Author Topic: Why has no leader asked why?  (Read 5977 times)

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
Why has no leader asked why?
« on: November 12, 2004, 02:20:31 PM »
I am just wondering, but why has no leader asked "why" the terrorists attacked on 9/11/2001. What do you guys think?

Note that I am not wondering about the reason why, but about the absence of inquiry in the first place.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 02:57:41 PM »
I am just wondering, but why has no leader asked "why" the terrorists attacked on 9/11/2001. What do you guys think?

Note that I am not wondering about the reason why, but about the absence of inquiry in the first place.
[snapback]10452[/snapback]

Simple.  They have asked why.  And the responses are as varied as there are political views in the world.

Offline gashmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 03:01:49 PM »
But they have never put forward a view why to the public?
It seems curious to me that a leader can set out on a course of action without first explaining to his followers the reasoning for his decision?

Perhaps there are toomany possible reasons. Without establishing one at the start, it will surely be very hard to know when your course of action has either failed or succeeded?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 03:06:48 PM »
I answered that question in the other post where you asked it:

Same Topic

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 03:35:31 PM »
But they have never put forward a view why to the public?
It seems curious to me that a leader can set out on a course of action without first explaining to his followers the reasoning for his decision?

Perhaps there are toomany possible reasons. Without establishing one at the start, it will surely be very hard to know when your course of action has either failed or succeeded?
[snapback]10462[/snapback]

There are many and they are complicated.  If you do your own private research you can discover them.  Goverment normally does not go on TV and give the people history lessons and explain foreign policy.  Maybe they should...but the truth is all these things are very controversial.  Instead they go on TV and say something in which they believe everyone will understand and support.  Unfortunately this time it blew up in their faces.  Do your own research and decide for yourself.