Author Topic: Played the Open Beta  (Read 4648 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Played the Open Beta
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:47:03 AM »
Here is a quote (from me of course) that I posted on clik.to/godspire
I played an Elementalist/Ranger and Throbble was a Warrior/Monk, both of us got to level 20. We got as far as the Aurora Glade mission, but couldn't beat the very end where you must place 3 crystals without the bad guys doing it first. We tried about 5x before giving up.

Since we couldn't continue the quests we went exploring and eventually made our way to the southern coast south of Lion's Arch! There we found a castle sitting on a plateau above a moat. The castle was guarded by 4 BONE DRAGONS and a level 30 Bone Dragon named "Rotscale"! We were able to take down Rotscale but not the other 4 Bone Dragons.

Four Two Zero's stats:

Level 20 Elementalist/Ranger

Beast Mastery - 1
Marksmanship - 6
Energy Storage - 2
Fire Magic - 12 (+1 from armor)
Earth Magic - 11

Best item:

Pyromancer's Robes of Lesser Fire Magic

Armor: 51
Energy: +5
Fire Resist: 10%
Cold Resist: -10%
Increased Fire Magic

I crafted the Pyromancer's Robes using 36 Bolts of Cloth, 9 Scales and 20 gold. Then I upgraded it with a "Lesser Fire Magic Rune".

Anyway, I plan to pre-order the game so I can continue Beta Testing (starting Nov. 6th)!

Offline Cold

• View Profile
    • Email
Played the Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 05:09:52 AM »
So there were high level dragons :( I looked for them but never found the damn things.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 05:10:55 AM by Cold »
"My face hurts right now and it’s kind of a throbbing sensation, so for all I know a family of spiders could be living in one of my sinuses and they’re just waiting for an opportune moment to erupt from my face in a geyser of filth and horror." - John Butkus

Offline Professor Toki

• MSN Messenger - movezunseen@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - movezunseen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.templeofseasons.cjb.net
Played the Open Beta
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 10:16:01 PM »
So there were high level dragons :( I looked for them but never found the damn things.
[snapback]8860[/snapback]
When you reach the explorable area of the "Sage Lands," you must travel through it to reach the "Misty Wall." After making it to this area travel straight through the general path to reach the "Majesty's Resting Spot." In this area you will find some very difficult creatures including level 18 Bone Dragons, Necrid Riders, Ghouls, Zombie Warlocks, and some Bone Minions. After you complete this challenge, continue forward and you will find the level 30 Bone Dragon Boss along with 4 Bone Dragon Minions.
"Once upon a time..."[/span]

[span style=\'color:gray\']LM Guild Wars Forum Moderator[/span]
[span style=\'color:red\']Moderator of # 1 Guild Wars Fan Site:[/span] www.guildwars.ogaming.com
[span style=\'color:red\']Administrator of:
www.guildwarsdepot.com

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Played the Open Beta
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 11:59:38 PM »
Hmmm... played this for a little bit but wasn't much to do... maybe you guys can show me around a bit :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Played the Open Beta
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 01:02:06 PM »
[snapback]8860[/snapback]

Check out this picture, you can see the words "Divinity Coast" in the upper right hand corner to give you some idea of where it is on the world map. This area is almost directly south and a bith west of Lion's Arch.

The level 30 unique Bone Dragon "Rotscale" is located on the left hand (west) side of the map. Look for a dark circle of land surrounded by a moat of dark blue water. That is the castle where the Bone Dragon and his guardians dwell!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 01:02:35 PM by 420 »

Offline Cold

• View Profile
    • Email
Played the Open Beta
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 02:43:27 AM »
:o The area I was told to look in (in game) wasn't anywhere near there. I remember going over that area though, went over the two bridges. Was a bit difficult because I only had two other people with me. Two level 20 Elementalist/monks who couldn't follow battle plans if their characters lives depended on it, literally.
"My face hurts right now and it’s kind of a throbbing sensation, so for all I know a family of spiders could be living in one of my sinuses and they’re just waiting for an opportune moment to erupt from my face in a geyser of filth and horror." - John Butkus