LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

MMORPG

<< < (2/3) > >>

Blood Angel:
hehe well yeah, WoW is kinda an rpg online, not rts :P this way you get to be a hero and stuff, run through the world and exploring.

and ofcourse you wouldn't be allowed to customize stuff in an mmorpg, it's servers around the world hosting for you, not you hosting for ppl to join, like on nwn.

But I agree, nwn is the only game I will keep on playing, all the time. However I assure you that ppl that for example play DAoC say the same about that game. You meet friends, that's what makes you kling on and keep on playing. My friends don't like nwn. I love it.

and to that combo thing. I believe it was for nwn2, you can use speciel keys for using moves, instead of using the F keys you can press like twice forward for a power attack. Supposed to make it easier to play and more accessible.

420:

--- Quote ---but none of gw, wow or eq has the customisability of nwn so i expect nwn to come out as an extremely unique and superior product anyway.
[snapback]10169[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

This is true, just look at the last Toolset-based D&D adventure construction game, Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA).

It came out in the late 80's or early 90's and is still being used by a huge online community (even though most of the FRUA people went over to NWN when it came out).

The first adventure Throbblefoot built in NWN was actually a conversion from an adventure she built in FRUA.

So, it would not surprise me at all if people were still fanatic about NWN 10 years from now.

If you want to go back even farther, there was a game called "Adventure Construction Set" that came out in the early 80's that I used to use to build adventures!

The only other game that comes close to these was the "Bard's Tale Construction Set" but it required a bit more programming experience than I had at the time.

With so few of this type of game available, you can see why so many people are making custom content, Community Expansions and 3rd party tools for NWN.

Blood Angel:
The real change that we should be hoping for is that they're able to make nwn2 as compatible and buildable as nwn is now. We've been bending the curves and made nwn to our satisfaction, and it's really great I must say. With improved graphics from nwn2 it' would rule.... cuz as I believe zen said "when they made nwn they must have said OMG they have arms!", they'd just shown that they are infact capable of making hands in Dragon Age hehe, that was funny :P

gashmo:
yes i really hope thye have toolset in nwn2 - but if they don't then someone else will i guess.

im sure the next rpg toolset will be another generational scripting leap.

Talon:
Best MMORPG is UO - bar none.
I am still waiting for another MMORPG with a good reagent-based casting system and fully interactive world
UO with a 3d engine would suit me just fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version