The DC is the normal DC for a level 7 spell + the castlevel/3

The DC may get changed if it doesn't fits well. Main idea is to give fighters and noncasters the change to counter wof a bit.

-Mel

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
Feedback
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004, 05:11:32 AM »
Changed wof:
If hd is high enough it allows for a fortsave to reduce the blind duration to 6 second (duration of 1 round, same as ironhorn) The DC is the normal DC for a level 7 spell + the castlevel/3

The DC may get changed if it doesn't fits well. Main idea is to give fighters and noncasters the change to counter wof a bit.

-Mel
[snapback]12349[/snapback]
only one thing i can say to that,

BAH!!!

i just perfected my anti-wof strategy!

oh well :P

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Feedback
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 01:00:31 PM »
Mord's-breaches-nature's balance lower sr now.
castlevel+feats+1d10+lowering spell vs. monks sr is the calculation now.
The spells don't stack .

Added a check against itemswapping.

-Mel