Author Topic: Smith Hold Updates!  (Read 10520 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold Updates!
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:56:07 PM »
Hey everyone, while the forums have been down I have added some new features to Smith Hold, the Dwarven city on Throbbleserv.

New expanded crafting system for Adamantine and Mithral Bars
- Buy some Adamantine and Mithral from Savage Henry at the Public Forge and head over to one of the forges to craft some new armor types or WEAPONS!! That's right, Bioware didn't bother making any weapons for Adamantine or Mithral crafting but now there are 14 total weapons that can be crafted at the forge.

New Gloves of Crafting available
- Not to saavy with the crafting eh? No worries, just come on over to "Othric's Leather Oddities" in the bazaar and pick up a pair of Gloves of Crafting!

Added even more Official Campaign items to stores
- In my ongoing search for cool magic items from the Official Campaign I have uncovered many fun items including weapons, armor, rings and amulets that appear only in the OC mods custom items menu. These items are now available from the various shops in Smith Hold.

Added Many New Books
- New books added to the Smith Hold Royal Library! Come read about the history of King Obould Many-Arrows, the legend of the Elder Eternal Evils and the doctrine of the Church of Waukeen.

Updated Mithril Golems
- Updated the Mithril Golems in the Target Range so their skills more closely match the skills of GodSpire dulers. Also fixed some attribute problems and adjusted the AC and saves of the Epic Mithril Golems. Added an "Undead Mithril Golem" so you can now test your undead-specific spells and special abilities!

Fixed Cure Spells
- Since Bioware is too lazy to fix the Cure spells, I did it for them. Cure spells now do Positive energy damage to undead instead of Negative energy. Stupid Bioware.

COMMING SOON:
Magical Item Crafting
- Add magical item properties to your weapons, armor of shield at the Public Forge!

Secret Store
- Get special items at the Secret Store, the only hard part is finding it...

Side Quests
- Simple, DM initiated side quests for players and one NPC mini-quest!

Smith Hold Updates FAQ v1.0
1. Why is the golem's name spelled Mithril and not Mithral?
- Don't ask!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:43:30 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold Updates!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 09:16:49 PM »
Update 7/8/05

Smith Hold version 2.56

[attachmentid=458]

Public Forge open for buisiness!
You can now use the Public Forge to add magic properties to your favorite weapons, shields and armor! Make custom items without the toolset! Good for making both GodSpire compliant items as well as items for other servers/mods.

Lots of New Books!
In addition to two recent works by that renown bard Cuchulann, the legends of Toshio and Akiko and Chanclain and the Halfling, many new books have been added to all categories of the Royal Library. Subjects covering everything from Mystra's rules about time travel and the Deep Underdark to the "Thunderblessing" of the Dwarves and the origin of the Duegar. I won't even mention whats been added to the Tavern of Doors Library.

Creatures!
The DMs have a new tool! All those GodSpire creatures you know and loath can now be spawned in Smith Hold.

Secret Store!
The first of many "Secret Stores" has been implemented. It's the only place to get the really cool items! Secret Stores can only be accessed if specific conditions are met.

Tavern of Doors updates!
You may see some new NPCs you've never seen before, make sure you meet them all. You can ask Kii'kann the owner about any of the NPCs as long as you have entered the room they were in. A couple new mercants have arrived at the Tavern of Doors recently too.

Ask Ethias! (See above picture)
Ethias Fumesmith, one of the oldest residents of Smith Hold and a pillar of the community, would love to tell you about all the members of his clan. At the end of the day, when your muscles are sore and tired from the forge, walk across the street to the bathhouse, get a frothy ale from the dispenser and settle into the steamy water while old Uncle Ethias marvels you with stories of his clanmates.

Make sure you pay attention when Ethias tells you about the people of Smith Hold, there will be a quiz (with prizes) later.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold Updates!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »
Update 8/25/06

Smith Hold version 3.1

It's been awhile since I posted an update so some of these updates may not be new to you (like the 2 miniquests).

[attachmentid=908]
New Merchant in the Bazaar!
Come see the newest addition to the menagerie of folk plying their wares in Smith Hold's bazaar!

Miniquests
There are two miniquests (more to come) that can be assigned by any DM and a miniquest that you can get from new NPC in the Tavern of Doors.  He's hiding though so unless you got magic eyes it may be hard to spot him.

The Proving Grounds
You no longer need DMs around to summon monsters for you. If you can figure out a way to get to the far side of the chasm in the Target Range, you can go to the sacred practice arena of the Fumesmith Paladins called the Proving Grounds. You can select the type and number of creature you want to fight, and if the fight gets too tough, just unsummon them the same way you summoned them!

Smith Hold Library Expanded
At the request of Loremaster Bib, Smith Hold's royal library has been expanded to incorporate the many new books that he has recently added. Cuchulann has written a new book called The Tanners Daughter which can be found in the "Legends, Stories and Fairy Tales" bookshelf.

Prince Pip's Dwelling Expanded
The Prince recently sent for his adventuring equipment, treasure and trophies (which were in storage in Waterdeep for many years)  and the King has authorized for the Prince's quarters to be doubled in size to accommodate all the Prince's gear. Check out the Prince's memorabilia.

Planar Encyclopedia
This collection of books (near the bookshelf in the Tavern of Doors) contains information of many aspects of life on the planes. Anyone looking for information on an adventure that involves traveling the planes should find it useful.

Lots of Typos Fixed
Thanks to Throbble, Cuchulann and Elessar for their feedback on various typos in conversations and descriptions.

EDIT: oop forgot one

Big Metal Unit
The B.M.U. has been upgraded to mimic the spell immunity of a true golem. Should help anyone who has touble killing a certain very hungry Durzagon.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 07:29:18 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold Updates!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »
Update 8/31/06

Smith Hold version 3.2

1.68 Cloaks!
All the standard and custom cloaks have been updated in the stores and fully integrated into Smith Hold. Come by and see all your old friends (and foes) with their fancy new cloaks.

New Temple Services!
Father Edegar Phaestus has expanded the temple services to include restoring someones true appearance (which should be useful for those people who can't help sampling the Mad Alchemists brew). Phaestus can also now add the Holy Avenger item property to any weapon. The temple also now stocks blessed crossbow bolts.

Tattoos, Hooks, Pegs, Wings and Tails!
I know I mentioned this somewhere soon after the 1.67 patch but I haven't mentioned it here. Needles, in the Bazaar can add or remove tattoos, hooks and peg legs. Echidna in the Tavern of Doors can take care of all your wing and tail needs.

Customized Floating Candles!
Another thing I forgot to post here is the new customized floating candles created by Throbblefoot. Just buy candles from the "Candle Dispenser" near the fountain in the Bazaar and you can float them in almost every body of water in Smith Hold! When you float them they will bear you name to let everyone you were there.

Hadhodrond's Mercantile Renovated
The Hadhodronds decided to spiffy up their business a bit by adding some display items, come on by and see the new placeables.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:24:40 PM by Throbblefoot »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Smith Hold Updates!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »
Nearly a year has passed since the last update but I'm back to working on Smith Hold full time now so there will be more to come in the next few weeks.

Update 8/11/07

Smith Hold version 3.3

New Mini Quest!
As Throbble already hinted at in this thread there is a new DM-given mini quest. If you see me, Throbble or Cuchulann on make sure to drop by for the cool new adventure.

[attachmentid=1261]
New NPC!
The Fumesmith Hall kitchen now has a Royal Chef! Make sure you stop by for a chat and a scone. There is a rumor that a certain kobold loves Dwarven Scones.

New Area!
The demiplane known as The Farm (aka Newbie Correctional Center) has found a new home on ThrobbleServ. The only problem is finding it but at least one of Smith Hold's residents knows how to get there.

[attachmentid=1262]
Memorial to GodSpire
The portal to GodSpire has been deactivated and there is now a memorial where the portal used to be.

New Books
Two new books have been added to the royal library. Shadow Magic and the Shadow Weave explains the difference between the two types of magic and can be found on the Magic and Religions of Toril bookshelf. The history of Shadow Magic in the Realms can be found in the book Demarch's Folly located on the Famous People, Groups and Organizations shelf.

Bazaar Improvements
The crafted wand store and crafted potion store were renamed for clarification. A "sign" was added to the giant's stick store. A glow effect was added to highlight the sign pointing to the tattoo parlor.

AFK Improvements
The Altered Form Kit (A.F.K.) now erects a sign to more clearly indicate that a PC is AFK.

Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
Fixed problems with overlapping placeables flickering. If anyone sees this problem please tell me where and I'll fix.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:12:31 PM by Throbblefoot »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Smith Hold Updates!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:03:07 PM »
Update 8/04/08

Smith Hold version 3.6

Horses are here!
Smith Hold now has a persistent horse system!

Just mosey on over to the stables and purchase one of the finest heavy warhorses money can buy. The stables can be used to store your horse and Stablemaster Diomedes can also set you up with all the jousting equipment you need.
[attach=1]

Horse Features
Horses are fully customizable. You can give them any type of barding (armor) or caparison (jousting blanket) available as well as a simple saddle. You can also change your horse's portrait and name. You can save your horse's current appearance to the database, send them to the stables or delete them all together. Horses can also be given henchman commands like "attack on sight" or "follow at a distance".

Other new 1.69 features include:
Cloak Crafting
Master Tailor Ungred Bergmar now offers the ability to change your visible cloak appearance. She can also give you a null appearance so your wings and shoulder armor show when your riding the new horses.

New Wings and Tails
Echidna the Fleshwarper is offering a whole new selection of wings and tails. Choose from Chromatic and Metallic colored dragon wings, demon wings and dragon tails. Get one now and be the envy of your friends!

Visible scabbards, quivers and backpacks
Master leathersmith Othric the Odd will attach backpacks, quivers and swords to your back. Look like a real adventurer by strapping a bunch of useless crap to your back!

Bug Fixes
Tons of bug fixes ranging from minor typos or major FUBARs. Thanks to all those who never stop pointing out my mistakes!

Lots more stuff coming...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
Update 12/31/08

Smith Hold version 3.8

Horses System Improvements (Special thanks to Cuchulann for bug reports and testing)
  • Horses now scale to the PC's size when not mounted (this prevents that weird shrinking/growing effect when mounting/dismounting)
  • Horses now leave a body when they die that can be resurrected
  • The Stablemaster can now resurrect horses
  • Horses can now be "parked" (removed from party) so they won't follow you
  • On PC death/respawn a horse that isn't parked will port to PC (and res if dead)

New Area: SHS Manatee
Visit the SHS Manatee, the finest ship in the Smith Hold Navy. The only problem is finding it since it's been lost for years in the Trackless Sea...

New Area: Bathhouse Distillery
The Bathhouse Distillery is now open for public tours. So head on over to the bathhouse to check it out and don't forget to grab a Bathhouse Gin along the way.

Target Range XP/GP
You can now gain experience and gold by attacking targets in the target range. Rewards are based on damage and Mithril Golem type: normal 1x, undead 2x, greater 3x, epic 4x. Bonus reward for killing a target.

Blunted Edge Remodel
Una Frastly has done a bit of remodeling to make the Blunted Edge a more welcoming. Make sure to greet the tavern's new pet cat!

Smith Hold Temple Remodel
The Smith Hold Temple now has fancy 1.69 benches and tapestries representing many of Faerûn's deities.

New Robe Models
The new 1.69 robes have been added to the standard radial menu crafting options.

Lance Magic Properties
The Public Forge can now be used to add magic properties to the Lance base item type. (The function IPGetIsMeleeWeapon doesn't recognize the lance.)

Needles added to Ethias Dialog
You can now ask Ethias about Needles the tattoo artist.

Coming Soon...
  • Puzzle Maze by Cuchulann
  • Underwater Mini Quest
  • Planar Mini Quest

EDIT: Added a few updates that I forgot about.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:10:10 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
I just updated the above post (v3.8) with a few new features I had forgotten about.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »
Update 3/10/09
Smith Hold version 4.0

The Purple Dragon Trilogy is Live!
This new series of quests can be accessed through Sir Aelthas, who is located in the guest quarters of Smith Hold. Special thanks to Throbble, Cuchulann, and Elessar for testing and suggestions.

Features:
    • Fully Scalable: Henchmen, enemies, traps, locks, and rewards all scale to the quester's level.
    • Social Skills: Bluff, Intimidate and Persuade are actually useful!
    • Thieving Skills: Opening locks, disabling traps and finding secret passages benefit the entire party.
    • Infinite Playability: Once you complete the final (3rd) quest you are free to redo any of the quests in any order.

I'm looking to improve this in any way that will make it more fun for players so feel free to post feedback here!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:01:33 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
    Update 1/14/10
    Smith Hold version 4.2

The Second Purple Dragon Trilogy is Live!
    As with the first trilogy, the second can be accessed through Sir Aelthas (in the guest quarters).

Features:
      • Environmental Hazards: Lightning storms, cave-ins, complex traps and toxic air add a new challenge for adventurers.
      • New Tilesets: "Tile Magic" is used to transform old tilesets into something new (See screenshot)
      • Skills: Like the first trilogy you'll have a chance to exercise both your social and thief skills.
      • Infinite Playability: Once you complete the final (6th) quest you are free to redo any of the new quests in any order.

Post feedback here: here!

Also included in this update is a new set of "masks" which are helmets that boost social skills (bluff, intimidate, persuade). These can be bought from Ungred in the bazaar.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:08:17 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
        • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
        • View Profile
        • http://lucidmagic.net
        • Email
      « Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
      Really cool guys!  Thanks for keeping NWN alive and well!

Offline 420

• View Profile
        • Email
      « Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
      Just a quick update to let people know I haven't abandoned NWN. The 3rd Purple Dragon Trilogy is well under way with quests 7 and 8 finished and the final quest (9) currently under construction. I have also made it possible for people to repeat any of the previously finished quests without having to finish an entire trilogy first.

Have fun, I'll post here when the final quest is done.

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
      • The Legend Begins...
        • View Profile
        • Illutian
        • Email
      « Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »
      :(

I stop by every now and then and no one's on
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline 420

• View Profile
        • Email
      « Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
      :(

I stop by every now and then and no one's on
      Yeah. It's been all drama drama drama, weddings and funerals. I should be around more now that things have calmed down.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
        • Email
      « Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
      I log on from time to time, but I don't see you, Throbble or Cuch on so I don't stay long. :(
      Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
      Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
        • Email
      « Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
      OK, I've been away for a few months while dealing with various things. Been playing a lot of Brink (270+ hours), been playing a lot of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (100+ hours), built a new computer, tried (unsuccessfully) to get my DSL upgraded.

But now I've got an update on the final Purple Dragon Knight quest! (I promise no spoilers.)

I finally transferred the mod files over from my old compy to my new one.

4 Areas Complete

2 Areas Incomplete

4 Areas Not Started

Once all areas are complete I'll import them into the Smith Hold mod and write the necessary scripts and dialog. (Most of it is written down in a notebook already.)

And always remember: We must move forward, not backward. Upward not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

End Communication,

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
        • Email
      « Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
      OK, I've been away for a few months while dealing with various things. Been playing a lot of Brink (270+ hours), been playing a lot of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (100+ hours), built a new computer, tried (unsuccessfully) to get my DSL upgraded.

But now I've got an update on the final Purple Dragon Knight quest! (I promise no spoilers.)

I finally transferred the mod files over from my old compy to my new one.

4 Areas Complete

2 Areas Incomplete

4 Areas Not Started

Once all areas are complete I'll import them into the Smith Hold mod and write the necessary scripts and dialog. (Most of it is written down in a notebook already.)

And always remember: We must move forward, not backward. Upward not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

End Communication,

Woot! Time too reinstall NWN and do some quests! :D
      Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
      Anheg: cause its japanese?